“Location is a bit outof the way..But Clean- Great Staff..A CAR a must!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Montrose, Pennsylvania
“Location is a bit outof the way..But Clean- Great Staff..A CAR a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

EVERYONE was more than welcoming and helpful. Outstanding breakfasts and mid week (MON-THURS)evening meals as well included!
House keeping staff(MARA) more than helpful and laundry facility was emaculate.
Front desk(ROGER) gave great directions to all area resturants and local attractions. About 2hours to St. Petes and 3 hrs to VERO Beach. So quick day trips!
Locally with A CAR you can find EVERY store and restaurant imanginable.
Hotel surrounded by what appears to be empty warehouses in lawned complexes! No side walks!
But usually no cars either so on week end you can walk and jog forever without any problems throught complex.
Would definately come here again. Thank you everyone

Room Tip: All non smoking facilty...has heated pool and a baketball court for kids and adults!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear EVKMIA,
Thank you for the positive review. I am thrilled that you found all of the staff helpful and the hotel clean. Roger and Mara are long term associates (9+ years each) that always display Marriott’s Spirit to Serve our guest. I will recognize them! I agree that it is helpful to have a car or hire a taxi to enjoy everything this area has to offer. I hope we will see you again soon at the Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Sabal Park.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I did not say super neighborhood. Located in this huge industrial park, if you go outside the park it is a very underprivileged area nearby. I stayed for 2 weeks, so I have a representative opinion of the positives and negatives of this hotel.

Subway and Sabal Cafe are across the street. People told me Sabal Cafe was great, although the reviews I read did not support that feeling.
Sun Trust Bank is 500 feet away
0.3 miles from I-75
1 mile from Rt. 301 and the State Fairgrounds
2 miles from I-4
3 miles from a dated Wal Mart and Publix grocery store.
4 miles from Westfield Brandon Mall ( Macy’s, Dillards, Apple ) and almost every restaurant imaginable
5 miles from a Newer Super Walmart , near mall and LA Fitness
12 miles from Yankee spring training, Tampa Rays
15 miles from Tampa airport (TPA)

There is a buffet style breakfast every day, scrambled, hard boiled, 4 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, blueberries,cook yourself waffles, bagels, coffee, tea, and juice from a beverage dispenser.
Dinner (evening social) is a buffet Mon-Thursday with salad each day. For example this week the menu was, sloppy joe, chicken alfredo, pulled pork, and today beef ravioli. Free draft beer and wine included.

I had a queen bed room, with 2 tv’s, a pizza sized oven and a stove with 4 burners, a refrigerator and microwave. Dishes, pots, pans, plates, forks etc. are included, along with a dishwasher. On the second floor there is a laundry room with washer and dryer, a dollar each to use. Detergent is available from the front desk for a reasonable fee. For 2 weeks in March the price with tax was $150, a nice value, but subject to change based on availability and length of stay. The room Internet speed was usually decent; the computer in the lobby was ok to use with the printer for boarding passes etc. The main negative was room noise, the walls did not seem very soundproof, and noise on the creaking floor above at times was annoying. I brought a noise machine for sleep but it was not always enough; I admit to be a light sleeper. Everyone at the front desk was awesome, as well as the cleaning ladies, and dining employees. If the soundproofing was better, considering the price, I would give it an excellent rating. There is a basketball court, outside pool and heated whirlpool along with a few nice treadmills in the workout room. There was an incident where a car alarm went off for 2.5 hours until 1:30 AM. Having license plates recorded, could possibly have shortened the time involved locating the offending car. But I give the lady at the front desk credit for going through every rooms list of occupants to try and find a person from Pennsylvania, where I had told her the license plate was from. She also called the police from my prodding, but they could not bother to come out.

I would certainly consider coming back here again next year.

This part really pertains to people who like to run and or fish:
You can run seemingly forever around the park though in the road, there are few sidewalks. It seems like there are 2 dozen factories, warehouses in this park, but almost half are empty and for lease. So traffic is very limited, on weekends you could almost sleep in the street. If you take a left onto MLK Blvd and go for a mile, take a another left onto RT 301, and you will pass Veteran’s Memorial Park. There is a running path which abounds the canal. It is about .75 miles, very open, and above and overlooking the water. When the sun angle is correct, you can see many 3-4 pound fish, perhaps catfish. With a license, this looks like a great place to fish, it is freshwater and full of birds and turtles. I asked a fisherman who has been there for years about gators, he said there may be a few in there, but never have been aggressive. If you are concerned, you can fish from the bridges above the canal on 301.

Room Tip: The 3 rd floor might be a good choice for not having someone above you noise wise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear darewreckjeter,
Thank you for sharing a review packed with great hotel and area information. I am happy that you were able to be our guest for two weeks and found the staff awesome, the room a nice value, and the location convenient. The feedback on Veteran Memorial Park and Museum as a great fishing or running spot along the canal is a great tip. I apologize that you were disturbed by noise during your stay. I would be glad to arrange a 3rd floor room so you will not hear any
noise from above. I certainly hope you will be back again next year.
General Manger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although it's not the newest we've stayed in, it couldn't be cleaner nor more hospitable. Every single staff member does their utmost, it seemed to me, to make you feel welcome and a happy customer. From a full breakfast each morning to dinner Monday through Thursday evenings to hot cookies from the front desk and complimentary water at check-in. Kudos to both food service and housekeeping staffs. We sincerely felt like they could not do enough for us during our stay. We will definitely stay here again and again. We stayed here for Spring Training 2013 and it's convenient to Orioles, Blue Jays and Phillies ball parks. If you stay early enough in March for Strawberry Festival in Plant City that's just icing on the cake...strawberry shortcake, that is. You can't go wrong with this Marriott Residence Inn. Convient to I-75, 275 and I-4. Having worked in the hospitality industry, I can sincerely say, upper management should take pride in this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Lynda22901,
Thank you for the exemplary review and comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. Your feedback is appreciated and I am pleased that you found our hotel clean, hospitable and the perfect location for you. We are in a spring training sweet spot convenient to many teams along I-75, 275 and I-4. I hope we will see you soon or at least again next year for baseball spring training.
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our rooms were spacious & clean first off! The community style dinning with good food and free beer n wine, warm full American breakfast with a variety of fruits,cereals,bacon,eggs n more! The room we had was newly renovated & we found some dust had been left behind the closet doors, finding it on our clothes hung in there but besides that the place is great and the management was friendly and always smiling. One guy and I think he is the only guy working there gave us the best info on where to go while in Tampa, I wish I could remember his name because he made our trip very memorable! Beautiful fire pit and great location makes the Residence Inn soothing to the soul and pocket!

Room Tip: Most rooms are pretty good, even near the elevators because they are very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Pamela G,
I am glad you made it over from Orlando to enjoy the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. It is great to hear that you found the room spacious and clean and also got to enjoy the complimentary breakfast and social. I am glad you mentioned the dust behind the closet door and I will review it with our housekeeping team so that it can be corrected. Thank you for recognizing the gentleman that made your trip memorable. Come back and see us again soon.
Melbourne Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A group of us came over for the horse show at the Bob Thomas Equestrian Center. We received a reduced rate as part of that group. We stay here every time we show and have always had a great experience! The front desk staff is friendly and professional. On this visit we were greeted with rice krispie treats! All of the rooms are super comfortable. On this visit I stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was fantastic! They are fully equiped with 2 separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a living area with a fireplace! The beds are comfy and the shower pressure is great. They even have a firepit by the pool for chilly nights.
That said, I did run into a situation that was handled over and above expectation by Roger at the front desk. It was then followed up with an email by the manager. It's nice to stay at a hotel where the guest experience truly is their #1 priority. I look forward to our return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Lisa N,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Sabal Park on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your loyalty as a regular guest who stays with us during every horseshow at the Bob Thomas Equestrian Center. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities of your two bedroom suite. I will recognize Roger for going above expectation in handling your situation. Roger truly has the Marriott Spirit to Serve and enjoys making our guests stay fantastic. I hope we will see you and your horseshow group during the next event.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great facility! Very clean and accommodating. Front desk personnel were wonderful and honored our early check request! Thank you! We attended the Strawberry Festival 2013 which was just a few miles down the road-easy in and out. In suite kitchen very convenient and money saving! Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear karenair57,
I am pleased we were able to honor your early check in request and that you found the hotel very clean. Thank you for highly recommending the hotel. I agree that our fully equipped kitchen is a great way to save money. We also offer a grocery shopping service and can stock your fridge – just drop your grocery list off at the front desk. The Florida Strawberry Festival is an excellent annual event that includes concerts, a midway, local crafts, and of course delicious strawberries. Come back before the festival ends March 10th 2013 or we hope to see you next year.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a fun weekend filled with music and food. After looking for a place close to the fairgrounds, we found this residence in. While the room was a little small, the staff made up for it with such good service and friendly attitudes. A great place if you need somewhere quite but close to live events.

Room Tip: 3rd level doesn't have anyone above you so the rooms are quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gregory T,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park during your visit to see the Zac Brown Band at the nearby Live Nation Amphitheatre. Our location is definitely a quiet spot with good service near the action of the Florida Fairgrounds. I am sorry you found your room a little small; at 500 square feet our standard suites are more spacious than a normal hotel room. Next time you visit be sure to check out the two-bedroom suite; at 900 square feet it would be roomier for you. We look forward to seeing you again whenever you are back to enjoy an awesome concert.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!