“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #63 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Toronto, ON
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Got a really cheap price on a one night stay here through a 3rd party company, so wasn't sure what to expect. Check-in was smooth and quick, and luckily we got a non-smoking room. I read some previous reviews where they only had smoking rooms so was very happy about that. Johana at the front desk took care of all our needs, even after we checked in.

The room was a nice little studio-style room with a full kitchen, sitting area, lcd tv, small desk/dining table, and queen size bed. I really liked the set up of the room, as there was a high wall separating the bed from the kitchen area. The small desk had 2 office chairs on each side and we used it as a small dining table as we weren't there for work. There is also a small area in the kitchen to eat with bar stools.

The "Grab N' Go" breakfast was exactly that, and a nice little bonus. It's good that they advertise it as that so expectations are kept in check. We took a few items for our morning flight out of Tampa.

I would definitely stay here again, the only minor knock on the place is their front desk actually closes at a certain time. I could see this being issue for some ppl and not sure if they have a phone number they could be reached after hours.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your needs and requests. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room and our grab-and-go breakfast.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fanning Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stay here 8/30/13 to catch a flight out early next day. When I called, Sebastian recommended I go online to book reservation because I could get a better rate. At that time, he asked if we were going to airport and also recommended I book with the airport shuttle service. I took his advise and booked both at a nice savings. I really appreciate the fact that he took the initiative to save ME money. Everything went well and I would have given 5 out of 5 except the clerk the next morning did not understand the park and ride service at first. He told us to call a cab. My husband spoke to him in Spanish and then he understood. It was 5:30 AM and I don't really think he was supposed to man the front. I sent company email and received a very nice response back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel staff member was able to assist you in providing savings and accommodations for your recent stay to the Tampa area.

Hialeah Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was impressed with this Nice suite, we found area for breakfast, for work and bath was clean and nice, definitely a good hotel for its price!!!
I will strongly recommend this hotel, and I will return in the future,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were impressed with the price and cleanliness of our suites. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Roanoke, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived late Friday evening about 8:30. The desk clerk Sebastian greeted us warmly, took our info and checked us in promptly. The room was clean, and the kitchenette was equipped nicely. We were missing a coffee cup and a hairdryer, which Sebastian gave us as soon as we let him know about it. He also gave us good recommendations for somewhere to eat. We were so tired that night and didn't realize we didn't have any bath towels after we came back from dinner (we used hand towels).. We waited til the next morning and the female desk clerk (I can't remember her name) gave them to us and was very apologetic for not having them in the room when we arrived. Our stay was very nice, it was quiet and the location was great, very easy to get into and out of, and centrally located. We will stay here when we come back to Tampa.

Room Tip: If you're not looking for a high priced hotel with room service, this place is great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our hotel staff member was able to meet your expectations.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Awful. Arrived here on a prepaid room reservation through a major travel site. I was told the only room available was a smoking room. Unacceptable. I was told to go outside and call my travel site for remedy...at which time the front desk clerk closed the desk and locked the door.

When I returned I was greeted by the "night clerk" who did not speak, or pretended not to speak, english. I was again informed there was no other room but this smoking room. I had no choice but to take the room I'd prepaid for, or pay for another room elsewhere.
I spent a sleepless night in this disgusting hellhole. the worst room ever, with cigarrette burns on the tub, vanity, kitchenette countertops, nighttables. Ashes floating in the toilet. Apparently everyone in florida smokes, and it's nasty as hell. I slept with all fans on, bathroom and kitchen, windows open and the AC cranking. took the quilt and the blanket off the bed and thew them in the closet because they reeked of cig smell. We moved to a new hotel the next day, checked in early and took a shower, and had to have our clothes laundered to get the stench of smoke out of them.
Took me weeks of complaining to get a refund from travel site.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jacksonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

As a long term guest, I have observed many changes at this hotel. The location is next to a business park, which is convenient for me. The hotel has undergone some renovations and updates during the time that I have been here. Along with the good, there has been some bad changes. The hotel no longer offers bagels for the grab and go breakfast. Two or three days a week there are fresh oranges and apples (although oranges usually run out after a day or so and they aren't replaced until a new order comes in the following week.) The hotel staff complains that guests are taking too many oranges and there was even a sign placed beside the breakfast area on Friday stating the "area was under surveillance". There have been mornings where muffins and granola bars were gone and food was not replaced by the staff for the guests that haven't had breakfast. Seems they want guests to pay for the costs of breakfast (breakfast is included in the price of the room) yet they do not place much importance on that part of the service.
Power seems to go off every few weeks; with no explanation from staff. Cable often goes out with rain showers. Hallways smell musky and aren't vacuumed often (although the carpet is beautiful). There is a college beside the hotel and during the day and evening, there are often students smoking in the back of the hotel parking lot.
The staff are very friendly and always willing to provide restaurant recommendations or greet a guest. For the value and location this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our Grab and Go Breakfast was not stocked properly during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team will do their best to make sure we do not run out of breakfast items. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tap@extendedstay.com should you wish to discuss this further. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We look forward to being able to better your stay in the future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Came to Tampa for husbands birthday weekend. Hotel location was fabulous, 15 min from everywhere, comedy club, Ybor City, beach, downtown. We were very impressed with our studio room. It was spacious, clean & comfortable. Staff was top notch & accommodating. Also there was a flier for a pizza place in the room so we ordered our first nite there, excellent NY style pizza & wings for a great price & they deliver rite to room! The hotel has full menu room service too however we didn't order from them. That was the only thing that seemed kinda pricey. Otherwise we would highly recommend Extended Stay America on Memorial Hwy! Very pleasurable experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was fabulous. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travel to Tampa for your husbands birthday.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Address: 4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#63 On the Beach Hotel in Tampa
#63 Spa Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.