We decided to stay at the La Quinta for two reasons: proximity to USF and price. I am usually a little hesitant to stay at a budget hotel and rely heavily on reviews on sites like this when I do. This La Quinta had gotten very good reviews and I left my stay feeling they were completely deserved!
The hotel is located directly across the street from USF, definitely within walking distance if you wanted to risk your life crossing Fowler Ave. The hotel was easy to find and many shopping and dining options near-by.
The hotel is very clean. If you are looking for serenity, there is a nice garden area with a gazebo leading to the pool and hot tub. There is a small exercise room. The rooms themselves are not fancy but clean and spacious. The breakfast was fine with muffins, cereals, and waffle machines. USA Today’s provided. I think I was most impressed with the service. As far as I can remember, this is the first hotel where the front desk called me after check-in to make sure the room met my standards. I have not gotten that service at higher star hotels.
Overall, if great price, clean place and close to USF is what you are going for, then checkout the La Quinta.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens)
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. is newly renovated and located behind Busch Gardens, adjacent to the University of South Florida (host hotel for most USF Sundome functions). There is always plenty to do here: Hard Rock Nightclub at Seminole Casino, Nightlife in Ybor City, Museum of Science and Industry, Florida Aquarium, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, Florida State Fairgrounds. Don't forget professional sporting events (baseball, football, and hockey). Walk to a variety of great restaurants, or hit the malls (International, University, West Shore). Guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. are treated with a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Enjoy the heated pool and Jacuzzi and 24-hour fitness center. Rooms are spacious and come with free high-speed Internet access and more. We are in north Tampa between I-75 and I-275, just minutes from the area's renowned Hospitals (Veterans, Cancer Center, Shriner's). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.