“Tremendous value for the $” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Chipley, FL
“Tremendous value for the $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Fairgrounds for the RV Show. When I called to make the reservation, I was assisted with the utmost professionalism. Donna was friendly, helpful and went out of her way to accommodate our needs. She also checked us in, and exhibited the same qualities in person.

The rooms are spacious, clean and recently updated. We had a room right next to the staircase, so had some noise during normal "traffic" hours. Next time we would ask to be further away from the stairs/elevator.

The breakfast is fresh and has a great variety of typical breakfast foods. There is a staff member there during the entire breakfast period to replenish food and to clean. They also catered to everyone's needs willingly and with a smile.

A clean room can be found in any number of hotels. Go here for the staff and the attention to detail. That is what makes this hotel a winner!

Great Job!

Room Tip: stay away from the stairs!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bobby G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We also agree with you, that a clean room can be found at just any hotel. Here we try to make every guest feel like family. We pride ourselves in customer service. Donna ou front desk supervisor tarins all our agents the sames. Here at the Quality inn we truly take the word Quality to all levels. Our pricing is always at an affordable rate for all types of travelers.
On behalf of our GM and our entire staff we want to thank you for your review and your stay at our property.

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here the night before embarking from the Tampa cruise terminal. The hotel is very nice--clean, spacious, and up-to-date. They were very generous with their hotel shuttle: they took us to Ybor City and back for dining and shopping whenever we wanted, and then to the terminal the next day (for a reasonable $10). The driver and hotel handyman, Jerry, is a really sweet guy, and the hotel clerk Neema couldn't have been nicer. The location was perfect for our needs and we were very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us to be your pre cruise destination. We have strived on our property to become one of the best Stay Park and Cruise location. On behalf of my staff including my shuttle drivers who work non stop to get everyone to and from the ports safely and on a timely manner, thank you. We look forward to seeing you on your next cruise, or even your next visit to the Tampa area.
Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This used to be the crown jewel of the Quality Inn franchise. Every year we stay for a convention and this, our 3rd year was terrible. The hotel is not aging well which is a clear sign of neglect. Carpets were filthy, our sheets were not changed in 4 nights and one day we didn't even have our room serviced.

Breakfast was absurd. Terrible food and not well stocked. This is a complete 180 from our prior 2 stays. We will not be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
After reviewing your review with my staff I felt it prudent to respond. First off I would like to apologize for any inconviences you had at our property. We have not only have done many upgrades to our property, but have also made customer service a priority. We have repainted all our rooms and have also created a green program to add to asthetics to the property.
Unfortunately the previuos owners provided cranberry juice to guests at breakfast which in turn has left our property with sevearl unremovable stains in our carpets. Which currently are being repaired.
Breakfast issues thanks to your review have been addressed and we are now working towards making it better than it has ever been. About your housekeeping issues, I apologize for the misundertsanding, housekeeping is also a priority and it was a misunderstanding and computer error that caused your housekeeping issues.
I ask that you come visit us again and allow me to show you that we not only are the crown of the Quality Inn franchise as you put it, but rather that we have even surpassed that title. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property so I can arrange another visit so you can enjoy all we have to offer.
Thank you for your review. Reviews good or bad are what allows us to continue to perfect our product.
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here 9 days while my daughter showed in the Gulf Coast horse show at the Fairgrounds. Location was very convenient, and the price was right. On my last day, the manager even let me book the shuttle for a ride to the airport, which they don't normally provide. The cost was cheaper than a cab ride. Everyone I dealt with was extremely nice and helpful, even allowing me a late checkout on my last day with no extra charge; they also provided a voucher for next year at the same time with excellent room prices. This is a place I will use again.

Room Tip: First floor toward the back is convenient to parking and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. This means a great deal to our staff and myself. We pride our selves in great service and quality customer care. It was my pleasure to accomadate your need for a ride to the airport. We look forward to seeing you next year. We also tahnk you for being part of our growing family here at the Quality Inn. On behalf of myself, and our GM thank you for your review, and we are glad you had a great stay.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for the Tampa Am. This was the first hotel we tried to get a room at and we had a strict price range. They lady behind the counter gave us our total but it was out of our price range once we told her that she worked with us until we were able to get the price down to what we could manage.

We had driven 13 hours through the night and were very tired when we arrived at 9am and they allowed us to go into our room then so we could rest.

The room itself was large, clean and modern. The room had 2 beds and enough room to blow up a queen sized air mattress on the floor. Also has a decent sized HD TV that we hooked a laptop up too to watch netflix. Also the walls were thick enough so you couldn't hear too much from outside your room

The free breakfast had a good selection including waffles, muffins, toast, fruit, biscuits/gravy, oatmeal, and more. Also it's was a quick and easy drive to Ybor which has a lot of very good restaurants.

Next year I will defiantly be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bobby G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It was our pleasure to have you here at our property. We have worked close with the Skate Park of Tampa for many years. It is great to be so conviently close to the skate park and Ybor as you said. On behalf of our GM and all our staff, thank you for your kind words and we as well look forward to seeing you for next years Pro Am. Happy Holidays
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here recently on an extended weekend trip to the Magic Kingdom and Busch Gardens. We did not arrive to check in until 2am. The doors are all locked by then and you either need a key or to have the front desk let you in. There was someone at the front desk to let us in right away and checkin was quick and easy.

The room and furniture definitely shows its age, but was otherwise clean and neat. We got a great deal on a two room suite that was actually what appears to have previously been two separate hotel rooms with a connecting door. They have turned one of the rooms into a "living" area with couch and coffee table instead of beds, but it does result in the great benefit of having two bathrooms! The great rate, good reviews, and two bathrooms were the major driving factors for booking here and I would definitely return again in the future for those same reasons. The pull-out couch in our room was in major need of replacement and the linens (sheets, towels, etc.) could use replacement soon as well. Nothing seemed "dirty," just aged a little too much to feel totally comfortable. If the hotel took care of the aging furniture, linens, and rooms, I would easily give it 5 "circles" instead of 4.

Staff was always very friendly and offered to bring things to the room when I would call and ask if they had this or that (I always just walked to pick it up myself though, but it was nice they offered). The breakfast was standard for Quality Inn/Suites with the usual packaged pastries, cereals, juice, bananas, waffles, etc.... The location was really good for a combined Disney and Busch Gardens trip. The immediate neighborhood does not seem great, but I never felt concerned for our safety or anything like that. Also, Ybor City is very close and there you can find a ton of restaurants, shopping, and night spots. It would be nice if the hotel had better signage to lead guests in as it is on an almost unnoticeable road that is very easy to miss (even though you can easily see the hotel, figuring out how to drive into it can be challenging).

Overall a great stay and I would definitely check here first for my next visit to the area, especially given the availability of a suite with two bathrooms, which can be difficult to find without paying a fortune.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bobby G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am also thankful for the review with great detail. We are currently going through the process of upadting all the things you mentioned above. I am glad that are staff took care of all your needs. As for all the doors being locked, it is our priority that guset feel safe at all time, we are the only indoor accessible hotel in the area, and as you said the front desk clerk is there 24 hours a day to readily service our guests.

Our suites are spaciuos as you stated and the extra bathroom always is a winner. We look forward to seeing you again soon and once again on behalf of myself, our GM and the entire staff have a Happy Holiday.. Thank you once again for choosing our property for you lodging need, and for the great review the review.
topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have to say that the Quality Inn in Ybor City went all out for us. We had a group of 12 going on a cruise that left Tampa Bay. We stayed there the the night before. Rooms were very nice ans clean, the pool was clean and looked very nice. The hot breakfast was nice and the staff was great. The only thing wrong was when we made reservations three months in advance the person did not tell us they had a shuttle. No road noise or loud guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bobby G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I am very happy to hear that our staff took care of all your needs. It is important to us that when traveling in large groups, every detail is met. Thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. On behalf of my GM and the entire staff have a great holiday, and please come again.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City? Share your experiences!