This is fairly standard Motel style accommodation with external doors, floor level air conditioning and bathroom at the bottom of the room. It does though have the advantage of having its own swimming pool that was very popular with guests once Busch Gardens had closed. An unusual feature for this level of accommodation was that breakfast was included. It was only rolls, cereal, waffles and coffee but was a good start to the day.
I didn't like the fact that the wash basin was in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom and the air conditioning was not very effective at cooling the whole room.
The rooms were clean although the furnishing and carpet was looking a bit tired.
The hotel is well situated for Busch gardens, being opposite the gardens although it was about a mile to the main entrance. This is not somewhere you go for evening strolls as it looks a bit of a seedy area and there is a six lane highway on two sides of the hotel.
There are a large number of fast food outlets and restaurants within a few hundred yards of the hotel although you do have to cross at least 1 busy highway to get to most of them.
The real plus for this hotel was the extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful receptionist. Such service can make all the difference to a stay and is unusual in hotels of this level (i.e. cheap!).
If you are going to Busch Gardens and spending a few days here this is a good choice but you would be probably better looking nearer the beach areas for longer stays or if you are not visiting Busch Gardens.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens)
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. is newly renovated and located behind Busch Gardens, adjacent to the University of South Florida (host hotel for most USF Sundome functions). There is always plenty to do here: Hard Rock Nightclub at Seminole Casino, Nightlife in Ybor City, Museum of Science and Industry, Florida Aquarium, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, Florida State Fairgrounds. Don't forget professional sporting events (baseball, football, and hockey). Walk to a variety of great restaurants, or hit the malls (International, University, West Shore). Guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. are treated with a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Enjoy the heated pool and Jacuzzi and 24-hour fitness center. Rooms are spacious and come with free high-speed Internet access and more. We are in north Tampa between I-75 and I-275, just minutes from the area's renowned Hospitals (Veterans, Cancer Center, Shriner's). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Venere, Olotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.