We stayed in the LaQuinta Inn, Tampa on Spruce Street near the International Mall in 2009, had a less than stellar experience. We attempted this hotel again this past week, 2/26-28/2013. We had a much better stay. We stayed on a second floor room, clean, fresh, nonsmoking and no hint of cigarette smoke smell at all. The room was immaculate. The check in was easy, no elevator however, but we did not need one. The last time we stayed, and we checked in advance back then, that the pool was open, it was not. This time, the pool was heated, clean and enjoyed. The breakfast was okay, not the best I have had, but adequate. The staff was wonderful and accommodating to all who arrived at the desk for assistance. We did not need our room to be serviced during our two day stay, but they did freshen our towels and offer servicing. ( we felt it was a waste of resources). This hotel had an IHOP next door to it. However, you really need a rental car,which we did have, in order to see the sights or go somewhere to shop. We most certainly will stay here again. Either a change in management or staff made the difference. We are most happy with this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. is newly renovated and located behind Busch Gardens, adjacent to the University of South Florida (host hotel for most USF Sundome functions). There is always plenty to do here: Hard Rock Nightclub at Seminole Casino, Nightlife in Ybor City, Museum of Science and Industry, Florida Aquarium, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, Florida State Fairgrounds. Don't forget professional sporting events (baseball, football, and hockey). Walk to a variety of great restaurants, or hit the malls (International, University, West Shore). Guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. are treated with a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Enjoy the heated pool and Jacuzzi and 24-hour fitness center. Rooms are spacious and come with free high-speed Internet access and more. We are in north Tampa between I-75 and I-275, just minutes from the area's renowned Hospitals (Veterans, Cancer Center, Shriner's). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta