Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #64 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Plant City, Florida, United States
“It's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love writing reviews for the places I go so here we go. This is a very honest review. Stayed here for 7 days with my boyfriend. We don't find things to complain a lot. Yeah, there was some stains on the carpet, paint peeling off the cabinets, and funky smells lingering throughout the hotel but we don't really care. We realize you get what you pay for. They do not provide daily cleaning service. If you stay 8 or more nights you get ONE cleaning service a week. 2 plates, 2 cups, 2 spoons, 1 knife and 2 saucers were provided. No pots and pans. Big flat screen tv. No DVD player. There is also no dish soap but there was a dish drying rack. Bathroom was very clean. 2 towels, 2 hair towels, and 2 washcloths. If you want clean ones you have to go the front desk and exchange them. Elevator is a little dirty and old.There is a pool but it's very small. 5ft deep as well. Parking lot is quite small. Location is pretty good. It's located to a lot of places. Fully stocked vending machine, yet not working for almost our whole stay. Walls are kind of thin, sometimes you can hear the neighbors. Not a huge deal for us either. If you have a family be prepared to buy many basic kitchen supplies or at least bring them with you. Pots, pans, spices, oil, dish soap. Please keep in mind there is no cleaning service and there is also no broom in your room. You will get crumbs all over the kitchen floor and have no way to really clean it up unless you want to buy a broom. This is not a family hotel. The staff was pretty friendly and helpful. One of the girls at the front desk was a little ehh not so thrilled to be working here. You get what you pay for but it was pretty decent for us. We don't find every little thing to complain about. Oh and there is food room service if you want to pay for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you we not satisfied with our housekeeping services. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to make sure we properly communicate our housekeeping schedule to our guests upon check in. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband checked Trip Advisor before booking this hotel so needless to say we were SHOCKED by how deceptive the reviews and pictures were. This hotel is an old dump! There is nothing nearby, there is no breakfast (im sorry I dont consider coffee and a pile of apples "breakfast") Our room was humid, dank, and dated. I would have forgiven the outdated decor if the room had been clean at least but it was filthy. Jelly residue on table, crumbs everywhere, hair in sink. The hallways smell like cigarettes and people cooking. Even the location is inconvenient and isolated. Both times we attempted to use their free shuttle we were made to wait so long that we decided to fork over $20 to the cab company instead. Just an unpleasant stay overall, this hotel has ruined my trust in priceline and Trip Advisor. Go "anywhere" else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you were not satisfied with our grab in go breakfast, which consists of apples, oranges, oatmeal, muffins and granola bars and the cleanliness of your room. As far the hotel smelling like smoke, we do have a few smoking rooms at our property. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will make sure we explain the location of our smoking rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tap@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Waycross, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had a very impressive stay at the Extended Stay in America. Ayman and Mike met me at the front desk and provided professional and customer service above and beyond expectations. Furthermore, they met all my needs / requests. The room was very impressive along with cleanliness of the hotel. I would highly reommend the Tampa Airport Extended Stay. They also ensured the shuttle picked me up and dropped me off in a timely manner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we were able to meet all of your needs and were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
La Malbaie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is our fifth year coming here, and I have only good to say about this hotel, and especially the staff and it's managers, Patty and Iman. We love coming here for our annual holiday and stay at least one to two months. Great!

Room Tip: We are next to the airport, but I like being in the front of the hotel to see the traffic and people...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you stay at our property every year when you are in town! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
South Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I searched for days on-line before deciding upon this hotel. It's close to where the softball team is staying as well as the softball field. I wanted a place to feel safe since I am a female and my husband had to stay back. I also needed a place that was reasonably priced. The staff is incredibly friendly and they do not make you feel like you're an interuption. I requested a ground floor room and was accomodated (thank you Mike!). The facilites are just right; laundry on site, fitness room, flat panel tv, printer, full kitchen. I sent my husband a video of the room and he was equally impressed. Thank you Extended Stay America! Oh...and the bed is very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ground floor is usually my first choice when I have a choice. Being a Softball Mom taking elevators...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you were impressed with our hotel and had a great experience. I'm glad that the location and amenities were great for your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Don't normally write reviews though I believe this is warranted. Just checked in today for a 3 week stay.

Several items that are notable:

1) Carpets are stained around bed with some sort of fluid. Will not walk on carpet without footwear. Includes bathroom area.

2) Microwave glass plate missing. Front desk advised that plastic replacement plates are what are used now and provided one.

3) No sleep at end of hallway due to door to parking lot banging.

4) No pots/pans in room. Called/visited front desk 4 times in 4 hours to have pots/pans delivered. Now in hotel for 16 hours and still nothing.

Overall, would not recommend this hotel for quality although location is reasonable.

Has potential although rooms need a substantial facelift as furniture is substantially damaged and stained.

Online photos had made the hotel look substantially different than what was provided.

• Stayed February 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were a few issues with your room upon checkin. In response to your feedback, I would like to try to resolve this issue, if you could please contact me. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com or the hotel at 813-886-5253. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay.
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Provides most of everything you need on a long stays. property is bit old and walls are thin otherwise its a clean hotel and you can stay here longer without issues. not many restaurants nearby or any grocery stores nearby.

Room Tip: forget staying here if you don't have a car
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you feel our hotel would be a great choice for a long term stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Address: 4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #64 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.