“Nicer hotel than they get credit for :))” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #100 of 159 hotels in Tampa
ORANGE CITY, FL
“Nicer hotel than they get credit for :))”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We almost didn't stay here because we are used to high quality hotels. But we were pleasantly surprised. The lobby and staff were great. The pool was a thousand times better than expected. Nice for the kids. Several restaurant were in walking distance. The free breakfast was advertised as a continental.. but they were serving eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and grits!! Our fav part :)
I will only say, they can make this a top notch hotel if they removed the dirty carpet and replaced with tile: upgrade to flat screen TV's: and upgrade the beds to queens. Other than that, MUCH better than expected :) We will stay again, especially when going to Bush Gardens!!

Room Tip: ask for a room by the pool :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel three times and always find the pool a great reward to a long day's toil. It is always heated to around 85 degrees (or more). The free breakfast is a reminder of college days where you get a china plate and go through the line and are served a scoop of home fries, hot scrambled eggs, breakfast meat and hot oatmeal and grits. The toast and beverages - to include orange juice and fresh coffee - are self-serve. It is institutional, but good and FREE!

Room Tip: Request Pool Side not Parking Lot
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

First off trying to decide between clarion hotel and baymount was a very hard decision for my husband and I. Everytime I called clarion they were VERY VERY VERY rude, didn't have answers to my questions, and rushed me off the phone. I am disabled and I wanted to know if a assessible room was the best option for us and I wanted to know its features. They didn't know what features their assessible room offered other than it had a "big doorway".

What made the decision was the location and the pool. There is all types of variety of food around it literally right across the street. We also needed the shuttle to get to busch gardens. We went to busch gardens the 27th and they hadn't scheduled anyone to drive the shuttle so they ended up paying for our taxi which was very nice.

I was misinformed / not impressed with breakfast. They said there would be bacon and there wasn't any nor has there been any for 3 years. Its suppose to be "all you can eat buffet breakfast" but the servers for the buffet give you very little servings and give you dirty looks if you come up for more. There was only sausage, stale potatos (little squares that weren't good at all) fluffy barely cooked eggs, oatmeals, grits, onions / peppers, toast and dry muffins. It really wasn't inpressive.

I was told that there was a hot tub, but there wasn't. If you get a suite then there are hot tubs in it but when I looked online for booking I seen no rooms that offered that. They said there was a gameroom; appearently they dont have that anymore either. The gym only consisted of 4 machines and it smelled. Theres only 25 channels and many are news channels. The pirate ship pool was suppose to be heated but it wasn't. The adult pool was though so that was nice.

The thing that annoyed me most was there are NO OUTLETS. I wanted to plugged in my laptop and I had to unplug a lamp to get a outlet. The room was alot smaller than I thought it would be. Also in many rooms the chair had a footstole but ours didn't.

We only paid 55 dollars a night though for november 27-28th check out the 29th. So the price was good. I just wish there info was more accurate. Luckly the staff was very nice when we were there; (accept the breakfast servers) unlike when we were trying to get more information. They allowed us early check in at 9:50am :) The bed was comfy, the air worked well but smelled a little and made the room stuffy, the fridge didnt keep things that cold though :( , the shower was amazing! After a long day of walking around the park I wanted a hot bath / shower and the tempature was accuarate and amazing. Overall it was ok for the value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It is sometimes easier to gauge the value of a place by comparing it to another. This is what I plan to do here.
My son and I were planning to attend Busch Gardens and happen to choose this hotel. I was arriving a little later so I had my son (age 18) check in for us. They politely verified that he was, indeed, 18 to be able to check in. He was treated with all the respect and courtesy shown to veteran business travelers. He was their guest. They were bound and determined to show him just that fact.
I arrived a few hours later. The room was spacious and extremely clean. It was furnished with large, comfortable beds, a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, safe and much more. Wifi reception was available free, as were internet connectivity and business and fitness centers.
The pool was huge. It even had an elaborate pool area with a kids' play area theme. It was located close to Busch Gardens itself, as well as other points of interest.
The hotel provided a hot breakfast for its guests the next morning, consisting of sausage, eggs, grits and much, much more. This came in handy as we knew Theme Park food was going to be expensive. It was nice to get a "free" meal to get us started.
The room rate was listed as $69/night, but was discounted because of Choice Priveleges.

Here is the othe sider of the story: My company was hosting a summit for all of our (international) engineers. They held it at the Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin Resort. The listed price was $219/night per room (we all had our own). Our people had nothing but complaints the entire time we were there. They booked one of our Vice Presidents in a room where the toilet had overflowed (and hadn't been cleaned up) and had soaked the carpet. (There was still a puddle.) At least a third of our group complained they couldn't get any sleep because the walls were too thin. In many cases the eleavtor was heard opening and closing all night. The Swan didn't really have access to much of a pool. You had to hike over to the Dolphin if you wanted to take a dip.
The morning breakfast consisted mainly of bagels, bread and muffins. There were no hot items at all (unless you toasted a bagel yourself!) By the second day, my nickname for the Swan as a "Bread and Breakfast" caught on with almost all of us.
Wifi was not free. It was something like $50/night.
I realize that the Clarion and the Swan are in different cities. But there is no doubt in my mind that if they were both located in the same area for the same price I would pick this Clarion over the Swan everytime! There was no comparison at all to the sheer amount of amenities and friendly service. You were looked at as though you were a true guest at the Clarion. At the Swan you were looked at as though you were a giant credit card that they somehow had to try to scan and drain as much as possible before you left.

The Clarion: Three times the hotel as the Swan for one third the price!
Every trip I ever take to Tampa for whatever reason will always start there!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a pool view if you want one. Hotels will generally rotate the rooms they rent. They...
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

First off, this property offers a military discount. thank you for recognizing and appreciating my service. The price was more than fair. The room was fine and the bed comfortable. Although crowded, the night was quiet. I did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed overnight after an evening at Skippers Smokehouse. Rooms need to be deep cleaned but bed is comfy and bathroom/shower good with plenty of hot water. Breakfast is convenient and acceptable quality. Request poolside rooms as I believe this will put you on the interior of the hotel rather than facing the outside

Room Tip: poolside room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The pool was really nice for our other children to use while we visited USF. The hotel staff was very accomidating and pleasent. The breakfest buffet was good, I was hoping for waffels but the muffins and homefries were tastey. The hotel rooms were clean and there were plenty of towels. Whne we checked in , other families were checking in as well and I was concerned that the rooms may be noisy, but that was not an issue. The landscaping Jaround the property was lush and in good condition. The price was right and I would definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: second floor was nice and seemed more view of pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!