“Perfect stay for our family vacation.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Perfect stay for our family vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am very satisfied with our stay at this Residence Inn. We booked a 2 room suite for 6 days and found it spacious enough for our family of 6 (kids ages 10, 8, 6, and 2). We were on the 3rd floor and never heard our neighbors even once. My oldest boys slept in one bed and our youngest slept in our bed with us. There was also a sleeper sofa, which my oldest used when his brothers became rowdy one night. We planned to eat home cooked meals made in the kitchen of our suite and found the facilities to be sufficient for our purposes. We saved quite a bit of money doing it this way and wasn't a big deal to cook while on vacation. We made cookies using using our own hand mixer that we brought and had to buy a cookie sheet as the hotel doesn't supply them. However, everything else we needed was provided and we were able to make spaghetti, chicken and rice, and we even did a make your own pizza night. The hotel's complementary breakfast selection is large and tasty. The hotel offered four nights where they served a meal as a social. There was nacho night, mac and cheese with chicken tenders night (salad included), BBQ night, and stuffed peppers. We could have easily eaten dinner each night, but we only took our picky eaters to the mac and cheese meal. The breakfast staff is courteous and kind while keeping up with the demands of the many guests passing through. The front desk staff is very helpful and professional, while the housekeeping staff was thorough and friendly, too. The facilities are up to date and look pleasant. The pool and hot tub are nice (although we make it a practice to avoid hotel hot tubs) and there is a nice sitting area around a fire pit that was well used. The basketball court is nice and the front desk supplies basketballs. I did 7 (not a typo) loads of laundry while there using their 2nd floor laundry room. I brought our own soap and dryer sheets. It's $1 per load to wash and $1 per load to dry. There were a few other people that passed through when I did laundry midweek, but Friday was very busy. I have to note that when we were checking out, I realized I had lost my Movado watch, which was a gift from my husband while we were dating. I searched and searched our room without any luck. Before we left, I asked the front desk to let me know if housekeeping comes across it. The housekeeping manager was there and insisted I come up and let her search. She tore the place up and was so encouraging the whole time as I was fighting back tears. She found it - in the kitchen trash (thank heavens they use clear trash bags). I'm sure my 2 year old threw it away. She has had a bad habit of doing things like that in the past. Best service ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Spice0fLife,
I appreciate you sharing your positive travel experience during your family vacation at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I am so glad that you had a perfect stay with us. Thank you for the compliments on the housekeeping manager’s efforts, encouragement and success in locating your sentimental Movado watch. Our hotel is family friendly with all of our spacious suites including a kitchen. It is nice to have the option of attending social, breakfast, barbecuing or just preparing a meal in your own room – this is all definitely a cost savings over eating out. I hope you will be able to come back again soon on another vacation.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Montrose, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

EVERYONE was more than welcoming and helpful. Outstanding breakfasts and mid week (MON-THURS)evening meals as well included!
House keeping staff(MARA) more than helpful and laundry facility was emaculate.
Front desk(ROGER) gave great directions to all area resturants and local attractions. About 2hours to St. Petes and 3 hrs to VERO Beach. So quick day trips!
Locally with A CAR you can find EVERY store and restaurant imanginable.
Hotel surrounded by what appears to be empty warehouses in lawned complexes! No side walks!
But usually no cars either so on week end you can walk and jog forever without any problems throught complex.
Would definately come here again. Thank you everyone

Room Tip: All non smoking facilty...has heated pool and a baketball court for kids and adults!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear EVKMIA,
Thank you for the positive review. I am thrilled that you found all of the staff helpful and the hotel clean. Roger and Mara are long term associates (9+ years each) that always display Marriott’s Spirit to Serve our guest. I will recognize them! I agree that it is helpful to have a car or hire a taxi to enjoy everything this area has to offer. I hope we will see you again soon at the Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Sabal Park.
Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I did not say super neighborhood. Located in this huge industrial park, if you go outside the park it is a very underprivileged area nearby. I stayed for 2 weeks, so I have a representative opinion of the positives and negatives of this hotel.

Subway and Sabal Cafe are across the street. People told me Sabal Cafe was great, although the reviews I read did not support that feeling.
Sun Trust Bank is 500 feet away
0.3 miles from I-75
1 mile from Rt. 301 and the State Fairgrounds
2 miles from I-4
3 miles from a dated Wal Mart and Publix grocery store.
4 miles from Westfield Brandon Mall ( Macy’s, Dillards, Apple ) and almost every restaurant imaginable
5 miles from a Newer Super Walmart , near mall and LA Fitness
12 miles from Yankee spring training, Tampa Rays
15 miles from Tampa airport (TPA)

There is a buffet style breakfast every day, scrambled, hard boiled, 4 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, blueberries,cook yourself waffles, bagels, coffee, tea, and juice from a beverage dispenser.
Dinner (evening social) is a buffet Mon-Thursday with salad each day. For example this week the menu was, sloppy joe, chicken alfredo, pulled pork, and today beef ravioli. Free draft beer and wine included.

I had a queen bed room, with 2 tv’s, a pizza sized oven and a stove with 4 burners, a refrigerator and microwave. Dishes, pots, pans, plates, forks etc. are included, along with a dishwasher. On the second floor there is a laundry room with washer and dryer, a dollar each to use. Detergent is available from the front desk for a reasonable fee. For 2 weeks in March the price with tax was $150, a nice value, but subject to change based on availability and length of stay. The room Internet speed was usually decent; the computer in the lobby was ok to use with the printer for boarding passes etc. The main negative was room noise, the walls did not seem very soundproof, and noise on the creaking floor above at times was annoying. I brought a noise machine for sleep but it was not always enough; I admit to be a light sleeper. Everyone at the front desk was awesome, as well as the cleaning ladies, and dining employees. If the soundproofing was better, considering the price, I would give it an excellent rating. There is a basketball court, outside pool and heated whirlpool along with a few nice treadmills in the workout room. There was an incident where a car alarm went off for 2.5 hours until 1:30 AM. Having license plates recorded, could possibly have shortened the time involved locating the offending car. But I give the lady at the front desk credit for going through every rooms list of occupants to try and find a person from Pennsylvania, where I had told her the license plate was from. She also called the police from my prodding, but they could not bother to come out.

I would certainly consider coming back here again next year.

This part really pertains to people who like to run and or fish:
You can run seemingly forever around the park though in the road, there are few sidewalks. It seems like there are 2 dozen factories, warehouses in this park, but almost half are empty and for lease. So traffic is very limited, on weekends you could almost sleep in the street. If you take a left onto MLK Blvd and go for a mile, take a another left onto RT 301, and you will pass Veteran’s Memorial Park. There is a running path which abounds the canal. It is about .75 miles, very open, and above and overlooking the water. When the sun angle is correct, you can see many 3-4 pound fish, perhaps catfish. With a license, this looks like a great place to fish, it is freshwater and full of birds and turtles. I asked a fisherman who has been there for years about gators, he said there may be a few in there, but never have been aggressive. If you are concerned, you can fish from the bridges above the canal on 301.

Room Tip: The 3 rd floor might be a good choice for not having someone above you noise wise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear darewreckjeter,
Thank you for sharing a review packed with great hotel and area information. I am happy that you were able to be our guest for two weeks and found the staff awesome, the room a nice value, and the location convenient. The feedback on Veteran Memorial Park and Museum as a great fishing or running spot along the canal is a great tip. I apologize that you were disturbed by noise during your stay. I would be glad to arrange a 3rd floor room so you will not hear any
noise from above. I certainly hope you will be back again next year.
General Manger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although it's not the newest we've stayed in, it couldn't be cleaner nor more hospitable. Every single staff member does their utmost, it seemed to me, to make you feel welcome and a happy customer. From a full breakfast each morning to dinner Monday through Thursday evenings to hot cookies from the front desk and complimentary water at check-in. Kudos to both food service and housekeeping staffs. We sincerely felt like they could not do enough for us during our stay. We will definitely stay here again and again. We stayed here for Spring Training 2013 and it's convenient to Orioles, Blue Jays and Phillies ball parks. If you stay early enough in March for Strawberry Festival in Plant City that's just icing on the cake...strawberry shortcake, that is. You can't go wrong with this Marriott Residence Inn. Convient to I-75, 275 and I-4. Having worked in the hospitality industry, I can sincerely say, upper management should take pride in this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Lynda22901,
Thank you for the exemplary review and comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. Your feedback is appreciated and I am pleased that you found our hotel clean, hospitable and the perfect location for you. We are in a spring training sweet spot convenient to many teams along I-75, 275 and I-4. I hope we will see you soon or at least again next year for baseball spring training.
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our rooms were spacious & clean first off! The community style dinning with good food and free beer n wine, warm full American breakfast with a variety of fruits,cereals,bacon,eggs n more! The room we had was newly renovated & we found some dust had been left behind the closet doors, finding it on our clothes hung in there but besides that the place is great and the management was friendly and always smiling. One guy and I think he is the only guy working there gave us the best info on where to go while in Tampa, I wish I could remember his name because he made our trip very memorable! Beautiful fire pit and great location makes the Residence Inn soothing to the soul and pocket!

Room Tip: Most rooms are pretty good, even near the elevators because they are very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Pamela G,
I am glad you made it over from Orlando to enjoy the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. It is great to hear that you found the room spacious and clean and also got to enjoy the complimentary breakfast and social. I am glad you mentioned the dust behind the closet door and I will review it with our housekeeping team so that it can be corrected. Thank you for recognizing the gentleman that made your trip memorable. Come back and see us again soon.
Melbourne Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A group of us came over for the horse show at the Bob Thomas Equestrian Center. We received a reduced rate as part of that group. We stay here every time we show and have always had a great experience! The front desk staff is friendly and professional. On this visit we were greeted with rice krispie treats! All of the rooms are super comfortable. On this visit I stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was fantastic! They are fully equiped with 2 separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a living area with a fireplace! The beds are comfy and the shower pressure is great. They even have a firepit by the pool for chilly nights.
That said, I did run into a situation that was handled over and above expectation by Roger at the front desk. It was then followed up with an email by the manager. It's nice to stay at a hotel where the guest experience truly is their #1 priority. I look forward to our return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Lisa N,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Sabal Park on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your loyalty as a regular guest who stays with us during every horseshow at the Bob Thomas Equestrian Center. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities of your two bedroom suite. I will recognize Roger for going above expectation in handling your situation. Roger truly has the Marriott Spirit to Serve and enjoys making our guests stay fantastic. I hope we will see you and your horseshow group during the next event.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great facility! Very clean and accommodating. Front desk personnel were wonderful and honored our early check request! Thank you! We attended the Strawberry Festival 2013 which was just a few miles down the road-easy in and out. In suite kitchen very convenient and money saving! Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear karenair57,
I am pleased we were able to honor your early check in request and that you found the hotel very clean. Thank you for highly recommending the hotel. I agree that our fully equipped kitchen is a great way to save money. We also offer a grocery shopping service and can stock your fridge – just drop your grocery list off at the front desk. The Florida Strawberry Festival is an excellent annual event that includes concerts, a midway, local crafts, and of course delicious strawberries. Come back before the festival ends March 10th 2013 or we hope to see you next year.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!