“Excellent so far.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Naples, Florida
“Excellent so far.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I choose the Sleep Inn because it is close to my doctor here in Tampa, Temple Terrace area. I reviewed a lot of hotels in this area n was looking for something cheap and clean. So far this has exceeded my expectations. The room is a king sleeper and absolutely clean and beautifully modern and looks remodeled. The staff has been very friendly I called for my rate before arrival and they actually give me a discount taking it down to $59.99 and when I got here the uped my room (when i asked how much for upgrade)from a double bed room to this king bed room without changing the price. What great service. Will Deff stay again in future.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments, Its nice to hear that you were happy with your complimentary up grade. We realize that planning a visit o the Dr. can be a bit stressful,and we strive to provide added comfort to our guests who are visiting one of the many of the wonderful doctors in our area.
Hopefully your Dr visit went well and we will see you again soon, "possibly on a leisure vist instead"where we can provide the same great service.
Thanks for staying with us.
Melissa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been in Tampa for a few weeks visiting a family member contemplating whether to relocate....I had been looking for an affordable hotel close to Bruce b Downs since things didnt work out with family. I met a young man who offered me a ride to fletcher where he said there were 3 -4 hotels....I straggled into the Sleep Inn with no suitcase, just bags and 2 swollen ankes and feet....The woman at the front desk was so sympathetic and kind and when my card was declined she worked with me taking my situation in consideration....I stayed on third floor and the room was very clean and very quiet... it had dbl beds which allowed me to have extra pillows to elevate my feet. The room was not only clean but very quiet which allowed me to rest in bed for 2 days. I missed breakfast first day and Melissa was kind enough to get me fruit and a pastry. This is my first stay at a sleep inn but definitely not my last....Not only was Melissa kind and professional, but service was always with a smile and she treated everyone as if they were important and appreciated.....I have stayed at many hotels and this one by far had best day staff and housekeeping service I have encountered in many years. Although it is not a 5 star, it is the best stay you will get for your dollar!! If you are looking for a hotel in this group of 4 or 5 I strongly reccommend SLEEP INN...AND SAY HI TO MELISSA SHE'S THE BEST111

Room Tip: I reccommend rooms at the ends of hallway..i was in 301 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Anita,
Thank You so much for your kind words, I am glad to hear you are happy with your stay in our hotel.
It is important to myself and our staff to be considerate of others. I hope your feet and ankels are feeling better.
Thank You for your review and your business. We appreciate YOU!
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is our second stay at this sleep inn but this time it was a disappointment. My family of 4 stayed for a weekend visit. Pros and cons were: Pros: clean place(except shower head), nice staff, recent remodel. CONS: noisey rooms, you can hear people above you and beside you ALL night long, beds were hard, breakfast was available but they're so many people you can't get to it. Unfortunately we visit Busch gardens every few months but we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your review.
I regret to hear you were disappointed with your last stay, I apologize for all the noise,we have had a very busy spring break season with alot of very excited springbreakers visiting our hotel.
I hope you will consider staying with us again and give us another chance.
Maybe next time we can find a quiet room for you on the fourth floor,tucked in nice and quiet.

Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stay at Choice Hotel family properties regularly, as a Diamond member of their frequent guest program, and stay in many Sleep Inns. This hotel, overall, is one of the best I've stayed in. The service is excellent and the rooms are comfortable.

The rooms are of the newer Sleep Inn design - nice color coordination, large work space, wall mounted flat screen TV, fridge, wardrobe, and while the rooms are slightly smaller than those found at more expensive mid-tier hotels, my room was of ample size and comfortable. Both the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and everything was in proper working order. The shower provided an ample stream of hot water which was easy to adjust.

I did not sample the complementary breakfast, so I cannot comment on the variety or quality.

Check-in and check-out were efficiently and pleasantly handled.

The night I stayed was a very busy night for the hotel, with multiple groups staying there. I did experience some minor problems with guest noise in the hallways - not rowdiness, just many people congregating and conversing without thinking that there might be people actually sleeping. It was tolerable, so I did not bring it to the attention of the staff until I checked out, and it did not in any way lower my opinion or rating of the hotel - and when I did mention it to the staff, they seemed quite concerned and indcated that they'd take care of it for subsequent guests. If any of the hotel management reads these reviews, you might want to consider having your on-duty staff keep an ear out for guest noise and have them gently remind people to be quieter when they forget. Again, no big deal - just a suggestion.

Hotel is just off of I-75, a few miles north of where I-75 and I-4 intersect east of Tampa. Drive time to the airport is about 25 minutes during non-busy times.

Overall - a good choice and a nice stay. Be aware that discounts (senior AAA, and such) are available on the hotel brand website, and Choice Hotels runs frequent promotions where it is very easy for even casual travelers to earn free stays.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank You for sharing you views regarding our hotel, I appreciate your opinion and will deffinetly use your feed back to address the noise issue.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Northlake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was the second Sleep Inn we stayed at on our drive to Naples FL. Nice, clean, updated room, a bit smaller than the Sleep Inn we stayed at the night before. The usual great breakfast. My only problem was that the "bathroom" was a tight space with a toilet and shower (no tub) and the sink area was just outside. I don't like hotels with this set up, to me, it's a huge inconvenience because if one of us in the bathroom and one of us is at the sink someone is going to get hurt, plus it's distracting to the person sleeping if the other one gets up in the middle of the night as both my husband and I do. I prefer the sink to be inside a separate room with the tub and toilet as in our home. That would be my only complaint about the room or hotel. Staff was pleasant. We would stay here again despite the bathroom situation. Again, we got an AARP rate which was a few dollars less than the Choice rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I apologize for the delay in response.

It is nice to hear you were overall satisfied with your stay and the service of our staff.

I'm sorry that you did not like the set up of the batroom. It is common in hotels these days to find bathrooms set up that way to allow added privacy.

I hope you will visit us again and check out our Suite which has a tub and vanity inside of the bathroom, also a seperate living room with a pull out sleeper sofa and two flat screen TV's.

Melissa.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

When my wife and I stayed here last weekend we had an amazing experience and were more than pleased with the hotel in general. First the location is great very close to Busch Gardens and right off I75. Second, the staff was awesome a little girl named Kaitlyn checked us in and was there throughout the entire weekend she shared local tips with us and was more than friendly. She made us feel at home and offered to give us mapquest directions and found my wife a close hair salon. 2 thumbs up for her. The housekeepers kept the room very nice the entire stay. Third, the breakfast was about as good as it gets for hotel breakfast. I have already recommended to my friends who are travelling down and we plan to stay again!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor facing the road and it was very quiet and had no problems sleeping and th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel.

I am pleased to hear you were happy with your stay, and that Katelynn was so kind and helpful. I knew the minute I met her that her "southern hospitality" would be an asset to our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our staff.

We look forward to meeting your friends and seeing you again.

Joao Pessoa, PB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel looks new, with comfortable bed and new towels and bed clothes. Everything is clean. Breakfast is good with fruit, juice, milk, coffee, cake, bread, oatmeal, hamburger, jelly, egg and many more. Parking is fine with lots of place. Good elevator. The area is really silent and you feel secure. You can hear the birds singing. People from the front desk are willing to help all the time. I say hello to the two Melissas... who gave us a kind welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor with a view to the road but we cannot hear any noise from the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. Melissa and I are glad to hear you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Melissa Bathe

Been to Sleep Inn Tampa? Share your experiences!