By most metrics this would be a four- or five-star rated stay. Very reasonable price for what you get, which includes a reasonably clean room, Wi-Fi, and breakfast. Yet, for most of the time my experience fluctuated between three and four stars, and a bogus tax-like surcharge specific to this location leads me to want to rate it two stars. Hear me out.
The front desk personnel was friendly, and I got a room with two queens for one person. But when I first walked in I thought the room smelled musty, and there were a couple of spots on the carpet I didn't particularly want to step on. The Wi-Fi was sporadically slow, and my trouble sleeping came not from noise from the adjacent highway, but from someone snoring loudly in the room I wish I hadn't shared one of those weird inter-room doors with. I tried to get the A/C unit to cancel him out, but I couldn't find a way to make it stay on permanently beyond making the room excessively cold.
The breakfast was solid, with yogurt and a few hot items. Sadly, the juice machine was on the fritz and I couldn't even get water from it.
What really peeved me off -- something I just discovered upon leaving -- was something the hotel might deem trivial: an additional, non-optional $1.00 nightly fee they charge to maintain the plants you won't even notice in your room. Really?!? I consider that nickel-and-diming, and it was not at all appreciated.
The hotel is difficult to navigate to coming from certain directions. The street patterns are very odd at this location. It can also be a bizarre experience trying to navigate from one building to the other. You'll likely have to go through the pool area.
I thought this stay was average, and I would likely not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Tampa hotel near Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Tampa's business district, the brand new Quality Inn & Suites is minutes away from the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds and the Port of Tampa. This Tampa, FL hotel is also close to popular attractions and venues like Ybor City, St. Pete Times Forum, the Tampa Convention Center, Raymond James Stadium and Busch Gardens theme park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel Tampa
- Quality Inn Tampa