“Spacious rooms but small queen size beds” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Aruba
“Spacious rooms but small queen size beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived earlier than the check-in time and were accommodated by the front desk clerk in a very nice and spacious studio room. It has a full size kitchen, ample bathroom and large comfortable living room. The bed was to small for two persons. We liked the hot free breakfast and evening snack which is a complete meal by itself. During our stay we had some problems with the internet and the bandwidth.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Any special request contact the manager Suzanne.

Room Tip: Restaurant and room service were marked terrible since there were no other option if it is not avail...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Donicio W,
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for rating us a 5 overall and for sharing your feedback with others on Trip Advisor. It is great that we were able to accommodate your early check-in request and that you were able to enjoy the delicious complimentary breakfast and evening social. I apologize that the queen size bed was too small as this is the largest bed type we have to offer. I hope we will see you again soon when you travel to Tampa.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at residence inn Marriott..the staff was very friendly.I would like to thank James the chef..for the great breakfast he prepared..n for being a grest host all the staff was awesome..thank you guyz for making our stay great..Tampa fl..

• Stayed July 2014
Dear gramzzz,
I love the photo of Chef James! It is wonderful that the staff was awesome and that you enjoyed Chef James breakfast. Thank you for the positive comments and ranking of 5. Guest comments are so important to us and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and photo on Trip Advisor. We look forward to see you again when you travel to Tampa.
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Maybe it' s my fault for not doing more research but I've never stayed in a hotel before that was this poorly sound proofed. The family next door with kids talked to each other at the top of their voices. I had to turn my TV up to drown them out. They were also smokers so besides the kids playing in the hall the adults were constantly going outside so that meant the door slamming over and over again. And the people above me must have been giants because when they walked around, which they did a lot at night, my ceiling shook with the pounding it took.

The positive side is that the suite/room was nice. I was disappointed that housekeeping never vacuumed before or after I arrived. I know they didn't vacuum before because of a lot of little pieces of debris on the floor when I got there. And I purposely left a couple of sizable pieces of that junk where I found it and it was still there when I checked out. I know I could have requested someone vacuum the room but come on isn't that sort why you have a housekeeping crew. They also didn't pick up anything left on the tables that might be considered trash like a paper towel used as a coaster. What that indicates is that they never wiped down the surfaces either. You should see the amount of dust on the phone.
When I checked out I mentioned the noise and the morning clerk, who was exceptionally nice, gave me $30 off my bill which he didn't have to do.
But bottom line, I was disappointed and would not recommend the Residence Inn nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear TomChaz,
I apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay and for the housekeeping issues. I would be disappointed too. I have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff so this will not happen to future guests. I am glad to see that you found the suite to be nice and that the morning clerk was exceptional. I really hope that you will try our hotel again. If you would like to contact me I could assist you in making a reservation for a quieter area of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park.

Estero, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was clean and our room was very nice. Our only complaints were with the other guests (understandably out of the staff's control) and one clerk. The guests in the neighboring room were either very loud or the walls are very thin. We returned to the hotel around 11pm on Saturday to find a domestic dispute unfolding in front of the main entrance. The staff didn't do anything about a group of 4-5 adults screaming profanities to each other across the parking lot. Later I went to purchase some milk from the "market" in the lobby but they didn't have any. I asked the clerk at the desk and she confirmed they didn't sell milk and that was it. She didn't offer to get some from the kitchen or suggest some place I could buy it. I just expected a little more for the price of the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Alex D,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see that you rated us a 5 for location and cleanliness. I apologize that there were disruptive guests during your stay and that the “market” did not have any milk. I agree that the front desk associate should have offered some alternative suggestions on where to purchase milk. Your comments will help us improve and I appreciate the feedback on the service you received. I am happy you liked the room and I hope we will see you again when you travel to the Tampa area.

Uncasville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a week while waiting for our home to be ready after moving across the country. We had dogs and kids, and were unfamiliar with the area. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. James did an excellent job with meal preparation and service with a smile - he made our stay particularly enjoyable. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I needed a pet friendly hotel with great service.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear wajohans1998,
Thank you for the positive review and overall Trip Advisor rating of 5. It is great to see that James stood out and made your stay more enjoyable. He definitely gets it right with service and a smile! We are the perfect hotel for extended stay travelers like you. I am glad you were able to have a relaxing stay with your family plus the dogs. I hope you are settled in and enjoying your new home.
Starke, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stay at this Residence Inn every time I'm in Tampa; whether on business or pleasure. The staff is always accommodating to your needs/concerns. The rooms are very clean and roomy; feels more like home than a motel. James the morning chef is always cheerful and very friendly giving individualized attention to each person; making sure you have what you need at breakfast to give you a great start to the day. Kathleen the PM housekeeper is wonderful as well; both her and James have great customer service skills. The evening appetizer/meal is usually all you need for dinner saving you a trip out to eat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Norma C,
Thank you for being a regular guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. It is truly a pleasure to have you! I am so glad to see that you find us to be the “Best in Brandon”. Our large suites with full size kitchens really do allow you to settle in. I will recognize James and Kathleen for their outstanding customer service skills. Having associates recognized by name is an honor and lets us know we are on track. It is great to see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary evening social served Mon. – Thur. evenings. This is definitely a value when you can skip a meal out or just enjoy a glass of beer or wine. Come back and see us again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

To stay in a hotel one or few days is manageable in most hotels. But to stay few weeks in the same hotel, you need more than just a clean sheet on your bed. You need to feel at home. Well taken care of. These people at this Residence Inn real have both good management and great friendly staff. They have people like Roger with his warm smile. They have good acceptable food and good coffee to feel fresh in the morning. It is a good location close to I-75 and many attractions in the area. I recommend it specially for people who need long stays for business ..etc.
It is great value for the money.

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors with windows to the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Basel H,
Thank you for the positive comments! I have recognized Roger for making an impact on your stay. The Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park is perfect for long term guest like you. The hotel is designed to accommodate extended stay guests. The suites are 50% larger than a regular hotel room and include a kitchen. I agree that the associates here are friendly and make sure guests feel at home. I hope we will see you again soon when you return to Tampa.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!