“"Value for the money"” 5 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“"Value for the money"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed at quality inn before this one is up on my list, staff was great, rooms were clean and had everything you need for a stay.. I called few hotels but some had bad reviews and other were very pricey this one fit my budget but was surprise when I checked in this place is worth lot more than what they charge, they said they were promoting the business as it was bought by new owners recently, I seriously think you should give this hotel a chance if you are in that area looking for room...

• Stayed October 2012

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
DELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stood here before and from the first visit till this visit it has been consistent with the greatest customer service. The staff is great from the front door to the housekeeping staff. The breakfast is great and the room clean I no matter where I going in Tampa this hotel would be the hotel I stay at and will continue.

Room Tip: just book a stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

By chance I had to visit Fl and I happened to book my reservations through a friends recommendations as I never knew any body there. To my surprise I found that the experience at the hotel was just overwhelming and it was my best experience so far. I have visited so many hotels but none like this one. I would recommend this to all my colleagues and would visit again when I come back to Fl

Room Tip: rooms are too spacious so doesn't matter which one you choose.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We were in town for a football weekend and our stay was excellent. We selected this hotel because of the TripAdvisor ratings and it certainly lived up to expectations. Clean rooms and friendly staff including Bobby at the front desk who shuttled us to Raymond James in the company van (brand new) at a fare significantly less than the going cab rates. We'll definitely stay again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Okay. So last week I visited Tampa Fl on a short notice business trip and I happened to stay in Quality Inn & Suites near Fairground Tampa since I did not book my usual hotel in advance this time. I had to book my room last minute and I was concerned about what I was getting considering the lower price vs. some of the other hotels. But I must say great updated rooms - for a great value and I was pleasantly surprised what I got for what I paid!The hotel staff were very friendly and kind. The rooms, hotel, pool, were clean. I felt safe, at home, and welcome. My neighbors were kind and courteous. The dining area/restaurant was welcoming and comfortable. I had a wonderful conversation over breakfast and didn't feel crowded or rushed. I visit Tampa often. Next time I will visit Tampa I am definitely staying there.

Murdock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Compared to my last Choice Hotel, this was much better and more like the normal Choice Hotel stay. The night clerk was nice. It did not seemed to be in the best of neighborhoods, but was well lit in the front and had a security guard. The side of the building could stand for some better lighting though. It really felt like a new hotel, but apparently was renovated about two years ago, and a new owner just purchased it and is renovating again. For what I consider a "lower" quality hotel chain (not meant as derogatory statement) this was a fantastic remodel. Usually the lower end hotels have poor remodels with obvious patches, warped walls, cracks, etc, but nothing like that here!
The breakfast was the usual Choice Hotels standard waffles, biscuits & gravy, juice, fruits, etc. The daytime and check-out staff was even better than the night and really perky (and I AM NOT perky in the morning) and pleasant.
From what I could see, it was very clean and well maintained. One note though, I am not sensitive to smells, but there was a strong smell in the hallway, not sure what it was but think it was cleaning products smell upon arrival, but when leaving I did not smell it. I know my wife is sensitive to strong smells, and had she been with me, I think she would have had some troubles with the strength of the smell.
One last thing, it was in a odd location that I think without a GPS, many would struggle to get in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the one main road just behind the hotel to reduce noise
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

and when I say noisy I don't mean the washer or whatever...but the hallways. Even if you whisper in the hallway the room you are by can hear every word you say. The doors just don't block anything.

The rooms are VERY clean. Now the staff is awesome! Not just good. Housekeepers, front desk....

But you can tell when the owners are there. They stand over the smiling front desk staff and scowl. They make the place not very friendly feeling. If they did not have the front desk staff I would have given the place a "0".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City? Share your experiences!