“great vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Savannah, Georgia
“great vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

had a great time. excellent location. staff was nice and very helpful. would visit there again and take family. also easy to reach I-75 and I-4 will be going back to Tampa soon for business and take in some of the sites. because of its amenities I will be taking my grandson with me who will just LOVE the pool .

Room Tip: for families stay on ground floor facing pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating to not just our wants but our needs. The pool is very nice and attracts both adults and kids. The location is convenient and walking distance to University of South Florida, the mall, Shriner Hospital, Moffitt Cancer Center and close to Busch Garden and Adventure island,

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter, as the pool is very nice and inviting to adults and kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is a dump - plain and simple. It's my own fault... I didn't research it enough before booking. I loved the price and went for it. Lesson learned!! You truly get what you pay for!!
We came here for 2 nights because we were taking our kids to Busch Gardens. I honestly dreaded going back to the hotel at night when we were done at the park. It was dirty feeling, old, moldy bathroom, horrible old beds, and roaches in the bathroom. To add insult to injury, when we got back to our room at 9 pm, we walk in and see that housekeeping never came to make up the room! Unmade beds, trashcans full and used towels in the bathroom. We go down to the lobby with our tired children to speak to the front desk about this and their only response is "sorry but housekeeping isn't here". I ask what they can do for us and I'm told "I can get you towels". By the way, the woman at the front desk was completely unprofessional and gave me attitude in response to my upset over the situation.
Bottom line - do yourself a favor and spend an extra $15 per night to stay somewhere else. Like I said, this place is a DUMP!!

• Stayed September 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Every three months I stay at this Clarion Hotel as I have to spend a day at Moffitt Cancer Center so I travel the day before to get much needed rest. The staff is so friendly and caring I could not imagine staying anywhere else. The pool area is very inviting if not to swim but just to sit and relax. I have recommended this hotel to many and no one has been disappointed.

Room Tip: all rooms I have stayed in are wonderful, poolside is great when you have kids. I like the corner ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jupiter, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best Hotel Across The Street From University Of South Florida. The Location Is Perfect For Staying Grounded or walking across the street for something a little different.Great place for the kids, from small to the college age, even Grandpa and Grandma.One time we brought a few girlfriend with their little dog, NO problem. Great place to party by the pool after a snior softball tournament.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. It's clean and neat surroundings, make you feel comfortable to stay here. I have recommended this hotel to many friends and family. I highly recommend this to many. The parking is great and lots of spacing. The pool area is fun and exciting for family and friends, especially for your kids. I especially love the king size suites with the jacuzzi tub, microwaves, cable television, relaxing chair and desk and table for your lap top if need be and courtesy wi-fi. I had a wonderful time, take my advise you would love your stay here, I recommend the next time you are looking for a great hotel for your stay with family, look no further, here is where to come- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Fowler Av., Tampa, Fl.

Room Tip: "King Size Suites are the best choice"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My first impressions were not good ones, unfortunately. While I approached the check-in counter, a seemingly homeless man rode his bike into the lobby and attempted to use my 12 yr. old niece’s phone to “google something”. He was acting strangely and I asked him to leave us alone, and I let the front desk clerk know that the man was bothering us. The clerk politely asked the man to leave, which he did. Second impression: the hotel did not have my reservation. I booked/pre-paid in advance through Book-It.com at the reduced rate of $55/night, which was less than advertised on ChoiceHotels.com, and also less than my friend paid through Expedia ($69/night). The hotel asked me to call Book-It.com and I was on hold for (OMG!) 28 minutes (I know,’ you get what you pay for’ comes to mind…) only to find out the Clarion had the reservation under my first name (who does that??). So after the check in drama, we checked into our rooms. Rooms: about what you’d see in a cut rate hotel (like Motel 6). We were prepared, based on previous reviews. Breakfast: the lady behind the counter serving cafeteria style is not about to give you extra sausage, even if you don’t want the potato and eggs. But, I guess, it’s included, so deal with it. Location: the entire location surrounding Busch Gardens and USF has seen better days, and I would characterize it as sketchy. However, there are numerous choice for dinner and lunch from sub shops to casual dining, and the proximity to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island is great. So if I could give 2.5 stars, I would.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!