“our stay was great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 158 hotels in Tampa
North Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“our stay was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

the free breakfast was great. not just waffles. but an actual hot breakfast every morning. staff was friendly. our room was clean when we got there. check in and out was very easy. pool was fabulous. even stayed an extra night and that was easy to change in our reservation as well. and the price was great for the quality of hotel. so much food and entertainment right across from the hotel.

Room Tip: ask to make sure no bible group is staying at the hotel.. 200 kids can be alittle noisy at the pool...

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here overnight for a business trip. The room was excellent and the service was even better. The staff were kind and helpful, the room was clean, and the breakfast was a great plus. There were no problems at all.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while on business. Had a good rate, especially for the area. Hotel is dated and could use a few upgrades, but the room is clean and furniture was in good shape. If they removed the chair footstool and small table (both were worn) the room would have looked newer. Breakfast was cafeteria style for potatoes, sausage and eggs with nice portions. Cereal, juice, coffee, toast, Danish etc was self serve.

If you have kids the pool area has been renovated - kids splash pool, complete with pirate ship, water guns etc, is awesome. Adult pool is beautiful.

If you don't have kids or need to go to bed early, request a room street side. Pool is open late and can get noisy. Rooms aren't noise proof, and this hotel is large so ask for a room one down from your neighbors, they will accommodate you.

Overall a decent stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Clayton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion the night before our cruise. First impression it was beautiful on the outside - check in-in was awesome very pretty. The staff was very kind and friendly. We were assigned to room #1052. It was ok and served the purpose for one night and I actually think it was one of the more updated rooms. But, I completely understand some of the negative comments especially families with children. I would not put my feet on the carpet without my flip-flops on. The inside of these rooms could use some updating and cleaning. So I decided to look around outside, the pool area is pretty, but if you look closely you will find drop cords that look shot and hanging from the ceiling in the gabazo. Just unsafe looking to me. The breakfast area was nice and the breakfast was outstanding. The hotel is directly across the street from a little shopping center and we chose to eat dinner at Firehouse Subs - this was a great choice. One thing I would like to mention is this hotel does have a lift at the pool for the handicap. This is a very nice touch for those that have a hard time getting in and out of the water without assistance. Overall it was ok - I just wish they would invest a little and spruce things up. We loved the location as there were many mini malls to choose to go to - but if you don't like being around lots of college kids this is also not the place for you to stay as University of South Fl is within walking distance. So all in all for the internet price we paid for the room and the breakfast I really can not complain, but, we will probably stay somewhere different next time we are in Tampa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was in tampa for a job interview and I stayed 3 nights. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. I felt at home and would be glad to visit again. The parking lot was nice and smooth and Fridays was in the same parking lot. I am so happy I decided to stop at the clarion and its down the street from bush gardens.

Room Tip: I loved being close to the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We always travel to Tampa once a month for business and we stay overnight in just any Hotel that is close to where we are at. But on this trip I decided to change the Hotel and choose Clarion. I am soo happy I did. This Hotel is close to everything. The rooms are great, they also have a great continental breakfast,great staff very friendly and helpful. I will definetly recomend this Hotel and I will be using this hotel for all my trips from now on.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

if you have kids and they love to swim they will love this hotel the staff are always friendly and very helpful, and they have a great hot and cold breakfast..... its a must stay if your in the tampa area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!