I am originally from Tampa and remember when this hotel became a run down Holiday Inn and then became the Milner Hotel which was a spot for drug deals. But I will say the Quality Inn did some very nice renovations. You would never known its past. It is very difficult to get to. I would suggest calling and asking directions first. The road patterns have changed recently so even a GPS can get confused. The area is very rough, but the way the hotel is situated you really do not know how bad it is. The rooms still have a new feel. The beds were comfortable. It was amazing how scarred up some of the walls were already with it being so new. It does seem to be a spot for many of the constructions workers/truck drivers and they were hanging out in the lobby area often.
The days I was there they had no wireless in the rooms, the elevators did not work and the fire alarms were covered and told you to call 911. I was told they were hit by lightning. They had people there working but they seemed to be having a problem getting it fixed. The pool area is new and probably the biggest disappointment. You felt you were surrounded by weeds ( they weren't just poor choice of landscaping ), but the pool was not clean at all. I got in and did not stay long. I was going to stay longer, but the front desk staff was pleasant and understanding when I told them I was leaving. I ended up getting the Wyndam Westshore on Priceline for the same price. If you are looking for a clean hotel to sleep in near the Fairgrounds or Ybor this is definitely not a bad place at this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Tampa hotel near Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Tampa's business district, the brand new Quality Inn & Suites is minutes away from the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds and the Port of Tampa. This Tampa, FL hotel is also close to popular attractions and venues like Ybor City, St. Pete Times Forum, the Tampa Convention Center, Raymond James Stadium and Busch Gardens theme park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel Tampa
- Quality Inn And Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
- Quality Inn Tampa