“Great group of people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great group of people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been there for business over the last few months. Starting with Sunday check-in with Kelsey, every person makes the extra effort to look after anything that you need or any adjustment required in your room. Not only can you count on a good breakfast but the evening salad and food has been great on nights when I still had more calls and web meetings to conduct. James helps me to pack a to-go breakfast or snack when I need. Good facilities, peaceful clean rooms, what more can you ask?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Pamela C,
Thank you for the positive review and ranking of 5. I am thrilled that Kelsey and James made the extra effort to make your stay great and that you found the room clean. It is our goal to provide memorable service to our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I hope to see you soon when your business takes you back to the Tampa area.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I arrived late in the evening to a welcoming reception. This hotel has nice, clean suites. Breakfast is fast and good. The dining area is kept clean. The location is near downtown, close to the office parks off I75. I had no problems with insects or hot water as a recent reviewer talked about. I would have no issues returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear MandLinNJ,

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Sabal Park. We appreciate the notes on the evening social, hot breakfast buffet, and that the hotel as a whole was clean and to your liking! I will be sure to share this review with the entire hotel - our staff works diligently to ensure that each and every guest is accommodated and made to feel right at home, which is so important, especially when on such a busy travel schedule! Again, we thank you so much for the feedback and look forward to your future visits.

Our Warmest Regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Kelsie amazing, helpful!!! After driving from Texas, she took care of everything: from our room location coordinating with our UHAUL parking, to incidental toiletries, etc. Would recommend this location to friends and family coming in from out of town. Everything stocked well in the room. Feels like home away from home: very peaceful, family atmosphere. Thankful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear dwellingplace,
Wow! Thanks so much for the 5-Star review; we’re thrilled to hear that your stay with us was so memorable. Our front desk staff is full of superstars and I am excited to share your experience with the hotel team. Kelsie is a true gem and takes wonderful care to ensure that each of our guests have their best experience possible. We would love to continue to be your home away from home, and you can ensure that we will provide top notch service to you and your Texas friends time after time. Until next time!
Best Wishes,
Lena Warme
Assistant General Manager
ri.tpasp.agm@marriott.com
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Love this place! This is the 4th time we have stayed at this hotel and we love it, the breakfest as well as dinner are great! The entire staff from house keeping to front desk are fantastic. Roger, Kelsie and Shawn are great as well as Debra and James! Rooms are clean and cozy as well as the lobby. We will definitley be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear bigmike61,
Thank you so much for recognizing the staff by name at the Residence Inn Sabal Park! This means so much to us. I am pleased that you have been able to stay 4 times with us. It is our goal to have a clean, cozy and homelike hotel so that our guests can just relax. I appreciate the overall 5 rating. Come back soon to see Roger, Kelsie, Shawn, Debra and James and to eat the delicious breakfast!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Coming towards the end of my stay here after 2 months because of work and have nothing but good things to say about this place. I've been staying at all the fancy marriot chains up and down the states but this is my favorite - it's nothing fancy but staff are wonderful and rooms spotless. I've been so comfortable I've not missed home! A true tribute to all the staff at the Residence Inn - a great family. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Alex Y,
Thank you for being a loyal long term guest with us. I am pleased that you found us to be your home away from home while working in Tampa. I appreciate your overall 5 rating. Come back and stay with us again when your travels take you to Tampa.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Platinum member of Marriott rewards, so I know many Marriott hotels in USA. I can guarantee this is the worst. I've complained 4 times regarding the A/C and nothing happened. I had bugs (cockroaches) in my room, many of them and they only made something after I started collecting them using glasses. Additionally I stood 2 full days without hot water. This hotel is terrible, there's a Fairfield neaby and a Courtyard. Don't book this hotel, that's my advice.

• Stayed July 2013
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear sohvei,
Thank you for being a loyal Platinum Marriott Rewards guest. I apologize for the hot water and pest issue you encountered during your stay. This is not typical for our hotel and will be corrected immediately. Please contact me directly with details so I can assist you and restore your confidence in the Residence Inn Sabal Park. Your satisfaction is very important to me and I hope you will stay with us again when you return to the Tampa area.
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were in Tampa due to a death in the family (we drove down from Michigan), so although our circumstances weren't the best, we tried to make the best of things and stay a few extra days to visit the area. I must say that even though the location is a little hidden, you're well within a few miles to every shopping possibility and restaurants galore. You don't even have to plan a night out since the hotel offers up a decent hot meal every night for free anyway! The breakfasts are excellent, and the evening socials are a great way to fill yourself up with good food and free spirits to boot! The room was good, very comfortable and spacious. I agree with the previous reviewer that the brownies are fantastic...and definitely take the manager's advice about nuking them for a few seconds...amazing!! One night while we were there the Internet service was out and because of our circumstances we had to do a lot of online research for the next day and we also had tons of documents we had to have copied for estate executor duties. When we went to the front desk, Kelsie and Kristina were dealing with a flood of calls, people stopping by asking about the Internet, people checking in, and other things that all seemed to collide at once. They handled themselves very professionally, and were always friendly, cheerful, and despite the stress and having repeat the same information many many times to people, they were troopers. I understand Kristina was actually on her last day, but your hotel was/is lucky to have them as employees - they're wonderful! Throughout that whole ordeal, Kelsie was still able to make copies for us and handled everything superbly. Thanks again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dennis and Carrie,
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for mentioning Kelsie and Kristina by name and the overall 5 rating. This means so much to us. I apologize for any inconvenience the internet caused. I agree that the breakfast and evening social are delicious. I hope we will see you again soon.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!