“Convenient to Moffitt Cancer Center” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 East Fowler Ave., Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #25 of 159 hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Convenient to Moffitt Cancer Center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were pleased with this hotel. For our purpose, it was perfect. Husband had surgery at Moffitt Cancer Center. The location made traveling to and from the hospital most convenient. The lighted parking area was very nice especially when returning at late hours from hospital. I also noticed a security guard at various times in the parking area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for a class I attended at USF, which is right across the street. Very clean hotel, well kept. The staff was extremely helpful and very courteous!!!! Everyone there greeted you with a smile, and a, "How are you today?" Breakfast spread was very nice.
I do recommend a car while staying there, they do not have a shuttle and you can't really walk anywhere because of the very busy street in front of the hotel.
Overall a wonderful stay!! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I took my son to the Tampa Zoo before going to Orlando. We wanted a affordable (cheap) hotel since our vacation was really in Orlando. I have stayed in La Quinta hotels but because I know it is a budget hotel I am cautious of each property I stay at. Though I have never been disappointed thus far. The entrance was nice and is used for the contiental breakfast area.The staff was really friendly and the rooms were cleaned. Usual wear and tear of a hotel but nothing outragoues!!!!

Because Tampa is a small city and we had a rental car everything was easily accessible. If you plan on visiting USF or area hospitals you can walk there. Propery is clean should be considered if you want to travel to Busch Gardens or any place in Tampa without spending alot on lodging.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We used to stay here when vacationing to Busch Gardens, Tampa. After a while it had gone way down hill so we started staying elsewhere. This time I noticed the nicer reviews for this location so we tried it again. I'm glad we did. It's perfectly situated for our destination, the cost was very reasonable and the condition of the building, the rooms and the overall feel was comfortable, clean and updated. Even the other guests seemed nicer than last time, several years ago! We had an ADA accessable bathroom that wasn't quite right though. The commode was too far from the wall to be able to use the grab bar and the toilet itself was 2-3 inches too low per ADA standards. Luckily I discovered I could lean on the vanity on the opposite side instead, so it worked out ok. We look forward to the next time we can get away and will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights for a business meeting being held on the USF campus. Being right across the street from the campus was perfect. The hotel has just undergone remodeling, so everything was bright, clean, and in good working order. One of the hotel's particularly positive attributes was the friendly, accomodating staff. Each encounter was met with a smile and caring attitude. There are pillow top mattresses that were quite comfortable. The large screen LCD TV's are a welcomed feature as well as the comfortable working desk area with internet access. My only criticism would be the breakfast in the mornings. The attendant was great but the choices of food were just "so-so." Otherwise, it was a pleasant visit where I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)? Share your experiences!