“best value in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #14 of 159 hotels in Tampa
palm harbor
“best value in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Since i live in Tampa, I dont normally stay in hotels, i just make my way home. This past weekend my wife and I needed a date night so we decided to go the Florida State Fair. Afterwords we decided to go to Ybor and make a night of it. Let me tell you I picked the perfect hotel for our staycation as its called. The quality inn made sure we have a shuttle ride not only to the fair but also to Ybor City. The only bad part is that we had to take a taxi back at 3am. other than that the rooms were extremely clean, and the beds were comfortable. I was surprised and pleasantly happy with this hotel. If i have to stay in the area again i will defintly stay here.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem to be upgraded, but ask for something in the middle of the hallways so you dont h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

What an amazing hotel for the price! The rooms are big and clean, it made me feel like I was royalty.. The staff is amazing, very helpful and willing to go the extra mile. They have shuttle service that can take you just about anywhere. If your looking for a great place you have found it!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bobby G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Royalty is how we strive to make all our guests feel when they stay with us. I am very excited to hear that we met that goal with you. Quality is a very important word on our property. All our dept heads instill that word into all our staff members.
We are glad that we had the ooportunity to make your visit to Tampa memorable. We also look forward to seeing you again. On behalf of our entire staff and GM, thank you for your visit and review.
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's obvious that the hotel has been recently renovated. The bathroom is outfitted with granite, including the shower, which also, by the way, has a great shower head. The carpets in the rooms and in the hallways are new and attractive. The bed was great, but the pillows are small and a little worn.

Breakfast was spartan with funky cereal dispensers and microscopic bowls. But it was completely acceptable, especially considering the price of the rooms.

Internet access worked fine.

We will stay again for two weeks in April.

(Note: I clicked room service below by mistake and cannot figure out how to unclick it.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Due to your review we have now looked into larger cereal bowls, and replacing our cereal dispnsers. Thats why we appreciate our guests reviews. It is what helps us grow and better our property. I am also glad that you enjoyed our bathrooms, this year we have prided ourselves on the Q shower program. This program has added great shower heads to all our rooms bringing guests Quality service in all aspects on our property.
We look forward to seeing you in April for your next visit. Also thank you in advance for you next visit and your last one as well.
Chipley, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Fairgrounds for the RV Show. When I called to make the reservation, I was assisted with the utmost professionalism. Donna was friendly, helpful and went out of her way to accommodate our needs. She also checked us in, and exhibited the same qualities in person.

The rooms are spacious, clean and recently updated. We had a room right next to the staircase, so had some noise during normal "traffic" hours. Next time we would ask to be further away from the stairs/elevator.

The breakfast is fresh and has a great variety of typical breakfast foods. There is a staff member there during the entire breakfast period to replenish food and to clean. They also catered to everyone's needs willingly and with a smile.

A clean room can be found in any number of hotels. Go here for the staff and the attention to detail. That is what makes this hotel a winner!

Great Job!

Room Tip: stay away from the stairs!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We also agree with you, that a clean room can be found at just any hotel. Here we try to make every guest feel like family. We pride ourselves in customer service. Donna ou front desk supervisor tarins all our agents the sames. Here at the Quality inn we truly take the word Quality to all levels. Our pricing is always at an affordable rate for all types of travelers.
On behalf of our GM and our entire staff we want to thank you for your review and your stay at our property.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here the night before embarking from the Tampa cruise terminal. The hotel is very nice--clean, spacious, and up-to-date. They were very generous with their hotel shuttle: they took us to Ybor City and back for dining and shopping whenever we wanted, and then to the terminal the next day (for a reasonable $10). The driver and hotel handyman, Jerry, is a really sweet guy, and the hotel clerk Neema couldn't have been nicer. The location was perfect for our needs and we were very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to be your pre cruise destination. We have strived on our property to become one of the best Stay Park and Cruise location. On behalf of my staff including my shuttle drivers who work non stop to get everyone to and from the ports safely and on a timely manner, thank you. We look forward to seeing you on your next cruise, or even your next visit to the Tampa area.
Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This used to be the crown jewel of the Quality Inn franchise. Every year we stay for a convention and this, our 3rd year was terrible. The hotel is not aging well which is a clear sign of neglect. Carpets were filthy, our sheets were not changed in 4 nights and one day we didn't even have our room serviced.

Breakfast was absurd. Terrible food and not well stocked. This is a complete 180 from our prior 2 stays. We will not be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
After reviewing your review with my staff I felt it prudent to respond. First off I would like to apologize for any inconviences you had at our property. We have not only have done many upgrades to our property, but have also made customer service a priority. We have repainted all our rooms and have also created a green program to add to asthetics to the property.
Unfortunately the previuos owners provided cranberry juice to guests at breakfast which in turn has left our property with sevearl unremovable stains in our carpets. Which currently are being repaired.
Breakfast issues thanks to your review have been addressed and we are now working towards making it better than it has ever been. About your housekeeping issues, I apologize for the misundertsanding, housekeeping is also a priority and it was a misunderstanding and computer error that caused your housekeeping issues.
I ask that you come visit us again and allow me to show you that we not only are the crown of the Quality Inn franchise as you put it, but rather that we have even surpassed that title. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property so I can arrange another visit so you can enjoy all we have to offer.
Thank you for your review. Reviews good or bad are what allows us to continue to perfect our product.
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here 9 days while my daughter showed in the Gulf Coast horse show at the Fairgrounds. Location was very convenient, and the price was right. On my last day, the manager even let me book the shuttle for a ride to the airport, which they don't normally provide. The cost was cheaper than a cab ride. Everyone I dealt with was extremely nice and helpful, even allowing me a late checkout on my last day with no extra charge; they also provided a voucher for next year at the same time with excellent room prices. This is a place I will use again.

Room Tip: First floor toward the back is convenient to parking and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. This means a great deal to our staff and myself. We pride our selves in great service and quality customer care. It was my pleasure to accomadate your need for a ride to the airport. We look forward to seeing you next year. We also tahnk you for being part of our growing family here at the Quality Inn. On behalf of myself, and our GM thank you for your review, and we are glad you had a great stay.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City? Share your experiences!