“Cool morning by the fire” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Cool morning by the fire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Waking up on a cool morning, having coffee while relaxing for a couple of hours by the fire. My daughter is a student and has the pleasure of staying here once a month for 5 days while attending classes. I as a mother worried about her being so far from home and all alone, well she has found a place here that makes her feel right at home. Everyone is pleasing and they truly make you feel like family. James, Colleen and all of the rest have really gone out of their way to help. This is my second time here and I could and would live in one of the mini suites that my daughter lives in once a month. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that looks after my daughter. I think I might have to come with her every month for the next 3 1/2 years.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Janet D,
I appreciate that you took the time to post this outstanding review. It is our pleasure to have you and your daughter as regular guests! Thank you for mentioning James and Colleen – I will recognize them for their helpfulness. I love your profile picture of our fire pit. The weather is turning just right to enjoy it. We look forward to having you here regularly over the next 3 ½ years.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at this same Hotel about 15 times this year. I will not stay at any other hotel. Staff is great and it is in a great location. 2 Thumbs up...... By the way, Breakfast is almost better then home coming. Dinner, what can you say when there is free beer and wine. Lobby is a very good area to unwind after a long day of meetings or work.

Room Tip: I have always liked the top floor rooms. However, I have stayed on each floor and they are all grea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Angelo TPA,
Thank you for being a regular and loyal guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I am glad you have been enjoying our breakfast and social hour. It is our priority that you feel like this is your home away from home. I appreciate your recommendation of the hotel. Come back and see us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a great location just a few miles east of downtown Tampa. Located in a business park it's easy to find and get around to major destinations all over town. The staff was accommodating and always cheerful. Roger at the front desk is incredibly friendly and provided top notch service for every request we made. The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. The complimentary buffet breakfast provided good selections daily and the free happy hours each evening with beer, wine and a variety of appetizers are a huge bonus! Highly recommend this location!

Stayed October 2013
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear acoffman,
I am thrilled that Roger stood out for his service during your stay. Roger truly has the Residence Inn Spirit to Serve. Thank you for the 5 rating and for highly recommending this location – it means so much to us. I agree that our location is great and the complimentary food is a huge bonus. We are looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Tampa.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good for business or travel. Real kitchen, 1- and 2- bedroom suites available. Friendly and helpful staff, modern rooms, and the guests seem to be quiet. Layout means you can often get a first floor room, and/or, park near where you're staying -- much less hassle than dealing with elevators, &tc. I've stayed there several times. A comparable room at the nearby Hard Rock is about 2-3 times the price and noisy.

Room Tip: go for first floor, near parking lot if, like me, you value ease of access.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Ken B,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Sabal Park! I appreciate the overall rating of 5 and positive comments on the staff and rooms. I agree that we are a great bargain with breakfast included and a kitchen en suite – definitely helps to cut costs on eating out. I am so glad you enjoyed your room location and that it worked out to be hassle free for you. Come back and stay with us soon.
Crystal River, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum memeber, and stay in Marriotts around Florida as often as I can, usually just a get-a-way. This hotel in Brandon offered a free dinner, including beer and wine, and the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had. Lots of variety, fresh, hot, and did I mention complimentary. This is not a "resort", it's not priced or advertised as one, It's located in a quiet business park area, just off I-75, and I don't think the competition has ammenities like this for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
HuManatee9,

Thank you so much for being a loyal Platinum Elite Member and staying at Marriott properties and ranking our property 5! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening reception and enjoyed a glass of wine on us! Our guest really enjoy free hot buffet breakfast every day not to mention a daily rotation of the breakfast items, so our guests have a variety. Residence Inn also offers breakfast on the go to keep up with every ones busy schedule. By being so close to a big intersection, I-75 and just 3 miles from the heart of Brandon it makes our location unique. Also by being in a business park travelers are close to work.
Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you in the near future!

Best regards,
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you need to travel and your workplace is nearby, this a great hotel to stay in. The rooms are HUGE and clean and the staff are very friendly. I did not use, but there was a cooktop, microwave and fridge in the room. The area around the hotel is devoid of anything other than regular chains etc...so just beware.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators at end of hallways. Super quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear rogerroy1974,
I am glad you enjoyed the clean room and friendly staff. Our rooms are Suites and definitely much larger than a standard hotel room. Since you did not use your kitchen I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary daily breakfast and evening social (Mon-Thur). While the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park is located in Tampa it is 9 miles from downtown Tampa. I’m a local so when you come back I would be happy to recommend some local spots to try. Hope to see you again soon!
North Clarendon, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed her with Some of my Family, the rooms are very large, very clean and have pretty much everything you could ask for. 2 separate Bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a living room with a wood burning fireplace. Didn't get to use the pool, but the facility looked nice and well kept. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet part of town on the west side of I-75 far enough away to be away from the commercial busyness, yet only a 5 minute drive if you want to eat or shop. The Amphitheater is maybe at the most 5 minutes away and the casino maybe another few minutes. Perfect for getting around because I-75 is very close and so Is access to I-4 and I-4 to I-275. If you plan on going downtown tampa it may take about 15 mins tops during none rush hour times. Will definitely make this home base when I stay in the area for business or pleasure in the not so far future.

Room Tip: Rooms either Face the Front overlooking the pool and parking lot, or back views are backed up to oth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Dan C,
I am so glad you loved your two bedroom suite at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. This room type is very spacious and has the extra feature of the fireplace. I agree that our location is a great place to stay for concerts and the casino. You cannot beat the convenience to I-75, I-275 and I-4. See you again soon when you return to Tampa.
ri.tpasp.gm

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!