“Extended Stay Westshore - Tampa” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #100 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Extended Stay Westshore - Tampa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nice hotel, older but clean and friendly. A little hard to find, behind a gentlemen's club! Bedding left a lot to be desired, wrong size sheets upon arrival, (queen bed with small sheets,) then room cleaned and king sheets put on queen bed. Made for bunched sheets to sleep on or ended up sleeping on bare mattress. Rooms ready for upgrade but functional, clean and staff great. Already made next reservation for 10 day stay in December.

Room Tip: Get room on upper floor facing pool for quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our clean room and great staff; however, we apologize that your bedding was incorrect when our housekeeping staff refreshed you room. I reviewed your comments with our staff and conducted more training to make sure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we look forward to seeing you again in December.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that, having worked for 12 years in the airline industry, I feel that I am more than qualified to judge good customer service.
I was actually in Tampa to view several homes up for sale in the area, as well as to get a feel for both the city of Tampa, as wellas the residential neighborhoods surrounding the city. As I approached the front desk in the modest, but immaculate and tastefully decorated lobby, I was greeted warmly and courteously by the young woman behind the desk.
My requests for both a smoking room, as well as a room overlooking the pool, were immediately accomodated. The young woman went out of her way to answer several questions I had about the area and she eagerly suggested some excellent eating establishments located a convenient distance from the hotel.
Needless to say, I was very impressed by the level of customer service I received.
My room was nicely laid out, however, I was less than impressed by the housekeeping staff and the lack of cleanliness of both the kitchenette and bathroom areas. There were several pubic hairs left in the tub (which also had a dirty ring around it). There was a brown stain of  obvious origin on the bathroom light switch, as well as the wall near the switch. The dishwasher was inoperable during my entire stay, despite the fact that I personally reported the problem at the front desk (to a different clerk than the woman who checked me in) and was assured that maintenance would be notified and the problem fixed within 24 hours...
My "housekeeper" had not left any hand towels or wash clothes, and when I went in search of her to ask that she not only provide me with these items, but re-wash the tub and clean the stains off
the wall and lightswitch, she made me wait until she completed her cell phone call, and then she made several gestures that I assumed meant that her english was limited, at best. I ended up going down to the front desk for the missing towels myself, after which I made an unsucessful attempt at cleaning off the offensive looking stains. I ran the water in the tub until the pubic hairs went down the drain, but the soap ring in the tub was still there when I checked out... thankfully I prefer showers to baths!
Despite these issues, my stay was pleasant and the location of the hotel, as well as the reasonable rates and the fact that I was able to get a smoking room, and, of course, the lasting favorable impression that the very first person I encountered upon arrival left upon me, are the reasons why I am returning to this hotel on the 21st of September for a week while sign papers on a house I found on my first visit... Hopefully this time the housekeepers will have done a better job! Lol
Best,
Christine Contilli
Brewster, MA

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the courteous and accommodating service you received at the front desk as well as the cleanliness and decor of our lobby. Also, we apologize that your bathroom was not cleaned to our standards, and that there were a lack of towels. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed these matters you mentioned with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am happy to hear that the customer service of the front desk left a lasting impression. Congratulations on your new home and we look forward to seeing you on the 21st of September.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to see you again in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room was nice and was supplied with the basics, but no detergent was provided, minimal towels so we frequently made trips to the front desk. There was a soccer team that was staying in the hotel off the lobby at the time and there were frequent complaints by many guests due to the noise. So many complaints that at one point when we were sound asleep one night we woke up to the Police banging on the door down the hallway. Obviously their noise didn't wake us from our slumber that night, but it prevented us getting to sleep on other nights. Management should have had this more under control instead of the police being called by someone down the hall... definitely was happy to be in our new home and out of there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main or back doors, they don't close quietly.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the soccer team and police is truly regrettable. Our associate on duty made numerous attempts at asking them to quiet down and we thought the issue was resolved. Unfortunately, we had to contact the local authorities because we received more complaints, and to ensure the issue resolved completely due to the late hours. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team will be more proactive in preventing large groups from causing too much of a commotion and disturbing our other guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tsh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had to go to Tampa on business and went with my wife and 5 month old puppy. A dog-friendly hotel with easy access and no real traffic issues. Had a very useful kitchen so we could eat in and was laid out so the bed was around the corner from the kitchen, so you didn't feel like it was a studio. Nice recliner chair and couch. Staff was great and made sure we had proper cooking utensils. Very clean and manageable. Good value for the price, especially considering the proximity to I-275, downtown and the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Steve - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, our hotel's location and the service that our staff provided to you, your Wife and 5-month old puppy. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Englewood, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stay at alot of hotels around the country and our preference was any Extended Stay hotel. But our recent stay at this ES was disappointing. The staff is still very accommodating and pleasant and the rooms are still huge and the bed comfortable, however, it was lacking in a few basic areas. Trash. Where there used to be trashcans in the stairwells to make it easier to dispose of your trash, there is no more. For people who stay an extended time there, you have no where to place your trash. You have to take it down to the dumpster in the back of the building yourself, or as some people did, place it outside your door. The towels, too, need to be upgraded to Deluxe standard, as they are very scratchy and not soft on your body. You used to have a full size oven with the King suite and here, there was only a two-burner stove and no oven. We didn't have a lounger either in our room..just an empty space where it once sat. In the ES Deluxes we have stayed at previously, the breakfast consisted of a full continental where now it is just a "grab n go" breakfast, which is really only good for the coffee, if someone knows how to make it properly. As when we were there, the coffee was bitter and very strong.
I am not sure why your hotel chain has downgraded from deluxes to regular ES's, but if you want repeat business from the people who stay an extended period of time, you need to upgrade these few basic things back to a "deluxe" standard, as right now, you're just another chain. We will however still put all Extended Stays at the top of our preference list.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Jennifer - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to our staff and comfortable rooms are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read your were still disappointed with your stay. Your comments were reviewed and I understand the concern about the lack of trash rooms as we are being renovated this winter and will have them at that time. Also, this hotel was never equipped with a conventional oven; however, we do have microwave ovens in each of our rooms. In regards to the towels, we have just recently changed vendors so you will see a change in our linen. Again, with our upcoming renovation I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
unknown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was a disgrace!

When we were looking for the place, we had to look under the strip club sign for the hotel sign and when we pulled into the parking lot, there were two cop cars at the front entrance and were handcuffing someone who seemed to be a hooker.

Our room had a broken mirror on the closet, the bathroom had hairs all over the floor and tub area. The carpet felt as you were walking on 20 year old carpet that came from a smoking home. The manager, Adam, was a complete jerk! He makes it seem as he is listening to you, but he looks around in other directions and just says "uh-huh" but then asks a questions that you had already said the answer to.... He had NO customer service at all!

I would much rather pay full price at another location than save $ from an online booker, than stay here again! Dont waste your $.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not to our standards. Please know, our property is scheduled to be renovated in December of this year so I can assure you your experience will not be repeated. As well, I will be speaking with our management team about your remarks so that this type of behavior does not happen again in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Check in good staff good got to room and not what expected ..had requested non smoking and room had eight cigerette burn holes in carpet . room reaked of carpet so fresh had to open windows and air out . No daily maid service must do it yourself also bed was hard as a rock ..spring coil on wood box but if looking for cheap basic is ok

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Phillippe - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that our staff provided you with such great service. Still, I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to replace the carpet in your particular room. As well, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Address: 1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #100 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay America Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.