“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, FL
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently stayed for a family vacation and this was a great hotel near Busch Gardens. The customer service was excellent and the breakfast was yummy! We stayed in a King bed suite and was perfect for us that have 2 small children. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed you stay with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you on your next family visit to Busch Gardens.
Thank you for your business. See you soon.
Melissa Bathe`
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We chose this hotel as we had to be at hospital early and wanted to go to Busch Gardens afterwards. The location is great for both and as usual with Choice Hotels which we almost always use the check in and out were flawless, the room was clean, the show was nice and XL, The breakfast is good as it is at most Choice properties and includes hot waffles and great biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for your review, I am glad to hear you were happy with your room and your breakfast.We appreciate your loyalty to Choice Hotels, We appreviate your business.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is our first time staying at this location. My wife and I are regular customers of the Choice Hotels particularly the Sleep Inn brand. We find their rooms to be comfortable, clean and cozy. We arrived at the property to be greeted by a nice front desk girl that left a lasting impression on my due to her candor and positive attitude. She checked us into room 409, we took the elevator which could use some attention from the housekeeping staff but ti was fast and efficient. As soon as the elevator doors opened we noticed a faint, subtle cigarette smell on the hallway, however when we opened our door to the room the smell was gone. The room is small but just right for a couple, felt cozy and did not have a musty smell to it. The bathroom had some sloppy housekeeping done but nothing worth complaining about. The water pressure was strong and the water was hot. Beds were comfortable and did not make much noise. The TV is a little 32" "Flat Scree" tv.....Not HD and not really sharp at all. The image was fuzzy and the channel choices were minimal, once again not worth making a complaint about it because we did not spend much time in the room. One thing worthy of mention was that the room felt new but old at the same time, you could definitely see how the room had been painted and "upgraded" but the feel to the room was still dated. The coffee maker was dirty with old mineral deposits and other coffee grains, the window sill looked like had been recently redone as the paste around the window was still fresh and very dusty. I would like to say that this property is a good one or two night stay and that is it. Not much more to see or do in this property. They do offer a free breakfast with the typical Waffles, coffee, machine dispensed juices and cereals. I would stay here again if the rate convinces me. There is an IHOP nearby in case you decide to have a more bountiful breakfast. Contact me if you need more information.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your personal experience at our hotel.Your feedback is important to us and we will use your valued opinion to address the descrepancies mentioned.

We appreciate your loyalty to Choice Hotels Family, and especially the Sleep Inn brand.We hope to see you again soon, so that we can insure the lowest rate available.

Sincerely
Melissa,
Kendall, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is our second time staying at this hotel and we have been pleasantly surprised both times we have stayed here. The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful and go the extra mile to make guests feel welcome. I even like the free breakfast! Their sausage gravy is delicious (one tip, warm up the biscuits in the microwave to make them fluffy:) and so is their Belgian waffle. Plenty of cold foods and instant breakfast cereals.

The best part of this hotel is the sweet and helpful staff. From the manager Melissa Bathe to the ladies that clean the rooms, I have never been at a hotel where every employee is eager to help. It is a sign of good management when the staff is as willing to help as the manager! We will be continuing to stay there when we go to Shriner's hospital for followup care!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your pleasant review, We are so pleased to hear you were happy with your stay and that you enjoyed you breakfast.
We are hoping for a speedy recovery for your little girl, and we are looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I choose the Sleep Inn because it is close to my doctor here in Tampa, Temple Terrace area. I reviewed a lot of hotels in this area n was looking for something cheap and clean. So far this has exceeded my expectations. The room is a king sleeper and absolutely clean and beautifully modern and looks remodeled. The staff has been very friendly I called for my rate before arrival and they actually give me a discount taking it down to $59.99 and when I got here the uped my room (when i asked how much for upgrade)from a double bed room to this king bed room without changing the price. What great service. Will Deff stay again in future.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments, Its nice to hear that you were happy with your complimentary up grade. We realize that planning a visit o the Dr. can be a bit stressful,and we strive to provide added comfort to our guests who are visiting one of the many of the wonderful doctors in our area.
Hopefully your Dr visit went well and we will see you again soon, "possibly on a leisure vist instead"where we can provide the same great service.
Thanks for staying with us.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been in Tampa for a few weeks visiting a family member contemplating whether to relocate....I had been looking for an affordable hotel close to Bruce b Downs since things didnt work out with family. I met a young man who offered me a ride to fletcher where he said there were 3 -4 hotels....I straggled into the Sleep Inn with no suitcase, just bags and 2 swollen ankes and feet....The woman at the front desk was so sympathetic and kind and when my card was declined she worked with me taking my situation in consideration....I stayed on third floor and the room was very clean and very quiet... it had dbl beds which allowed me to have extra pillows to elevate my feet. The room was not only clean but very quiet which allowed me to rest in bed for 2 days. I missed breakfast first day and Melissa was kind enough to get me fruit and a pastry. This is my first stay at a sleep inn but definitely not my last....Not only was Melissa kind and professional, but service was always with a smile and she treated everyone as if they were important and appreciated.....I have stayed at many hotels and this one by far had best day staff and housekeeping service I have encountered in many years. Although it is not a 5 star, it is the best stay you will get for your dollar!! If you are looking for a hotel in this group of 4 or 5 I strongly reccommend SLEEP INN...AND SAY HI TO MELISSA SHE'S THE BEST111

Room Tip: I reccommend rooms at the ends of hallway..i was in 301 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Anita,
Thank You so much for your kind words, I am glad to hear you are happy with your stay in our hotel.
It is important to myself and our staff to be considerate of others. I hope your feet and ankels are feeling better.
Thank You for your review and your business. We appreciate YOU!
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is our second stay at this sleep inn but this time it was a disappointment. My family of 4 stayed for a weekend visit. Pros and cons were: Pros: clean place(except shower head), nice staff, recent remodel. CONS: noisey rooms, you can hear people above you and beside you ALL night long, beds were hard, breakfast was available but they're so many people you can't get to it. Unfortunately we visit Busch gardens every few months but we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your review.
I regret to hear you were disappointed with your last stay, I apologize for all the noise,we have had a very busy spring break season with alot of very excited springbreakers visiting our hotel.
I hope you will consider staying with us again and give us another chance.
Maybe next time we can find a quiet room for you on the fourth floor,tucked in nice and quiet.

Melissa

Been to Sleep Inn Tampa? Share your experiences!