“good hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #91 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Northlake, Illinois
“good hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was the second Sleep Inn we stayed at on our drive to Naples FL. Nice, clean, updated room, a bit smaller than the Sleep Inn we stayed at the night before. The usual great breakfast. My only problem was that the "bathroom" was a tight space with a toilet and shower (no tub) and the sink area was just outside. I don't like hotels with this set up, to me, it's a huge inconvenience because if one of us in the bathroom and one of us is at the sink someone is going to get hurt, plus it's distracting to the person sleeping if the other one gets up in the middle of the night as both my husband and I do. I prefer the sink to be inside a separate room with the tub and toilet as in our home. That would be my only complaint about the room or hotel. Staff was pleasant. We would stay here again despite the bathroom situation. Again, we got an AARP rate which was a few dollars less than the Choice rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I apologize for the delay in response.

It is nice to hear you were overall satisfied with your stay and the service of our staff.

I'm sorry that you did not like the set up of the batroom. It is common in hotels these days to find bathrooms set up that way to allow added privacy.

I hope you will visit us again and check out our Suite which has a tub and vanity inside of the bathroom, also a seperate living room with a pull out sleeper sofa and two flat screen TV's.

Melissa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

When my wife and I stayed here last weekend we had an amazing experience and were more than pleased with the hotel in general. First the location is great very close to Busch Gardens and right off I75. Second, the staff was awesome a little girl named Kaitlyn checked us in and was there throughout the entire weekend she shared local tips with us and was more than friendly. She made us feel at home and offered to give us mapquest directions and found my wife a close hair salon. 2 thumbs up for her. The housekeepers kept the room very nice the entire stay. Third, the breakfast was about as good as it gets for hotel breakfast. I have already recommended to my friends who are travelling down and we plan to stay again!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor facing the road and it was very quiet and had no problems sleeping and th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel.

I am pleased to hear you were happy with your stay, and that Katelynn was so kind and helpful. I knew the minute I met her that her "southern hospitality" would be an asset to our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our staff.

We look forward to meeting your friends and seeing you again.

Melissa
Joao Pessoa, PB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel looks new, with comfortable bed and new towels and bed clothes. Everything is clean. Breakfast is good with fruit, juice, milk, coffee, cake, bread, oatmeal, hamburger, jelly, egg and many more. Parking is fine with lots of place. Good elevator. The area is really silent and you feel secure. You can hear the birds singing. People from the front desk are willing to help all the time. I say hello to the two Melissas... who gave us a kind welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor with a view to the road but we cannot hear any noise from the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. Melissa and I are glad to hear you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Melissa Bathe
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

One night stay. Pleasant clean room and friendly helpful staff. Good parking and ok breakfast at about the best price nearby. Very convenient to I-75 and FSU and Busch Gardens. That about says it all but this website requires that a review contain at least 200 characters.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our room clean and our staff friendly. We hope to see you again soon.
Melissa Bathe`
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

First, I have no complaints about the front desk. The lady who checked us in was super friendly and helpful. It is too bad that friendliness can't fix a barely functioning A/C unit and paper thin walls. The room was dirty, the desk chair was wobbly and very uncomfortable. The beds were ok, but the blankets were not very nice. It didn't matter though, because the A/C barely worked so there was no way you would ever need a blanket. It was a very hot night, and impossible to sleep. The walls are so thin that we could hear everything the neighbors were saying, and hear their TV all night. We requested late checkout, which they granted. However, they did not communicate it to housekeeping, as the housekeeper walked right into our room at 9:00 AM, waking up my sleeping baby. I stay at many hotels in the Choice family, and this is the first negative experience I have had. I don't know if it is a problem with this particular hotel, or the Sleep Inn chain. I'll be on the safe side and not stay at any Sleep Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nikol C, Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello, Thank you for your review.
I would like to personally apologize for all the discomforts you experienced while staying in out hotel. I wish I would have known about the troubles you were having with the A/C, Our hotel is currently being renovated with many new up grades and new A/Cs and bedding has been ordered.
We expect full completion of the renovation in a couple of weeks and I would love to have a chance to win your business back.
I have addressed all housekeepers with our late check out policy and I sincerely apologize for waking your child.
Melissa
Lemont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel several times in the past month and most everything was fine. One of the best front desk clerks, Cory, was a very pleasant staff member who really is the model for what every hotel should be like when you walk through the front door. She was great. She was professional, helpful and just really, really nice. She deserves all the praise, and again, all the hotels should be so lucky to have that kind of professional make a first and lasting impression on their hotel. SleepInn, you also have the best comfy beds, Thank you, thank you!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel was nice. Staff was really friendly. Cory helped us with everything we needed and she was really friendly. She helped me reserve a room for next week. She does a great job. Im excited to go back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jessie H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tampa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I have to agree with you Corey is indeed an outstanding employee and we are very fortunate to have her. We hope you will come back to see us more often and you will once again be more than satisfied with your stay.
Jessie and staff

Been to Sleep Inn Tampa? Share your experiences!