“Thanksgiving” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 East Fowler Ave., Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #30 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We used to stay here when vacationing to Busch Gardens, Tampa. After a while it had gone way down hill so we started staying elsewhere. This time I noticed the nicer reviews for this location so we tried it again. I'm glad we did. It's perfectly situated for our destination, the cost was very reasonable and the condition of the building, the rooms and the overall feel was comfortable, clean and updated. Even the other guests seemed nicer than last time, several years ago! We had an ADA accessable bathroom that wasn't quite right though. The commode was too far from the wall to be able to use the grab bar and the toilet itself was 2-3 inches too low per ADA standards. Luckily I discovered I could lean on the vanity on the opposite side instead, so it worked out ok. We look forward to the next time we can get away and will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights for a business meeting being held on the USF campus. Being right across the street from the campus was perfect. The hotel has just undergone remodeling, so everything was bright, clean, and in good working order. One of the hotel's particularly positive attributes was the friendly, accomodating staff. Each encounter was met with a smile and caring attitude. There are pillow top mattresses that were quite comfortable. The large screen LCD TV's are a welcomed feature as well as the comfortable working desk area with internet access. My only criticism would be the breakfast in the mornings. The attendant was great but the choices of food were just "so-so." Otherwise, it was a pleasant visit where I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I spent 4 days here and I have to say that this hotel is absolutely great for the price. The rooms have recently been remodeled with nice carpet and furniture and feature an LCD TV complete with HD cable. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff really friendly (the front desk staff said good morning to me each day). The breakfast is a typical continental breakfast (waffles, 3 choices of cereal, bread for toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs) and the fitness center is adequate (2 treadmills, 2 bicycles, and a weight machine). However, the thing that irritated me so much (especially here on business) is that the internet was so terribly slow. Web pages took forever to load, and it was impossible to stream video clips. I hope they invest more in bandwidth so that others don’t have to go through what I did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My family and I visited Tampa to go to Busch Gardens and we stayed at this property the weekend of Oct 26, 2012. The property is quaint and pretty, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the beds were great, the staff was polite, friendly and very helpful. My only complaint was a barking dog ... right below my window. The dog started barking around 10pm on Saturday night and just when I was getting that last good sleep for the morning, it started barking again around 7am the next morning. A bummer!! ... especially when you're trying to relax. Nothing I could do since this is a 'pet friendly' property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is very close to Moffitt Cancer Center. My contacts with staff have been excellent and the front desk personnel have always be willing to work with me on check out time. This is important to me because of the uncertainty of my appointments being on time. Finally, it very nice to have a nourishing breakfast before heading off to a sometimes stressful day at Moffitt. I highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very clean and the location is perfect for visiting Busch Gardens or USF. Wish the room rate was a little less, but,overall very happy with our choice to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)? Share your experiences!