“Excellent home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #68 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staff is awesome, friendly, nice, and always go out of their way to take care of me. So basically so far so good. They keep the property pretty clean and there is always someone there 24/7 which is good

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant in the hotel but there are some very good ones close by. Room at then i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff here makes you feel welcome. Our number one goal is to make sure that we make your stay with us a" home away from home." Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Booked 6 nights, ended up staying 10 because it was quiet and comfortable. Supposedly they were sold-out but it never seemed busy or noisy. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Although very close to airport and major highway, the property is in a corporate park area and feels off-the-beaten-path. I had a full kitchen with a four-burner stove and oven. A good-sized sliding window to open. There are some signs of wear: stairwells a bit run-down, kitchen counter had a few permanent stains and a silver-dollar sized chunk missing. The bathroom exhaust fan was not working (I reported it after checkout). A pleasant stay and about what to expect from an ExtendedStay.

WARNING: I thought I had booked at ExtendedStay.com but was surprised at check-in to discover I had pre-paid at Expedia(?) I still have my confirmation e-mail that has an ExtendedStay-like logo and nowhere mentions Expedia. I think I was somehow duped by Expedia. When I added on the additional nights, I was very careful to do so directly at extendedstay.com. The problem with booking at Expedia is that you have no flexibility in your travel plans.

Room Tip: I am a non-smoker. There are smoking rooms on the top (3rd) fl, so non-smokers will have guests abov...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were able to enjoy a nice quite and comfortable stay we strive on making your stay " home away from home" Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I been staying with extended stay since August and my experience has been great personal staff has been great to me they are like my family, will recommend this hotel to friends and family. Rooms are always clean
Service is great no complains.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that our entire team here at Extended Stay America make you feel at home. It's an honor to have you as a guest. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

The gentleman working the front desk (Michael) was very helpful and friendly. He went above and beyond to make my stay very pleasant. He was so accommodating to all my needs. I needed linens and towels and he was so kind to bring them to my room immediately. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Michael went above and beyond to make your visit a great stay. Our passion is to make every guest feel special and make the accomodations here feel like a home away from home. I am thrilled that you will highly recommend us to anyone in the future. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our stay here started off badly as the "free airport shuttle" did not arrive even though we did phone the hotel. The front clerk said he had no responsibility as he did call them right after we contacted the hotel. He said the driver could not find us as we were not in the right location. We were in the correct location. The driver when he arrived almost 1 1/2 hours later(!) said he just received the call. (We had called the front desk 3 times already.) Someone was lying but we don't know who it was. (The transportation they use is with a different company, I believe vetran's trasport.) We would have taken a taxi but they could not fit in all of our stuff, and the whole reason I picked this hotel was for the free transportation so it became a matter of principal (which in hindsight was stupid!)

The bed was one of the worst beds I have ever slept on in my life. It sank in the middle. The sofa bed was also terrible and lumpy. We were so tired as we were travelling for over 12 hours with our two toddlers, but even still we couldn't sleep. The hotel was also noisy, not with people, but banging doors. I cannot stress how terrible the beds were.

The location was not as close to the airport as I thought. One plus is that it was cheap ($70) but I would never never never stay here again even if it was free!

There were so many good reviews for this place on trip advisor, I never imagined it would be so bad.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our shuttle did not provide great service and that the bed was uncomfortable. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I are going to meet with our shuttle service. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tap@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff. I had an issue with my air conditioning. I was immediately offered another room. As I didn't really want to move they had a repairman come to fix it. When he discovered it couldn't be fixed he replaced the entire unit.Now that's the way things should be handled. I would recommend that of you are coming to Tampa to consider staying here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and clean rooms. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying for 8 months at the Extended Stay America. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave. :((

Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met Joanna. She explained everything I need in details.

Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house.

The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable....

Very rich and tasty breakfast. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.

These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member.

Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

• Stayed August 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It's great to hear that our team here at Extended Stay America made you feel right at home, Im also glad you were able to enjoy all of our amenities . Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Address: 4811 Memorial Highway, Tampa, FL 33634 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#37 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe - Tampa Airport Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.