“Fair” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Porto Alegre, RS
“Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The furniture was dated but the room was clean and everything worked fine (except the phone). The breakfast and the internet were OK too. The pool was nice. For the price I paid ($60) I think it was fair enough.

Room Tip: They give 3-4 breakfast tickets per day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for posting on trip advisor. It's forums like this one that let us know how we are doing. We are under going renovations at our property to inprove the quality of our hotel. I would like to personally like to thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs and welcome you back the next time your in the area. Kindest Regards Randy Ketchum FOM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We was just there on June 20, 2014, and they said that they gave us the best rooms that was just update. Lets just put it this way, I do not like dogs, and I would not put my worst enemy dog there. Bathroom and carpet was old, dirty, and smells bad. That just to give you an idea of their updated rooms. The manager their was someone they found off the street and label "management". NEVER, NEVER, NEVER..... AGAIN. It must be a hurricane or something and even then I will try to go some place else. On the positive side of the hotel across the street there are lots of places to eat and shop because the food their, well lets say it"s a good thing that they are located were you have other options. Oh yea the garden looks ok.

Room Tip: do not go there. spa they do not have one so I put average to make it look so what ok
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for responding to tripadvisor. It's forums like this one that let us know how we are doing. I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I know that our sales dept and front desk went above and beyond to make sure everyone was pleased with their stay. It saddens me to hear that you was not completely happy with your stay. We are under going renovations at our hotel and getting new room packages in every room along with new carpet. I truly hope you would give us a second chance the next time your in our area.
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I really was impressed with the rooms and service :) The room was quiet and my family is excited to stay again. It was great! We will be staying here again and again and again. Maybe we will catch a yankee game next time in this beautiful city and come back to this awesome hotel and totally relax for some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed June 2014
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. It's forums like this one that let us know how we are doing. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to welcome you back the next time your traveling needs brings you back to our area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Started out great ,called ahead to make sure they had breakfast and that this would be a fit for us ,day one was ok nice pool. Room seems ok. Carpet needs replaced. Paint outside needs touched up Day two. Do not disturb sign Keri's falling off , they didn't give us a breakfast ticket. The lady in the cafe was rude about it. Went to front desk she was rude couldn't find my room number abd I have her our name 5-10 time finally she handed us some tickets Swim in the pool later. It appears nice. I subbed my toe in a broken. Tile in the pool I started noticing. The whole pool is a mess soapy broken tiles they glue them back in they are barely hanging on in the pool , they keep checking people in we are 1st room on bottom floor abd they come all hours of the night and at 6 am the cars start agian. This morning. The lady in the cafe was rude didn't say hello just slapped my food on a plate like she's mad. Wth. Dono so far. It sucks here and thinking of leaving where I can eat

• Stayed May 2014
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
If you was having issues with our hotel I truely would have like to have been told that when I was working with you about extending your stay since you was having troubles paying your hotel bill. We went above and beyond to help you in your time in need. I truely hope everything works out for you. Also for as for anyone being rude to you I am truely sorry to hear about that and that will addressed.
Beverly Hills, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bed bugs! Mold! Dirty! We stayed at this hotel as a last minute decision. As we were checking in I couldn't help but notice a unhappy patron at the front desk. The desk was understaffed with one attendant. This should have been a sign but I always give the benefit of doubt. After standing in line for about 30 mins it was my turn. Check in for me was swift and pleasant. We were able to her the two rooms needed for our family. As we found our rooms we noticed it was extremely dark walking the stair case. Thank God there was 9 of us! I would not have walked that area alone!! Our room was on the second floor facing the children's outside water area (which looked nice in the dark). We arrive at the first room and it was "ok". I always check to make sure the safety and cleanliness of the room and that one was just ok. We arrived to our second room which my husband and I shared with our two sons, there was a horrible smell lurking in the room. After looking around the room we food left in the mini fridge that was there for quite a while. The floor was not cleaned for quite some time. The water that came from the spout looked like urine. There were pubic hair on the toilet and shower. Just when I thought that was enough I found mold- ALOT of it. That was enough! I called down to the front desk to discuss my concerns. The response I got was "well what do you want me to do" in a rude manner. I asked to be switched to two different rooms and was told there were no more.... We began to call around to see if we could book other rooms from the area hotels with little to no results. I asked if a cleaning staff me never could come clean the room and was told no that there was no staff. Frustrated and upset I decided with my husband to stick it out for the night. By this time it was 3am and only a couple hours of sleep was all I needed. I decide to take a shower only to find that the towels provided were dirty and clearly used! I was completely aggravated. Approximately at 5am my son woke up screaming and had welts all over his body. I then woke up my family to check out. I took pictures of everything and showed it to the staff member at the front desk. The explanation I received was that the rooms were all being remodeled and we must have been in one that hasn't been touched yet. REALLY!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to respond to forums such as this one. I am truely sorry for all the issues you had while staying at our property. Our hotel has a pest control company service our hotel on a regular basis and this is something that we have not had a problem with at our hotel. We are going through a multi million dollar renovation of this property and getting all new room packages that includes new carpets. We are excelling at customer service with alot of new friendly faces here. I am truely sorry for your issues you had in the past at our location but I can assure you that we have made alot of changes since your last stay.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Beware for online reservations....I made a reservation for May 13th to May 15th 2014 using the online system, but someone uses my credit card and charge me with almost $800 dollars...that's the only transaction that I recently made...take cautions.....use another hotel....I'm from Honduras Central America.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Randy K, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Our hotel prides itself in great customer service. I can say this has never happened at our property before and would like the oppertunity to talk with you about this further so that we may investigate this matter. Please contact us as soon as possible.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our Dragon Boat competition. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff and yummy cookies :) Our room was clean. The hotel is under renovations to become better from the original hotel. Contractors was painting the pool fence area. So the hotel are making improvements. Speaking of the pool area we enjoyed playing in both the adults and kiddies area. Yes, I did the slide and played in the water fountain in the kiddie area. Friday's restaurant was right next door (food was good). The Hotel was accommodating to open their breakfast early for our Dragon Boat team. That helped out a lot. Thank You. The breakfast was very filling and yummy. Keep up the improvements and we will be back (but will get a room away from the pool) :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nancy V, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. Also thank you so much for choosing us for your hotel needs and welcome you back anytime.

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!