“Nice, quiet location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Nice, quiet location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent two weeks at this location while my husband was in a nearby hospital. The staff was very good and it was a nice place to come "home" to at the end of the day. I did eat the evening meal there every night and it was more than adequate. The hotel seemed to be housing several groups for long term which was both good and bad. One group in particular seemed to "take-over" the barbecue area as well as the dining area to the exclusion of other hotel guests. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. The room was clean and fairly quiet due to its location. A nearby room had yapping dogs--the family was there for a month--, but I could turn on the ac and drown them out. I wish hotels would put all pets on the first floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear KatGio,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent travel experience at the Residence Inn Sabal Park. It was a pleasure to have you here while your husband was at the hospital. I am glad you found the hotel nice and quiet with clean rooms. I apologize that a large group took over the barbecue area. I appreciate that information so we can notify groups going forward to be mindful of sharing the barbecue area with all guests. It is great that you got to enjoy our evening social and found it more than adequate. I hope we will see you again at the Residence Inn Sabal Park as we love being your home away from home.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been there for business over the last few months. Starting with Sunday check-in with Kelsey, every person makes the extra effort to look after anything that you need or any adjustment required in your room. Not only can you count on a good breakfast but the evening salad and food has been great on nights when I still had more calls and web meetings to conduct. James helps me to pack a to-go breakfast or snack when I need. Good facilities, peaceful clean rooms, what more can you ask?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Pamela C,
Thank you for the positive review and ranking of 5. I am thrilled that Kelsey and James made the extra effort to make your stay great and that you found the room clean. It is our goal to provide memorable service to our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I hope to see you soon when your business takes you back to the Tampa area.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I arrived late in the evening to a welcoming reception. This hotel has nice, clean suites. Breakfast is fast and good. The dining area is kept clean. The location is near downtown, close to the office parks off I75. I had no problems with insects or hot water as a recent reviewer talked about. I would have no issues returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear MandLinNJ,

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Sabal Park. We appreciate the notes on the evening social, hot breakfast buffet, and that the hotel as a whole was clean and to your liking! I will be sure to share this review with the entire hotel - our staff works diligently to ensure that each and every guest is accommodated and made to feel right at home, which is so important, especially when on such a busy travel schedule! Again, we thank you so much for the feedback and look forward to your future visits.

Our Warmest Regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Kelsie amazing, helpful!!! After driving from Texas, she took care of everything: from our room location coordinating with our UHAUL parking, to incidental toiletries, etc. Would recommend this location to friends and family coming in from out of town. Everything stocked well in the room. Feels like home away from home: very peaceful, family atmosphere. Thankful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear dwellingplace,
Wow! Thanks so much for the 5-Star review; we’re thrilled to hear that your stay with us was so memorable. Our front desk staff is full of superstars and I am excited to share your experience with the hotel team. Kelsie is a true gem and takes wonderful care to ensure that each of our guests have their best experience possible. We would love to continue to be your home away from home, and you can ensure that we will provide top notch service to you and your Texas friends time after time. Until next time!
Best Wishes,
Lena Warme
Assistant General Manager
ri.tpasp.agm@marriott.com
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Love this place! This is the 4th time we have stayed at this hotel and we love it, the breakfest as well as dinner are great! The entire staff from house keeping to front desk are fantastic. Roger, Kelsie and Shawn are great as well as Debra and James! Rooms are clean and cozy as well as the lobby. We will definitley be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear bigmike61,
Thank you so much for recognizing the staff by name at the Residence Inn Sabal Park! This means so much to us. I am pleased that you have been able to stay 4 times with us. It is our goal to have a clean, cozy and homelike hotel so that our guests can just relax. I appreciate the overall 5 rating. Come back soon to see Roger, Kelsie, Shawn, Debra and James and to eat the delicious breakfast!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Coming towards the end of my stay here after 2 months because of work and have nothing but good things to say about this place. I've been staying at all the fancy marriot chains up and down the states but this is my favorite - it's nothing fancy but staff are wonderful and rooms spotless. I've been so comfortable I've not missed home! A true tribute to all the staff at the Residence Inn - a great family. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Alex Y,
Thank you for being a loyal long term guest with us. I am pleased that you found us to be your home away from home while working in Tampa. I appreciate your overall 5 rating. Come back and stay with us again when your travels take you to Tampa.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Platinum member of Marriott rewards, so I know many Marriott hotels in USA. I can guarantee this is the worst. I've complained 4 times regarding the A/C and nothing happened. I had bugs (cockroaches) in my room, many of them and they only made something after I started collecting them using glasses. Additionally I stood 2 full days without hot water. This hotel is terrible, there's a Fairfield neaby and a Courtyard. Don't book this hotel, that's my advice.

• Stayed July 2013
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear sohvei,
Thank you for being a loyal Platinum Marriott Rewards guest. I apologize for the hot water and pest issue you encountered during your stay. This is not typical for our hotel and will be corrected immediately. Please contact me directly with details so I can assist you and restore your confidence in the Residence Inn Sabal Park. Your satisfaction is very important to me and I hope you will stay with us again when you return to the Tampa area.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!