“Good budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Bradenton, Florida
“Good budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent two days here as looking for the apartment, staff at the reception was nice.
Breakfast was decent- typical american breakfast cuisine but kitchen staff could be nicer.
Room was quite clean, decent- it was fit to its price.
Pool area was clean and relaxing to chill.
Though elevator would be needed as I had hard time moving my luggage through stairs, it was good budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I stayed in this hotel for five days while he was participating in an event at USF. The location was perfect for that, just a mile down the street. This hotel was average -- comfy enough beds, water in the shower was wet, and the hot breakfast was served by very friendly people. I was disappointed to find that that rooms opened to the outdoors, and anytime somebody walked by we heard the full conversation and the sound of the wheels on their luggage. I would stay here again if a nicer place was not available. I am not picky -- just honest. This is an average hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms require climbing stairs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I just love this hotel :) this is already fifth time I come here with my family. It's very nice here especially the pool and I love the food it's very delicious:) and it's nice too that this just a few minutes away from bush gardens :) I love love love love it

• Stayed August 2012
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a fun time at your hotel, my grandikids loved the pirate pool area, they did not want to leave to go back to bush gardens. we enjoyedbthe breakfast. It was very filling. The staff at registration were very friendly. Jennifer was the best, she remembered our face whence returned later in the eveningbto getbtowels (very friendly and polite). We would definitely stay arguing hotel again when we are in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Book early so you get a room facing the pool, great view
Hiawassee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Okay, where should I start. First off if you are going to stay on the weekend you might want to make reservations, which I did not. I just thought with so many hotels in the area they would not be sold out. Our plans were to spend the day in Clearwater get a room there then head to Tampa the next morning for a few days a Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. When I saw the places in Clearwater lets just say I wasn't about to stay at any of them!!!! Yes there are resorts there but I wasn't looking to spend over $200 to sleep! When we arrived at the Clarion, the nice young lady informed me there were no rooms available with double beds.... yep just my luck I thought. I have never stayed anywhere else in Tampa but the Clarion and wasn't sure where to stay, I have 2 kids and didn't want to just stay anywhere. Jennifer, I think her name was, started calling around to see what was available in the area hotels that she would recommend. It seemed like almost everything was booked up. There was a Republican convention going on. Finally, I said we would just take King size room and we would all just have to manage sleeping together. Sure, I could have gone some where else and had a double room. Jennifer was able to find us something but I just feel safe at the Clarion and this is where I wanted to stay. Before I knew it she was on the phone with housekeeping having a roll away bed put in a room. We took the kids down the street for ice cream and when we arrived to our room there was the roll away bed, made and ready for one of the kids to climb into. To my surprise, both of the kids fit in it just fine. Housekeeping also brought us extra towels without having to be asked. The next night we were supposed to move to a double room next to the pool but instead decided to just keep the one we were in, it was comfortable and we already had out stuff in there so why move it? Breakfast is good, I would prefer to make my own waffles but I am not going to complain about that. Most places that have the waffle maker don't have all the things they do here.... sausage, hash browns, eggs, grits, oatmeal, toast, mini muffins, fresh fruit and of course cereal, coffee, milk and juice and its all included free! The pool area is wonderful, what a way to relax after a long day at the park!!! Thank you Jennifer for taking such good care of us and we will see you again in November!!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the pool side rooms and on the outside, both are quiet and spacious.
sebastian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Best place ever! The hotel is older but this was the cleanest place I have ever stayed and no matter the time of night or day, there was staff working round the clock on the grounds, etc.. to keep the grounds and entire hotel maintained. The pool is awesome and my son just loved it. It is close to all kinds of shopping and food and most anything you would want to do in Tampa. The ONLY complaint I have and it is not really a complaint, is that the signs (several of them) around the pool state NO ALCOHOL or GLASS BEVERAGES on the pool grounds. There was one night were several adults were not following this rule. Go figure, adults can act like kids too. No one from the staff said anything about it. Probably to avoid contention. If there is anyway the staff can better crack down on this rule (because 1 broken glass bottle would have meant glass cutting a kid or person's foot) then they would be getting 5 stars from us, because we will be back.

Room Tip: room by pool was fun and convenient
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Second time this month staying. The kids love to come. We go to Busch Gardens for the day and go back to the hotel for the kids to enjoy the kids pool. The kids enjoy the pirate ship. The staff is friendly and even have a security guard patrolling. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Would definately recommend for anybody with children. We wil be coming back.

Room Tip: Great hotel for people with children
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!