“Very pleased with our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
The Great Northeast
“Very pleased with our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We spent one night here while visiting the Brandon, Fl area. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was very nice with nice upgrades. The beds were very comfortable! It's located near a business park, so you have to travel 1-2 miles for restaurants, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Went to a concert in lakeland.
Stayed friday, saturday, and sunday nights.
Hotel L\located in a commercial Office Park.
All restaurants closed at Friday about 5pm in park and surrounding
15 mile circle. Spent two hours on Friday and Sunday night finding a decent place to eat.
Exit 10 and Exit 19 on I-4 were it. Cracker Barrel and Carabbas., others too.
After cruising for 1 hour, took the twenty add'l miles to I-4 exits.
No places open near hotel except take out pizza with 2 tables and one mexican fast food take out.
All other were closed on those nights.
Lucky we had a kitchen and brought back food from the leftovers.
They don't tell you you have to become an indian scout at 8 pm at night, pitch black, to locate food.
Delivery restaurants, Days Pizza( and La Famiglia) put me on hold for twenty minutes and I hung up.
La Famiglia had a review of 2 hour wait to receive food, so we passed on calling them.
Too far to travel for food without knowing the area.
No phone book in room, and internet listed only paid advertising restaurants.
So limited at best.
Stay at Residence Inn, Lakeside Village Shop Center ln Lakeland at the Mall.
Other wise Room was comfortable, clean and service. Staff were nice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

My wife and I have been scoping out areas for a relocation while taking some vacation time in the process. This property is halfway between Tampa and Lakeland, not far from I75 and one exit south of I4. We took a ride to Disney, and it was only 1:15 in non-peak times. One exit south on I75 and you're at Rt 60 - go east and you have access to malls, a theater, and restaurants. Food shopping is about 2 miles east on MLKing Blvd. So it's conveniently located in terms of travel. All of the people, housekeeping, front desk, maintenance, and the folks who maintained the eating areas were cheerful and always asking if you needed anything. I know it's a gimmick for Residence Inn, but it is actually nice at the end of the day when someone says "welcome home" even if it's not actually home. Some of the furnishings in the rooms are showing some age, but everything was clean and in working order. Breakfast was always hot and under the watchful eye of the employees who never let anything run out. Dinner time was the same. We used our Marriott Reward points for the stay just because the place seemed convenient geographically, but if I go to this area again, I would definitely stay again, even if a different hotel might be more convenient. Wireless Internet was fast and reliable, and fast enough to watch a Netflix movie with no problems. Computers in the open area were fine and had no problems with printers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

On a recent weekend, I reserved this hotel, because of it's proximity to the Florida Fairgrounds, where a "Train Show" was going on, that we attended. I frequent Marriott chains as much as possible, because I know their quality and have never stayed in a Residence Inn before, so we gave it a try, and the price was very reasonable, on our "senior" rate! This hotel was TOP NOTCH in all aspects, from the friendly desk clerks, to the breakfast hostess, and the maids. It was a lovely room, (or suite), with a full kitchen, separate bedroom and bath, desk and sofa/chair.....almost like a small apartment!! We felt very comfortable in this room, on 2nd floor, which had large windows, too. They provided everything you need, for an "extended" stay, (all though we only spent 1 night---I could have stayed longer, it was so comfy!). They had cookies and lemonade in the foyer, in the afternoons, and on arrival to our room, a personalized letter welcoming us to Residence Inn, with a bag of 2 cookies. Next morning, we went down to the complimentary breakfast, which was an "expanded breakfast" type --- all you could possibly want, eggs, hash browns, biscuits, assortment of breads, juices, waffle machines, with several toppings, as well as syrups. Our whole experience was a great one, with everything being clean and fresh linens, etc......and "no bedbugs!".....ha...As so many news reports are telling us to watch for "bedbugs"!!....I did do a "check" and found everything clean and no evidence of that!! I might add I have never found ANY Marriott properties to be anything but friendly, clean and comfortable, and everything working and funtional. I'll stay here again and highly recommend this one!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

This was a last minute stop. The desk clerk and rest of the hotel staff were very friendly. The Suite was very neat and clean. Small TV and smalll pillows but the comfort and cleanlinest made up for anything lacking. Basic hot breakfast and it's free breakfast and the staff was very warm and friendly. Free internet also.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I had the opportunity to stay the Residence Inn - Sabal Park recently on business. I traveled with several of my co-workers and this hotel was selected due to the close proximity to our new business location.
We spent most of our week long trip working long hours. Our time 'relaxing' was actually spent at the hotel in the evenings and early mornings.
I can say the hotel staff was very friendly and attentive; the breakfast buffet was perfect; and the jacuzzi was very, very nice after a particularly long day.
Overall, I would stay at this location again on both business and pleasure.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed here for three nights when our daughter graduated from USF earlier this month, We could not have asked for anything else to make our stay as wonderful as it was. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable with all the amenities you could possibly need. The breakfast was delicious ( eggs, waffles, cereal-hot and cold, fruit, potatos, sausage etc) There was a small work out room that was nice, free internet service, pool and whirlpool, etc.
The hotel was close to everything we needed and wanted including the university, restaurants and shopping.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon? Share your experiences!