“What a dump!! Stay away.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Sacramento, California
“What a dump!! Stay away.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stay far away!!! This is a dump. The shuttle picked us up and after a 15min drive we arrived and the lobby had dinner set up for a group of military young men. We checked in and were told the room was in building 800 and after an extremely long walk to the rear of the property then up a flight of stairs with all our luggage we arrived in one of the worst rooms ever under the name Comfort Inn. The bed looked as though it was already slept in. The bathroom wad dirty, the tub mat was wiped but mold and mildew under it. The place was just bad. The girl that was at the front desk was very helpfull. I could go on but all I can advise is STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP....we left and made sure it was not charged to our card and had to find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Try some place else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Port Colborne, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium on March 8, 2013 with my wife and two kids. My brothers in law, their families and a family friend and his wife and kids also stayed there that night. Room was dirty and disgusting. The non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. Toilet did not work properly. Carpet was burnt in many places and room looked like its best years were decades in the past. One brother in law's room was so bad he left immediately. Other brother in law had two guys sitting out front of his unit smoking drugs! Our family friend had guys fighting next door and this caused him to fear for the safety of his wife and kids. Ironically, things got better next door when the working girls arrived. Needless to say our experience was a complete disaster. The only experience we intend to have with another Comfort Inn - or any of its affiliates - is to have t-shirts printed that say "we survived a stay at the Comfort Inn Airport RJ Stadium".

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cranston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

On October 8, 2012 I made a reservation for February 16, 2013. We were planning to stay at
Comfort Inn the night before our cruise. On February 15 I called the hotel directly to confirm our reservation. I called again on the morning of the 16th of February to confirm that they had us down for a late arrival, since our flight was not due to arrive until 8pm. Again they confirmed our reservation as a late check in. the flight arrived at TPA at 9pm. After we gathered our luggage, I called the hotel to request a pick up by the shuttle. The clerk asked my name and when I told her, she said your reservation has been cancelled because your credit card was cancelled. The Visa credit card we had used to hold the reservation had been lost and a new card had been issued with a new number. I have never had a credit card charged before my arrival. She told us she had nothing available and was not sympathetic at all to our situation. As we called every other hotel in Tampa, we discovered they were all sold out. My guess is they gave our reservation away to someone else who arrived looking for a room, even though I had confirmed the reservation twice.
We had to stay in Clearwater and pay about $100 in taxi fares from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port. So much for planning ahead. I complained to the corporate office and they sent a letter saying they were sorry, but their hotels are individually owned and operated and that they would
contact the management of this property. Needless to say I will be staying away from Comfort Inns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Room is less then average, I would say. Doesn't feel clean, stains on the floor, broken (but still functional) micro fridge, busted cover on AC.

Internet is really bad. If you are a business traveler and need WIFI, pass on this place. It is spotty at best. I called the front desk about five times. They said they were looking into it and would call me back. Of course, never did. Finally, when I called back enough times the gal said that it wasn't their problem, and it was probably my computer...NOT. I finally switched back to using my MIFI.

Pass if at all possible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had gotten a room for one night, we arrived around 8pm and had to leave by 4am to catch our flight! We were offered the choice of getting a wake up call and a taxi that would meet us at our door to take us to the airport because their shuttle service stops at 12am! The rooms were dirty, stains on the blankets etc. our toilet would BARELY flush, our bathroom door would not shut so we had to hold it while doing our buisness! Our key cards to our door didnt work.. Had to swipe it about 15 times before the door would open. Around 330 am, we were expecting our wake up call, which we NEVER recieved. Thank god for cellphone alarms. By 4am we were waiting outside our hotel to catch our taxi, which again NEVER CAME. So, I called front desk to ask where our taxi was, and the male on the phone said there had been no taxi requested... Funny because we triple checked with front desk to make sure our taxi would be arriving for 4am. This was BY FAR the worst stay at a hotel we have ever experienced. From starting at about 9pm throughout majourity of the night there was people partying and being extremely noisey. I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone!! Stay FAR FAR away!!!! Deffinetely not worth the 110$! P.s, we didnt arrive at the airport until 435am. Its a 5 minute drive. Our flight left by 6! We BARELY made it to the gate in time!

• Stayed February 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

They put us in the back of hotel and the room next to us was a staff member that has a big dog that barks all night and down stairs was some working girls bringing customers all night and this is a$30 room a night not a $110 that they charge .never again!!

• Stayed February 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a cruise and it was easily the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

The first problem we encountered was the bathroom. The toilet stopped up and stayed that way for several hours. Since we had traveled for some time, had everything unpacked, and our daughter was already asleep, moving wasn't really a viable option. We stayed there for 2 days and it was just a bad experience all around. The shuttle was over packed and they tried to get us to go 4 hours before our cruise ship actually started boarding. The shower was broken and was spraying water out of the actual handle that controlled the heat and such, as well as the nozzle for controlling shower or bath.

For the price they were asking, it was definitely not even close to being worth it. The one bright spot was the front desk clerk who was very helpful, but even he couldn't do much for the other staff who actually were supposed to do the work. My guess is the maintenance guy was simply swamped with all the other problems a hotel of this age would have.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel if you want a good room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium? Share your experiences!