“home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #99 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The customer service that I experienced was absolutely amazing along with the accommodations, I mean I don't even feel comfortable referring to this place as a hotel...everyone here has really made me feel like I'm at home. From the moment we arrived everyone did everything they possibly could to make sure we were comfortable, even going as far as calling to make sure that everything was the way we needed it to be in our room. We stay at a lot of other resorts and hotels and experience good customer service from people at other hotels as well, but absolutely every single person on this staff has just been at the top of their game and because of this we will aim to stay at this chain of hotels wherever we travel to now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, June 7, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a terrific stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that our staff made your stay so comfortable, which is our goal. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Crystal, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked on Hotwire, and when I read some of the reviews, I was a little nervous. As soon as I got in the room, I know things would be ok.
The room is a good size, and the layout is very nice. The bed is comfortable as well.
I like the location too, I just wish they had a bigger sign on Westshore Blvd so that it was easy to see where it is. Other than that, it was a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you had a little difficulty finding our location. We are sorry for this inconvenience; however, we are so happy that you didn't give up! It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we are so glad to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Grounds were clean, had a sit down breakfast area, very fresh and clean in the hallways. Room looked to have updated kitchen and cabinets. Friendly and courteous staff. Located next to airport with a lot of restaurant choices nearby.. Awesome experience

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Billy - It is so rewarding to read that you had an awesome stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the location and cleanliness of our hotel.

Thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I needed accommodations close to the airport so that we could easily embark upon the second leg of our trip after landing in Tampa. We originally chose the Spruce St location off Extended Stay's corporate website, with one of the required criteria selected being an airport shuttle. The website indicated there was a shuttle, so we made the reservation. Upon landing in Tampa at 9pm at night and calling to request the shuttle, however, we were advised that location does NOT have an airport shuttle (!) After numerous calls back and forth, I was able to cancel my existing reservation without penalty (the locations are not connected/owned separately...) but the madness continued. I was told by the night clerk at West Shore in order to get the discounted rate, I'd have to make the reservation online. I thought I did so, but somehow, on my smartphone the mobile site made the reservation for the Spruce St location again...when we arrived at West Shore, there was still no reservation, so I had to go back on my phone to do this again...meanwhile, it didn't give me any discount. My reservation rate for Spruce St was $65...I ended up paying $85 for this location after the night clerk applied at 5% discount. By this time, it was late and we were exhausted and just paid it.

After paying the higher rate, I was also a bit nervous about what the room would be like after all of the problems (and also given some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor), but I was pleasantly surprised to find it absolutely fine: very clean, and nicely appointed. My other compliment would have to be the transport driver, who was very friendly. We ended up ordering in and enjoying a restful sleep.

Unfortunately, my sleep was then disturbed early in the morning by workers engaging in excessively loud conversations in the halls. The cleaning crew also kept yelling "housekeeping" going from room to room. Perhaps the workers should be told that travelers often sleep in, and making all of that noise is really not appreciated. I ended up just getting up since I couldn't sleep any longer, and happily connected to the free wi-fi, which was absolutely awesome. I decided to head down to get some of the "grab and go" breakfast, but was again sorely disappointed. The offerings were not worthy of being called breakfast. If you're a diabetic or watching your sugar intake, a pre-packaged sugary blueberry muffin, granola bar and an apple really would not work. On a more positive note, the coffee was pretty good. So I had that and had to simply wait til I checked out to eat.

Overall, I would stay here again. Some improvements in the areas I noted above (and honoring the quoted internet rate) would have made my stay much better, but for overnight accommodations, this is just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms; however, we apologize that you were misled regarding our shuttle service as well that our housekeeping staff was being loud in the hallways in early hours of the morning. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed your comments with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. In regards to the difference in rates at our sister property I have credited your account $20 for the inconveniences experienced.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tsh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked here thru Priceline so, I got sight unseen, I got 1 queen size bed, in a room the size of a postage stamp. I checked off a 2 1/2 star and 2 adults 1 child, Priceline told me that I get what I get all bookings get automatically changed to what they consider double occupancy. Which in this case is what Extended Stay calls a queen size bed.

Don't get me wrong I got a full size freezer for my insulin. I got laughed at, at the front desk. I think it was because I paid 34 bucks? She kept laughing even after I asked her to stop. I smile when I am uncomfortable. But I told her this was the start of a nightmare. I did find out later that the chair was a pull out cot but when I pulled it out the thing was covered in blood stains, no kidding I took photos this should be illegal.

They charge upgrade charges for everything. So be warned. I'm afraid if I ask for another room sans-blood stains I would get a worst room. I have to stay here for 2 days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of the chair/extra bed you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am going to retrain my staff to ensure that unacceptable furniture does not stay in our guest rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked this hotel using Priceline as a matter of convience because it was close to the Tampa airport and had free shuttle service. My son was in town and had a very early flight so rather than travel in the early hours of the AM it made sense to be close.

My GPS had a tricky time trying to locate it, or I should say I had a tricky time because the sign was below a huge sign that read "Penthouse Club" (see photo attached)

The hotel is actually located behind the Penthouse club. My 24 year old son was over the moon because the hotel gave him a free pass to visit the Penthouse! So, this is the perfect hotel for anyone wanting to visit the Penthouse and/or has an early flight.

The shuttle service went above and beyond allowing me to ride to the airport with my son and then catch the shuttle back after he flew out.

Our hotel room had a pull=out single bed that was convenient however the room didn't include the bedding for it so we had to make another trip to the desk to get bedding and once we pulled it out, there was a bit of garbage under the seat so that was not clean. My queen bed was excellent for sleeping and he was fine on the pullout bed.

Nice clean kitchen area with a simple bathroom area and HBO playing a nice flat-screen with a DVD player as well.

Easy breakfast in the AM so all in all it was worth the stay!

Room Tip: Bottom floor, 500 area was a nice spot for us.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our shuttle service was prompt and you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was my first ever stay at an extended stay America. the price was really cheap on priceline and most hotels were full in the area so i gave it a try. NEVER NEVER again would I stay at another extended stay.

First off this whole budget concept of no maid service except once a week and a light cleaning once during my 3 night stay is disgusting. Imagine staying in a hotel room that isn't cleaned on a daily basis. Think of the dust and the germs that lurk in hotels. Upon entering the room I realized the whole suite idea was a joke. My room was tiny with a divider wall between the kitchen and bath. There was no room to move in this room it was so small. Even upon entering the room, I noticed it wasn't even that clean already. the chair had stains all over it. Carpets were obviously dirty and worn out. The bathroom floor tile wasn't even clean nor was the tub. The shower curtain had black mold all over the bottom of it.
The next day I brought my dirty towels down to exchange for clean ones. It took all day and 3 attempts to finally get clean towels. like thats some big luxury to get clean towels in a hotel. I guess you dump your own trash in the trash cans that are overflowing because nobody changes them. I never saw the maids once vacuuming the hall carpets either. Plus the towels are old and worn to the threads. After my second night, my last day before checkout I get a "light" cleaning. what a joke. The maid comes and dumps the trash, changes out the towels and makes the bed with the same dirty linens. No cleaning the carpets, no cleaning sinks or toilets.
But the most disgusting thing here is I already had been recovering from a cold when i arrived but somehow I seemed to be getting worse. My coughing was out of control when i was in my room. when I looked in the air conditioner vent next to the bed you could literally see all the mold in there. So the minute that went on it was blowing mold in your system!!! This is a health hazard.

Bottom line. This place is disgusting. Run from here don't walk. The health board come here and make a visit and shut this mold pit down. Using budget and value is no excuse for not cleaning. The motel 6 has maid service!! I would never stay here again nor at any extended stay America.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be re-trained so this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Address: 1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #99 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay America Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.