Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #93 of 158 hotels in Tampa
unknown
“What a joke!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was a disgrace!

When we were looking for the place, we had to look under the strip club sign for the hotel sign and when we pulled into the parking lot, there were two cop cars at the front entrance and were handcuffing someone who seemed to be a hooker.

Our room had a broken mirror on the closet, the bathroom had hairs all over the floor and tub area. The carpet felt as you were walking on 20 year old carpet that came from a smoking home. The manager, Adam, was a complete jerk! He makes it seem as he is listening to you, but he looks around in other directions and just says "uh-huh" but then asks a questions that you had already said the answer to.... He had NO customer service at all!

I would much rather pay full price at another location than save $ from an online booker, than stay here again! Dont waste your $.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not to our standards. Please know, our property is scheduled to be renovated in December of this year so I can assure you your experience will not be repeated. As well, I will be speaking with our management team about your remarks so that this type of behavior does not happen again in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Check in good staff good got to room and not what expected ..had requested non smoking and room had eight cigerette burn holes in carpet . room reaked of carpet so fresh had to open windows and air out . No daily maid service must do it yourself also bed was hard as a rock ..spring coil on wood box but if looking for cheap basic is ok

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Phillippe - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that our staff provided you with such great service. Still, I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to replace the carpet in your particular room. As well, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tsh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The customer service that I experienced was absolutely amazing along with the accommodations, I mean I don't even feel comfortable referring to this place as a hotel...everyone here has really made me feel like I'm at home. From the moment we arrived everyone did everything they possibly could to make sure we were comfortable, even going as far as calling to make sure that everything was the way we needed it to be in our room. We stay at a lot of other resorts and hotels and experience good customer service from people at other hotels as well, but absolutely every single person on this staff has just been at the top of their game and because of this we will aim to stay at this chain of hotels wherever we travel to now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, June 7, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a terrific stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that our staff made your stay so comfortable, which is our goal. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Crystal, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked on Hotwire, and when I read some of the reviews, I was a little nervous. As soon as I got in the room, I know things would be ok.
The room is a good size, and the layout is very nice. The bed is comfortable as well.
I like the location too, I just wish they had a bigger sign on Westshore Blvd so that it was easy to see where it is. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you had a little difficulty finding our location. We are sorry for this inconvenience; however, we are so happy that you didn't give up! It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we are so glad to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Grounds were clean, had a sit down breakfast area, very fresh and clean in the hallways. Room looked to have updated kitchen and cabinets. Friendly and courteous staff. Located next to airport with a lot of restaurant choices nearby.. Awesome experience

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Billy - It is so rewarding to read that you had an awesome stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the location and cleanliness of our hotel.

Thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I needed accommodations close to the airport so that we could easily embark upon the second leg of our trip after landing in Tampa. We originally chose the Spruce St location off Extended Stay's corporate website, with one of the required criteria selected being an airport shuttle. The website indicated there was a shuttle, so we made the reservation. Upon landing in Tampa at 9pm at night and calling to request the shuttle, however, we were advised that location does NOT have an airport shuttle (!) After numerous calls back and forth, I was able to cancel my existing reservation without penalty (the locations are not connected/owned separately...) but the madness continued. I was told by the night clerk at West Shore in order to get the discounted rate, I'd have to make the reservation online. I thought I did so, but somehow, on my smartphone the mobile site made the reservation for the Spruce St location again...when we arrived at West Shore, there was still no reservation, so I had to go back on my phone to do this again...meanwhile, it didn't give me any discount. My reservation rate for Spruce St was $65...I ended up paying $85 for this location after the night clerk applied at 5% discount. By this time, it was late and we were exhausted and just paid it.

After paying the higher rate, I was also a bit nervous about what the room would be like after all of the problems (and also given some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor), but I was pleasantly surprised to find it absolutely fine: very clean, and nicely appointed. My other compliment would have to be the transport driver, who was very friendly. We ended up ordering in and enjoying a restful sleep.

Unfortunately, my sleep was then disturbed early in the morning by workers engaging in excessively loud conversations in the halls. The cleaning crew also kept yelling "housekeeping" going from room to room. Perhaps the workers should be told that travelers often sleep in, and making all of that noise is really not appreciated. I ended up just getting up since I couldn't sleep any longer, and happily connected to the free wi-fi, which was absolutely awesome. I decided to head down to get some of the "grab and go" breakfast, but was again sorely disappointed. The offerings were not worthy of being called breakfast. If you're a diabetic or watching your sugar intake, a pre-packaged sugary blueberry muffin, granola bar and an apple really would not work. On a more positive note, the coffee was pretty good. So I had that and had to simply wait til I checked out to eat.

Overall, I would stay here again. Some improvements in the areas I noted above (and honoring the quoted internet rate) would have made my stay much better, but for overnight accommodations, this is just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms; however, we apologize that you were misled regarding our shuttle service as well that our housekeeping staff was being loud in the hallways in early hours of the morning. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed your comments with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. In regards to the difference in rates at our sister property I have credited your account $20 for the inconveniences experienced.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tsh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked here thru Priceline so, I got sight unseen, I got 1 queen size bed, in a room the size of a postage stamp. I checked off a 2 1/2 star and 2 adults 1 child, Priceline told me that I get what I get all bookings get automatically changed to what they consider double occupancy. Which in this case is what Extended Stay calls a queen size bed.

Don't get me wrong I got a full size freezer for my insulin. I got laughed at, at the front desk. I think it was because I paid 34 bucks? She kept laughing even after I asked her to stop. I smile when I am uncomfortable. But I told her this was the start of a nightmare. I did find out later that the chair was a pull out cot but when I pulled it out the thing was covered in blood stains, no kidding I took photos this should be illegal.

They charge upgrade charges for everything. So be warned. I'm afraid if I ask for another room sans-blood stains I would get a worst room. I have to stay here for 2 days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of the chair/extra bed you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am going to retrain my staff to ensure that unacceptable furniture does not stay in our guest rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel
Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay America Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay
Address: 1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #93 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.