“Good hotel we will book again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #97 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good hotel we will book again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Clean rooms, decent breakfast, just stayed overnight last minute. It was a little pricy but considering it was only 1.5 miles from Busch Gardens it was ok. The staff was very accommodating and helpful after not being able to stay at the hotel we booked.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Litter outside and was never cleaned up by the time we checked out on our 2nd day. We went down for breakfast the first morning and they ran a couple of minutes late and some of the people were complaining. The woman that was working instantly got an attitude and started running her mouth complaining out loud. The food was cool not warm at all. The ggs tasted like they were powder. There Isnt much of a selection. There Is no fresh fruit avaiable. Only old tasting muffins and white or wheat bread. I had cranberry juice that looked like fruit punch. They advertise free wifi. The wifi didnt work the first night. I called down to the front desk and complained. I was told "the tv and internet are sattelite and there was a storm coming so the router wasnt working. Well no storm came and the tv worked just fine. The 2nd night the wifi still wasnt working so I called the front desk and was told that the area was down and there were techs working on it. I Finally got wifi by 4pm. 2nd day we went down for breakfast same menu just the only change you could get onions and peppers. Sausage was cold as usual. Same old hard muffins. We watched a couple walk in and the gentle man was trying to ask for breakfast he turned a sec to look at his wife and when he turned back the same mean woman had put food on his plate. He explained that he only wanted sausage. Her whole temperment changed and she put the plate to the side then got his sausage. She stopped greeting people and appeared to give an attitude. Another man came out and was changing a bucket that had water and suds in it and moved the bins that had dirty dishes in it and along side the bins were a bunch of dirty rags. The man then took a rag out of the water and cleaned the counter where the coffee, milk and juice is then proceeded to clean tables with out changing the rag. My over all opinion is the place needs an overhaul. The rugs in the room look lod and dirty and the furniture is all scratched up. The refridgerater doesnt get cold enough and the room has a musty oder.

• Stayed July 2014
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give your concerns in this forum. I am truly sorry for the issues you had while at our property. I can assure you we are resolving all issues. We are undergoing renovations at our property and getting all new room packages including new carpet in every room. Kind Regards, Randy FOM
Dade City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have to say, I've been a customer of Choice Hotel properties for a decade....this is, by FAR, the worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune to book from them!
The room......where to start! The horrible stench that assaulted us from the moment we stepped in the room...even after leaving the door wide open for almost 3 hours it still reeked of mildew/mold. The carpeting was filthy, apparently cleaning it is not a priority? Two bath towels, one hand towel, NO washcloths. The upholstered chair in the room had a literally caved in seat cushion....not that I was inclined to sit on it at any rate, it was dirty/stained. The sheets appeared clean enough, but were wrinkled and stale smelling. The bedspread was gross...that, I rolled up and tossed aside. The desk chair was totally broken down and unusable. The wifi cut out about every 5 minutes. Non-working phone. Bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned, so glad I had Lysol spray with me, just by chance!
I am TOTALLY shocked at this property...it looked okay from the outside, and the lobby looked nice...but you don't STAY in the lobby! Don't waste your money/time here, there are many other good options nearby that aren't reminiscent of a flophouse!

Room Tip: I don't believe ANY would be good!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for responding to tripadvisor with your concerns. Just wanted to let you know we are aware that we are renovating our property getting all new room packages and new carpets in every room. I will inform our executive housekeeper about your room issues and I assure you the issues will be fixed. I truely hope the next time your back in the area you would give us a second chance. Again I am truely sorry you had issues on your past stay but I can assure you we are addressing all issues. Kindest Regards, Randy Ketchum FOM
Brick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room had a musty odor. The carpeting needed replacing. Breakfast was so-so and not too appetizing looking. My teenage son was afraid to sleep in the bed for fear of bugs. Low and behold an ant with wings was sitting onto of the sheets (termite???) I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking time out to tell us your concerns on tripadvisor. All of our beds at our hotel our brand new and we have a pest control company on contract that services our hotel regularly. We are under going renovations at our property getting all new room packages along with new carpet inevery room. I am truely sorry for your issues you had at our hotel and wish you would have addressed them with us at the time you was staying at our hotel. I truely hope you would give us a second chance to see what accomplishments we have done at our property the next time your in the area. Kindest Regards, Randy Ketchum FOM
Porto Alegre, RS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The furniture was dated but the room was clean and everything worked fine (except the phone). The breakfast and the internet were OK too. The pool was nice. For the price I paid ($60) I think it was fair enough.

Room Tip: They give 3-4 breakfast tickets per day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting on trip advisor. It's forums like this one that let us know how we are doing. We are under going renovations at our property to inprove the quality of our hotel. I would like to personally like to thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs and welcome you back the next time your in the area. Kindest Regards Randy Ketchum FOM
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We was just there on June 20, 2014, and they said that they gave us the best rooms that was just update. Lets just put it this way, I do not like dogs, and I would not put my worst enemy dog there. Bathroom and carpet was old, dirty, and smells bad. That just to give you an idea of their updated rooms. The manager their was someone they found off the street and label "management". NEVER, NEVER, NEVER..... AGAIN. It must be a hurricane or something and even then I will try to go some place else. On the positive side of the hotel across the street there are lots of places to eat and shop because the food their, well lets say it"s a good thing that they are located were you have other options. Oh yea the garden looks ok.

Room Tip: do not go there. spa they do not have one so I put average to make it look so what ok
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for responding to tripadvisor. It's forums like this one that let us know how we are doing. I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I know that our sales dept and front desk went above and beyond to make sure everyone was pleased with their stay. It saddens me to hear that you was not completely happy with your stay. We are under going renovations at our hotel and getting new room packages in every room along with new carpet. I truly hope you would give us a second chance the next time your in our area.
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I really was impressed with the rooms and service :) The room was quiet and my family is excited to stay again. It was great! We will be staying here again and again and again. Maybe we will catch a yankee game next time in this beautiful city and come back to this awesome hotel and totally relax for some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed June 2014
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. It's forums like this one that let us know how we are doing. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to welcome you back the next time your traveling needs brings you back to our area.

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!