“everything i wanted for the price i paid.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Columbus, Ohio
“everything i wanted for the price i paid.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

just paying it forward by writing this review. i am glad i choose this hotel, after reading horror stories about other hotels. this was outside of my price range (i wanted to spend between $60-$80 a night) but it was worth it. this hotel was about 100 a night and it was worth every penny. my standard of a great hotel is clean, modern, safe, and quiet. this met all of those. nothing fancy. but it met all four of my requirements. ironically during my trip, i drove past a few of the hotels that were reviewed, omg i would have never stayed at any of those. this one was perfect. a stones throw from the airport. if i must say one thing that was bad, it was only the service people at the front desk, which i only interacted with twice to check in and check out. i thought they were rude.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that our hotel met your standards of clean, modern, safe, and quiet for a great hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have been coming to this hotel for many year now and couldn't ask for a better place to stay.
The staff is excellent and very helpful and tries to accomodate you in every way. Our main attraction to the hotel is the location, just down the road is the entrance to the highway so, within minutes. you can be heading over the bridge to Clearwater or the bridge to St. Pete or downtown Tampa, very easy to get around from this location. The traffic around the hotel is light (a rarity in Tampa) and the area is quiet. We will continue to return in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the front, the back faces the airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that you are loyal to our hotel and that you will continue to return for many years. I’m also glad that this hotel is convenient to the locations that you visit in Tampa and nearby cities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back every year!
EAU CLAIRE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed one night before an early flight. The hotel is old and cramped feeling. Our room had been sprayed with some strong unpleasant scent, possibly to cover up another bad odor? Room generally seemed clean, though. The bathroom didn't even have a holder for the soap - you just have to leave it on the counter next to the sink. No ice machine in the entire hotel. We needed the pull-out couch for our two kids to sleep on, but no extra linens were in the room; we had to get them from the front desk. Beds were OK, not the most comfortable. I was incredibly grateful that we were only staying one night. We did not use the shuttle to the airport - we had a rental car to return; so I cannot comment on the shuttle. The location is excellent; only 5 minutes to the airport. I do not recommend this hotel. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not what you expected. We do not have ice machines, however, we do provide ice trays in the freezer. In addition, soap holders are unfortunately not provided. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. When we got here to check in Sarah was at the front desk. Sarah was very friendly and very perfessional. Then Sat morning we meet Linsey. Lindsey was also very nice and perfessional. You have very nice and clean place, good beds and very, very clean I will recommend your hotel to others. Thank you to all extended stay Amarillo for making our stay a good one!
Della Schooler

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the front desk was friendly and professional at check in. It’s also great to here that you were able to relax and enjoy our comfortable beds. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
FULLERTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a very good stay at this location. Staff very professional and helpful. House keeping also very nice. Felt safe. The staff was outstanding. They also put their coffee bar out earlier then the 6:30 time for early risers which I found nice.

I see some bad reviews, but I didn't have any of these problems. For the price you can't beat it.

Room Tip: stay on second floor. Easier to get to gym and laudry room. Also quite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff was professional and helpful. And I'm also glad that you were able to enjoy the coffee bar. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Plaistow, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is our 6th year coming here. We come from New Hampshire for 2-3 months to avoid the cold winters. Last year when we left we were not to certain we would return. After checking online and seeing the name change and the info that the rooms were being updated we decided to return, we have always felt the staff here have worked hard to help with any request. Our problem last year was the rooms were dirty and non-smoking rooms were smelling of smoke and the whole area around and inside looked as if it was slowly falling apart. I am so happy we returned. First place I looked was under bed and it was clean with no dust or left over papers. Then I saw the flat sctreen TV, new curtains and bedding, the room and bathroom looked so clean compared to former years. Because we stay so long we wished there was better internet connection and more tv channel to choose from. I also think new refridgerators would be helpful. My husband really enjoys grilling each year there has been a new one but we know things are out of staffs ability to control how others treat the grills. Ayman has shown a real ability to meet all our request and always quickly and pleasantly. The real jewel and reason for my score is the staff and the oviously hard work and investment there has been towards the updating and cleanliness of the rooms. I really hope Ayman and his team get reconized and given the credit they desire. I would be saddened to have Ayman leave. WE should all remember the team is only as good as its leader. I have faith things will continue to improve. I want to say there has been an improvment in the maintaining of the pool. I love waking up and being ab le to go get a goood cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Room Tip: I feel if a person explains what they want in a room it helps staff pick the right room. We like be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that the entire staff has been outstanding during your stay. We strive everyday to make each and every guest feel at home during their stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Plant City, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love writing reviews for the places I go so here we go. This is a very honest review. Stayed here for 7 days with my boyfriend. We don't find things to complain a lot. Yeah, there was some stains on the carpet, paint peeling off the cabinets, and funky smells lingering throughout the hotel but we don't really care. We realize you get what you pay for. They do not provide daily cleaning service. If you stay 8 or more nights you get ONE cleaning service a week. 2 plates, 2 cups, 2 spoons, 1 knife and 2 saucers were provided. No pots and pans. Big flat screen tv. No DVD player. There is also no dish soap but there was a dish drying rack. Bathroom was very clean. 2 towels, 2 hair towels, and 2 washcloths. If you want clean ones you have to go the front desk and exchange them. Elevator is a little dirty and old.There is a pool but it's very small. 5ft deep as well. Parking lot is quite small. Location is pretty good. It's located to a lot of places. Fully stocked vending machine, yet not working for almost our whole stay. Walls are kind of thin, sometimes you can hear the neighbors. Not a huge deal for us either. If you have a family be prepared to buy many basic kitchen supplies or at least bring them with you. Pots, pans, spices, oil, dish soap. Please keep in mind there is no cleaning service and there is also no broom in your room. You will get crumbs all over the kitchen floor and have no way to really clean it up unless you want to buy a broom. This is not a family hotel. The staff was pretty friendly and helpful. One of the girls at the front desk was a little ehh not so thrilled to be working here. You get what you pay for but it was pretty decent for us. We don't find every little thing to complain about. Oh and there is food room service if you want to pay for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you we not satisfied with our housekeeping services. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to make sure we properly communicate our housekeeping schedule to our guests upon check in. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Address: 4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#38 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.