“A Close "second" to being "HOME"!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #15 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Florida
“A Close "second" to being "HOME"!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

On a recent weekend, I reserved this hotel, because of it's proximity to the Florida Fairgrounds, where a "Train Show" was going on, that we attended. I frequent Marriott chains as much as possible, because I know their quality and have never stayed in a Residence Inn before, so we gave it a try, and the price was very reasonable, on our "senior" rate! This hotel was TOP NOTCH in all aspects, from the friendly desk clerks, to the breakfast hostess, and the maids. It was a lovely room, (or suite), with a full kitchen, separate bedroom and bath, desk and sofa/chair.....almost like a small apartment!! We felt very comfortable in this room, on 2nd floor, which had large windows, too. They provided everything you need, for an "extended" stay, (all though we only spent 1 night---I could have stayed longer, it was so comfy!). They had cookies and lemonade in the foyer, in the afternoons, and on arrival to our room, a personalized letter welcoming us to Residence Inn, with a bag of 2 cookies. Next morning, we went down to the complimentary breakfast, which was an "expanded breakfast" type --- all you could possibly want, eggs, hash browns, biscuits, assortment of breads, juices, waffle machines, with several toppings, as well as syrups. Our whole experience was a great one, with everything being clean and fresh linens, etc......and "no bedbugs!".....ha...As so many news reports are telling us to watch for "bedbugs"!!....I did do a "check" and found everything clean and no evidence of that!! I might add I have never found ANY Marriott properties to be anything but friendly, clean and comfortable, and everything working and funtional. I'll stay here again and highly recommend this one!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

This was a last minute stop. The desk clerk and rest of the hotel staff were very friendly. The Suite was very neat and clean. Small TV and smalll pillows but the comfort and cleanlinest made up for anything lacking. Basic hot breakfast and it's free breakfast and the staff was very warm and friendly. Free internet also.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I had the opportunity to stay the Residence Inn - Sabal Park recently on business. I traveled with several of my co-workers and this hotel was selected due to the close proximity to our new business location.
We spent most of our week long trip working long hours. Our time 'relaxing' was actually spent at the hotel in the evenings and early mornings.
I can say the hotel staff was very friendly and attentive; the breakfast buffet was perfect; and the jacuzzi was very, very nice after a particularly long day.
Overall, I would stay at this location again on both business and pleasure.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed here for three nights when our daughter graduated from USF earlier this month, We could not have asked for anything else to make our stay as wonderful as it was. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable with all the amenities you could possibly need. The breakfast was delicious ( eggs, waffles, cereal-hot and cold, fruit, potatos, sausage etc) There was a small work out room that was nice, free internet service, pool and whirlpool, etc.
The hotel was close to everything we needed and wanted including the university, restaurants and shopping.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

An easy 9 miles to downtown Tampa. The staff, from front desk to cleaning crew, were friendly and very helpful. The rooms and grounds were clean and inviting. Would highly recommend anyone looking to stay in the Tampa area to consider this wonderful Residence Inn.

• Liked — Customer service was excellent
  • Disliked — Surrounded by industrial park
  • Stayed April 2008
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

We stayed here for almost a month last summer during a job relocation from the Atlanta area. Our motley crew consisted of mom, dad, teenager, dog, pet frogs and fish.

This hotel could not have been better suited to our needs, unless the rooms were soundproofed. If you had quiet neighbors it was great; if they were noisy you heard them, if you know what I mean.

Housekeeping was dependable and efficient, and the complimentary morning breakfast buffet was better than most. We had a two-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The beds were comfy with lots of pillows provided. I cooked many meals in and had the utensils and pots and pans necessary to do it. The laundry room was fine and I never had to wait for a machine. The lobby was comfortable and I used the internet service provided there. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the breakfast attendant. I also used the gym, which was small but adequate. I didn't use the pool but saw folks enjoying it. My teenager often went to the lobby at night to pick up some fresh-baked cookies. This was a small thing, but it was nice. This hotel also has a cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres. We never got there, but it sure looked busy some nights when I passed.

I spoke with someone else staying there who was in a similar relocation situation and she said the staff walked her dog a few times a day while she was at work!

If you are moving to Tampa and need temporary lodging, this is really a good choice. I would also recommend it for a short stay.

• Liked — Comfortable suite for a family with pets
  • Disliked — Paper-thin walls
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

Stayed here for one night last week and was very happy! Got in around midnight after driving from Orlando but had a very nice guy check us in (he also got some ice from the kitchen for me-there are no ice machines because the rooms have refrigerators but there was no ice made in the freezer)-room was a 1 bedroom suite with one queen bed and a sleeper sofa in living room area. Small kitchen with frig, dishwasher and stove top (no oven). The next morning I encountered the friendliest breakfast attendant ever-I think her name was Josephine. She immediately greeted me and offered to get my drinks and kept checking back to see if I needed anything. She was so friendly to everyone! I'd go back just because of her! The breakfast set up was smaller than some RI's I've stayed in but still very ample (make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, doughnuts, muffins). Would definitely stay here again! The area is rather isolated (but safe) but right off I75-but I never saw any restaurants.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!