We live in Orlando and decided to go to Busch Gardens and the beach before the kids headed back to school. We walked in and asked for one night-a king room was available which we took.
The room was on the 2nd floor. The room itself was very nice, a King bed, a pullout couch, coffee table, desk with high speed connection, tv on dresser, nightstands with alarm clock. The furniture was comfortable and clean. The bathroom had plenty of room and was very clean. We only stayed one night, but had plenty of towels, blankets and pillows.
To get into the building you had to use your key-this was a nice security measure. Although we came back to the room late, we did walk around-the pool and spa area was very nice, and even had a little garden area with a gazebo and bench. The free continental breakfast was great-yummy waffles that you make yourself, yogurt, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, bananas, coffee and juice. Lots of maps and information on the area in the lobby. The only problem I saw was that there was only one fairly small elevator, so it sometimes made for a long wait since there are 4 floors. The staff was also friendly.
This hotel is very close to everything, including restaurants, stores and Busch Gardens (all within 5 minute drive). We would definitely stay there again if looking for something for just a couple of nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. is newly renovated and located behind Busch Gardens, adjacent to the University of South Florida (host hotel for most USF Sundome functions). There is always plenty to do here: Hard Rock Nightclub at Seminole Casino, Nightlife in Ybor City, Museum of Science and Industry, Florida Aquarium, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, Florida State Fairgrounds. Don't forget professional sporting events (baseball, football, and hockey). Walk to a variety of great restaurants, or hit the malls (International, University, West Shore). Guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. are treated with a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Enjoy the heated pool and Jacuzzi and 24-hour fitness center. Rooms are spacious and come with free high-speed Internet access and more. We are in north Tampa between I-75 and I-275, just minutes from the area's renowned Hospitals (Veterans, Cancer Center, Shriner's). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta