“Excellent customer service/ value.” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4955 East 18th Avenue, Tampa, FL 33605   |
Offers & Announcements
STAY PARK & CRUISE
Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Excellent customer service/ value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The rooms are clean and well kept. Hotel is right next to the express way. Which is very convenient. There's a gas station next door to it which is good too. In all honesty it is not in the best neighborhood . But the hotel itself is away from the residential areas and I had no issues with the locals while going to the gas station etc. The thing that stood out the most was the helpful and friendly staff. They were able to accommodate all my needs with a smile. Especially the night shift person Donna. A plus customer service from her. Will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Trav,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review and complementing our great staff. We can't wait to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family and I just recently stayed at this property the past week. Once on Wednesday and then again on Friday. Room 137 and room 138. Very comfortable 2 double beds in 137 and 2 queens in 138. Now for my experience. The family had to stay here do to an issue at the place were we stay. Very comfortable beds. I slept great both times. Bobby the manager was very nice and helped me out. The whole staff was great actually. They made us feel at home. Now the only negatives I can think about is the shower pressure is not very strong but the water is hot enough. The wifi worked fine except on our last day before we checked out. I was told they were having problems when I called the front desk. Also several channels were out due to a storm I was told. Other than that everything else was fine. Now something that caught my eye before I checked in on Wednesday well, one I got the room for $49 with a travelers coupon and these are good Sunday thru Thursday. I got 20% coupon when I checked out and then used it on Friday so I only paid $56 on Friday before tax. Anyway, on Wednesday nights they have a reception where they serve hotdogs and chips and nuts and pretzels(those were stale and I should have let them know it. Not the nuts. The hotdogs were good. Free beer, red and white wine, soda, juice for the kids and bottled water, bagels, and some donuts that they use for breakfast in the morning. Now breakfast was good as well. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage gravy, bagels, make your own waffles(bad syrup)(my kids didn't like it. my wife said it didn't taste too good.)Bagels, toast, donuts, muffins and some fruit as well, and cereal too. Good coffee and good juice(orange, apple)as well. Also they have a nice pool that my kids and I went in to swim on Wednesday night. Their isn't any grocery stores nearby. Walmart is in Brandon off of Interstate 75 which is exit 9 off of I-4 head south on 75. Now just so you know they don't have microwaves in the rooms which is a small draw back but they have no real place in the room to eat. They do have coffee makers and small mini refrigerators. You can use the one in the breakfast room to heat up your food and that is what we did on Friday night to save money. Their are other places to eat. Just go out to the main road and go under I-4 and you will find them their. Overall a pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this place and would stay again and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Now if you're looking for 5 stay quality stay elsewhere. Some people are too picky about the lit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our pricing, our comfortable beds, out social hour, and our 2nd to none manager Bobby! We are so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and hope the next time you are in the area we see you!
Sevilla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here for a night based on the TA reviews and we were not disappointed. The hotel is meticulously well-kept with nicely-appointed rooms and a US-style motel breakfast that is way above average. This hotel is likely much nicer than other hotels in Tampa that charge quite a bit more. The staff, as everyone mentions, are also very pleasant and helpful. 5-stars based on what one would expect for a hotel in this price range (and this is definitely the nicest Quality Inn we've ever stayed at). In terms of the somewhat tricky approach (our GPS was useless), if approaching from southbound Route 583 (N 50th St), turn right on Route 41 (Melbourne Ave) and then make a quick left on to N 49th St.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bobby G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. Here at the Quality Inn we pride ourselves in providing excellent service and a great property. Your review will be shared with our staff. This review will serve as motivation for my staff to continue there hard work. On behalf of my entire staff thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed here almost everytime we stay in Tampa. This hotel has a great location between the Hard Rock casino and Ybor City. The hotel is always clean, quiet and has wonderful customer service. They also include a hot breakfast which makes it well worth the stay.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in have granite counter tops and granite showers, great plus to a nice room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bobby G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
On behalf of my entire staff here at the Quality Inn I would like to thank you for your great review. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Oviedo, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights on a business trip. Apparently there were issues with payment through a company account - which I have no control over - and the desk staff chose to take it out on me and my coworkers. We explained that they would have to call the corporate travel agent with the phone number on the reservation but the staff insisted on taking our ID's and even demanded a credit card. I have never had to present a credit card before at any hotel. Obviously they do not have many corporate travellers. It made our stay awkward and uncomfortable when it really was out of our control. The hotel did eventually get paid, of course, as I had assured them from the beginning. Breakfast was also horrible with chewy waffles and no eggs. No whole milk for coffee - only little halfnhalf packets. I have stayed at Quality Inn before and this was my worst experience yet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bobby G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, also let me apologize for all the inconveniences you went through. It is our policy to ensure that all our guests are taken care of promptly. In this specific instance that is what my front desk supervisor did. She got you into a room even though there was no payment done or credit card authorization on file. So to have you wait in the lobby till this is done would be very inconvenient. So we ask our guests to provide I.D and Credit card so we may get you into your room while we deal with the travel agency, third party suppliers, or even your company. This is not done in a demand fashion it is in place to get the guest checked in faster without all the red tape so to say. We do not charge or place any hold on the guests card. This is just a backup form of payment on file. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience it is procedure at the front desk to do this. Also your inconvenience at breakfast is of high concern to me. I cannot repeat enough that I am sorry. I have a breakfast attendant specifically for breakfast to cater to all my guests needs. I did not see you mention that you spoke to them about breakfast. I'm sure he/she would have supplied you with any items missing at the time. I want to assure you that we deal with countless corporate guests and we pride ourselves in customer service and all our traveler's needs. Please accept my apology and we would love to see you return in the near future and thank you again for staying with us and posting your review. If I can be of any further assistance to you feel free to contact me directly .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

So easy to get to all the places we wanted to go. Pool area was great and rooms were clean. Great value! The management was friendly and made sure our experience was great. The lobby has everything you need including yummy coffee anytime you want and access to kitchen appliances. Best place i have stayed in a long time!

• Stayed August 2013
Bobby G, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for such a good review. We at the Quality Inn love to read our guests reviews. Our guests words and experiences are what motivate our staff to strive harder every day. On behalf of my entire staff I would like to thank you again for your visit and review.
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to see Black Sabbath concert and this hotel was AWESOME!!!!! from the front desk staff to the girls the next morning at breakfast!! and the rooms were VERY CLEAN! updated bathroom and did i mention VERY CLEAN!!! had the PERFECT stay there and look forward to returning!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The Quality Inn strives daily to maintain a very clean property. We also enjoy to receive such great reviews like yours. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the Black Sabbath concert. See you for the next concert. On behalf of my entire staff I would like to thank you again for your visit and review.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City? Share your experiences!