I was going on a cruise Labor Day weekend and the Republican National Convention was in town at the same time (ugh, what a nightmare). We could not find a hotel to save our lives. We booked at some hole in clearwater for $175 with no shuttle service or anything to the port. Fast forward to a week before the cruise and Hurricane Isaac changed our luck :) This hotel suddenly had a couple empty rooms and honored their cruise and park specials. It's a newer hotel, hard to find as GPS tells you to travel south on 41 when you want to go north off of I4. Remember you want to turn at the SHell station at 41 and Melbourne then turn left right behind the Shell where you'll see crappy Days Inn...just keep going down that road and you'll see Quality Inn around the bend.
The staff was VERY friendly (Hi Bobby...helped me with directions), rooms were very clean and the hotel is newer. We were able to park 2 cars there. The shuttle to the port was great (I need to leave a review for the man that owned the service. He was a gem). and pickup after the cruise was quick and painless.
I'd highly recommend staying here if you have a special event and just need a place to sleep. I didn't give it 5 stars as there is no where to walk to eat and the 'hood isn't the best. Oh, my friends said the pool was nice, but the music was a pain as we could hear it in our room and we were trying to rest. But eventually you don't notice it.
I'm sure normal prices are more reasonable, but we did pay much more due to the convention. but it was worth it as there was NO WHERE ELSE TO STAY in that city. The breakfast was your usual carby fair LOL, but at least you can get something before heading out.
There is a food service that is mostly Italian food that will deliver room service. We just ordered pizza and it was pretty good (says the girl originally from Chicago...I don't say that easily). LOL
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel Tampa
- Quality Inn And Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel
- Quality Inn Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Tampa hotel near Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Tampa's business district, the brand new Quality Inn & Suites is minutes away from the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds and the Port of Tampa. This Tampa, FL hotel is also close to popular attractions and venues like Ybor City, St. Pete Times Forum, the Tampa Convention Center, Raymond James Stadium and Busch Gardens theme park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.