“Nice & clean in great area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #62 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Nice & clean in great area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Came to Tampa for husbands birthday weekend. Hotel location was fabulous, 15 min from everywhere, comedy club, Ybor City, beach, downtown. We were very impressed with our studio room. It was spacious, clean & comfortable. Staff was top notch & accommodating. Also there was a flier for a pizza place in the room so we ordered our first nite there, excellent NY style pizza & wings for a great price & they deliver rite to room! The hotel has full menu room service too however we didn't order from them. That was the only thing that seemed kinda pricey. Otherwise we would highly recommend Extended Stay America on Memorial Hwy! Very pleasurable experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was fabulous. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travel to Tampa for your husbands birthday.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a wonderful clean place to stay. The front desk staff (Mike) was an absolute wonderful and helpful person. This extended stay is in a secluded area, so have transportation to go and eat. There isn't much around the hotel. They can arrange for airport pick up and for a small price be able to deliver you to the docks for the cruise lines. I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure you have transportation, especially if you wish to eat.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the nice comments you made about the staff. I'm so pleased to hear he was helpful to your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Not only did it feel home-like staff was absolutely wonderful. Mike and Cesar were exceptional in every aspect of the stay. It was clean and quiet. The front desk was SUPER nice and accommodating. It was a phenomenal stay and the price was excellent!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that associates and our entire team made your stay with us very comfortable, and that the property was quiet and clean. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel and I must say it is very, very, very close to the airport. After you receive your bags just go to the information desk right by the exit doors near the baggage carousels and they will call the hotel to send a complimentary shuttle van to pick you up.

The hotel is located in a business park, so nothing to see, eat or do in the area. However, there is a 7-11 within a 5-8 minute walk and the area is extremely safe.

The room I stayed in was very large but smelled of old wet mildew. Since I was staying just 1 night I didn't make a "stink" about it to the front-desk. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows looked and felt old and beaten. The TV was flat screen and had a good amount of channels. The bathroom was large but had many stains on the floor, sinks and tubs.

The front desk seemed to answer all of my questions but lacked any smile and enthusiasm.

The WiFi was free and ran smoothly and fast.

For the very cheap price, location and overall quality, I cannot complain about my stay. Just don't accept a Sheraton/Marriott style room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the bath room cleanliness is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are addressing the situation immediately so this does not happen again. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at tap@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Vacationed in Tampa June 28 thru July 4. The first 4 nights were spent at the Extended Stay of America on Memorial Drive. It rained constantly during my visit, so I spent more time than I had planned in the hotel. This property is located in a business park. It is close to the airport and major freeways. The property is well-kept and the staff is friendly and helpful. My room was clean and well lit. The bed was comfortable and the noise was minimum. (I was placed in a room on the first floor). The bathroom was cleaner than many I've seen in more expensive hotels). I enjoyed having a full sized refrigerator and the other amenities of a kitchenette. ( Be aware: No pots, pans or skillets are provided). My room had 2 plates, 2 glasses, 2 cups and saucers and flatware. The room had a nice, flat screen, LG TV. This hotel has a laundry and fitness room. I didn't use the laundry facility. The fitness room has 3 pieces of equipment that probably could be replaced with newer equipment. However, the treadmill and stationary bike did work. There is also a flat screen tv in the fitness room. I didn't really require much assistance from the staff, but in all my encounters with them they were friendly, patient and helpful. Check in and check out was simple and easy. I received a great rate on this hotel and it was worth every penny and more! The manager was wonderful. He was very forgiving of a mistake that I made during my stay. I would choose this Extended Stayl again as well as recommend it to family and friends!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Ann - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities and our friendly staff. I'm also glad you liked your room and took advantage of our fully equipped kitchens. However, I want to apologize for not having pots and pans available at check-in. I am working with our team to ensure this does not happen again.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When I booked this hotel I saw that it said there are DVD players in the rooms. The room I booked said a DVD player was included when I made my reservation along with the room type, bed size, etc. After we got into our room I contacted the front desk about a DVD player, he said he would try to find one in an empty room, a few minutes later he calls back and says, "Sorry, we don't have any available, people steal them, and corporate does not replace them", that was it, nothing more.
The other things I was looking for was a hotel close to Tampa airport, it is right next to the airport, but still quiet, no jet noise. We also wanted a pool, it is small, warm water and no one else was using it. Air conditioner worked but made noise beyond that of normal, but it kept the room cool. I think if I said something they would have moved us into another room, but we were only staying one night and we were settled in.
The place was clean, as other have said if it is missing kitchen items they get that for you.
We would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a DVD player, don't expect the hotel to have one. We rented movies from Redbox befor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you found our location to be quiet and convenient. As well, I am pleased that you enjoyed our pool. Still, please know we are sincerely sorry that your room did not have a DVD player. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my team and will make sure that we keep some extra DVD players on hand so that your experience is not repeated.

dartyhasam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a work trip. Pool was below my room. I heard talking and loud music until late evening. I probably would not have chose this location had I brought my family. But it was great for my work trip.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noises throughout the night. Still, I am very happy to hear that our hotel was an ideal location to stay for your work trip.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at tap@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Address: 4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #62 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.