“Room was nice...check in..not so much...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Expedia.com Ext. Stay America
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #93 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Room was nice...check in..not so much...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I needed accommodations close to the airport so that we could easily embark upon the second leg of our trip after landing in Tampa. We originally chose the Spruce St location off Extended Stay's corporate website, with one of the required criteria selected being an airport shuttle. The website indicated there was a shuttle, so we made the reservation. Upon landing in Tampa at 9pm at night and calling to request the shuttle, however, we were advised that location does NOT have an airport shuttle (!) After numerous calls back and forth, I was able to cancel my existing reservation without penalty (the locations are not connected/owned separately...) but the madness continued. I was told by the night clerk at West Shore in order to get the discounted rate, I'd have to make the reservation online. I thought I did so, but somehow, on my smartphone the mobile site made the reservation for the Spruce St location again...when we arrived at West Shore, there was still no reservation, so I had to go back on my phone to do this again...meanwhile, it didn't give me any discount. My reservation rate for Spruce St was $65...I ended up paying $85 for this location after the night clerk applied at 5% discount. By this time, it was late and we were exhausted and just paid it.

After paying the higher rate, I was also a bit nervous about what the room would be like after all of the problems (and also given some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor), but I was pleasantly surprised to find it absolutely fine: very clean, and nicely appointed. My other compliment would have to be the transport driver, who was very friendly. We ended up ordering in and enjoying a restful sleep.

Unfortunately, my sleep was then disturbed early in the morning by workers engaging in excessively loud conversations in the halls. The cleaning crew also kept yelling "housekeeping" going from room to room. Perhaps the workers should be told that travelers often sleep in, and making all of that noise is really not appreciated. I ended up just getting up since I couldn't sleep any longer, and happily connected to the free wi-fi, which was absolutely awesome. I decided to head down to get some of the "grab and go" breakfast, but was again sorely disappointed. The offerings were not worthy of being called breakfast. If you're a diabetic or watching your sugar intake, a pre-packaged sugary blueberry muffin, granola bar and an apple really would not work. On a more positive note, the coffee was pretty good. So I had that and had to simply wait til I checked out to eat.

Overall, I would stay here again. Some improvements in the areas I noted above (and honoring the quoted internet rate) would have made my stay much better, but for overnight accommodations, this is just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms; however, we apologize that you were misled regarding our shuttle service as well that our housekeeping staff was being loud in the hallways in early hours of the morning. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed your comments with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. In regards to the difference in rates at our sister property I have credited your account $20 for the inconveniences experienced.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tsh@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked here thru Priceline so, I got sight unseen, I got 1 queen size bed, in a room the size of a postage stamp. I checked off a 2 1/2 star and 2 adults 1 child, Priceline told me that I get what I get all bookings get automatically changed to what they consider double occupancy. Which in this case is what Extended Stay calls a queen size bed.

Don't get me wrong I got a full size freezer for my insulin. I got laughed at, at the front desk. I think it was because I paid 34 bucks? She kept laughing even after I asked her to stop. I smile when I am uncomfortable. But I told her this was the start of a nightmare. I did find out later that the chair was a pull out cot but when I pulled it out the thing was covered in blood stains, no kidding I took photos this should be illegal.

They charge upgrade charges for everything. So be warned. I'm afraid if I ask for another room sans-blood stains I would get a worst room. I have to stay here for 2 days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of the chair/extra bed you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am going to retrain my staff to ensure that unacceptable furniture does not stay in our guest rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked this hotel using Priceline as a matter of convience because it was close to the Tampa airport and had free shuttle service. My son was in town and had a very early flight so rather than travel in the early hours of the AM it made sense to be close.

My GPS had a tricky time trying to locate it, or I should say I had a tricky time because the sign was below a huge sign that read "Penthouse Club" (see photo attached)

The hotel is actually located behind the Penthouse club. My 24 year old son was over the moon because the hotel gave him a free pass to visit the Penthouse! So, this is the perfect hotel for anyone wanting to visit the Penthouse and/or has an early flight.

The shuttle service went above and beyond allowing me to ride to the airport with my son and then catch the shuttle back after he flew out.

Our hotel room had a pull=out single bed that was convenient however the room didn't include the bedding for it so we had to make another trip to the desk to get bedding and once we pulled it out, there was a bit of garbage under the seat so that was not clean. My queen bed was excellent for sleeping and he was fine on the pullout bed.

Nice clean kitchen area with a simple bathroom area and HBO playing a nice flat-screen with a DVD player as well.

Easy breakfast in the AM so all in all it was worth the stay!

Room Tip: Bottom floor, 500 area was a nice spot for us.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our shuttle service was prompt and you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was my first ever stay at an extended stay America. the price was really cheap on priceline and most hotels were full in the area so i gave it a try. NEVER NEVER again would I stay at another extended stay.

First off this whole budget concept of no maid service except once a week and a light cleaning once during my 3 night stay is disgusting. Imagine staying in a hotel room that isn't cleaned on a daily basis. Think of the dust and the germs that lurk in hotels. Upon entering the room I realized the whole suite idea was a joke. My room was tiny with a divider wall between the kitchen and bath. There was no room to move in this room it was so small. Even upon entering the room, I noticed it wasn't even that clean already. the chair had stains all over it. Carpets were obviously dirty and worn out. The bathroom floor tile wasn't even clean nor was the tub. The shower curtain had black mold all over the bottom of it.
The next day I brought my dirty towels down to exchange for clean ones. It took all day and 3 attempts to finally get clean towels. like thats some big luxury to get clean towels in a hotel. I guess you dump your own trash in the trash cans that are overflowing because nobody changes them. I never saw the maids once vacuuming the hall carpets either. Plus the towels are old and worn to the threads. After my second night, my last day before checkout I get a "light" cleaning. what a joke. The maid comes and dumps the trash, changes out the towels and makes the bed with the same dirty linens. No cleaning the carpets, no cleaning sinks or toilets.
But the most disgusting thing here is I already had been recovering from a cold when i arrived but somehow I seemed to be getting worse. My coughing was out of control when i was in my room. when I looked in the air conditioner vent next to the bed you could literally see all the mold in there. So the minute that went on it was blowing mold in your system!!! This is a health hazard.

Bottom line. This place is disgusting. Run from here don't walk. The health board come here and make a visit and shut this mold pit down. Using budget and value is no excuse for not cleaning. The motel 6 has maid service!! I would never stay here again nor at any extended stay America.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be re-trained so this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

this had got to be the worst bed I've ever attempted to sleep on. they give you 2 pots to cook with and neither are non stick. In fact when i checked in the one pot had the lid in it upside down and so stuck i had to apply physics with heating the pot and cooling the lid to finally unstick it. Also there are a lot of construction workers that frequent this place and make their home out on the front stoop chain smoking and pounding beers. real welcoming!!!!! You need to ask for everything like toilet paper and tissue. don't even hope for a breakfast except for a granola bar and coffee. The ONLY positive thing I can say is that it is located close to just about everything.But back to why you don"t WANT TO STAY HERE. Every time some one closes their door your room shakes and it make alot of noise. You can hear every noise any one makes in the next room. They Do give you a cutting board.....but only a serrated steak knive????? oh there goes the banging door again. Can't get any work done.

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. In response to your feedback, I am going to take your concerns and address it with the appropriate staff members. Additionally, I apologize that you did not enjoy our Grab and Go breakfast, which consists of assorted muffins, fruit, oatmeal, breakfast bars and coffee. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I paid for my room daily instead of weekly because I didn't know how long I would be staying.

Good luck getting room service. I stayed for about a week and the maids never came to my room. I saw a roach crawling in my room. This hotel is pet friendly and I was put on the 3rd floor with noisy dogs. I went downstairs to pay for my room for one more night and the woman at the front desk rudely asked me " Are you ever going home?" Wow nice customer service that was the last straw I packed my things and left.

• Stayed October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive cleaning service. In response to your feedback, I am going to retrain my Front Desk Staff. Upon check in, we need to explain to our guests that you do not receive cleaning service unless you stay a full week (7 days). We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TSH@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Loudon, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America at 1805 West Shore Blvd. in Tampa for seven nights. We were very pleased with our visit The staff was extremely polite and helpful. Our room was neat and clean. The AC worked extremely well. The planes landing at Tampa Airport were fairly close but we could barely hear them unless the windows were open. There is a "gentleman's club" next door, but we couldn't hear any loud music or noise from them even though our room faced their parking lot. We did not see or hear any of the dancers or the patrons from the club. In fact, their large purple sign made it easy to find the turn to the hotel. Our bed was extremely comfortable with just the right amount of covers. The room was cleaned twice while we were there. Everything in the room worked, from the flat screen TV to the toaster, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. The "grab and go" breakfast was coffee, fruit, breakfast bars and muffins. The coffee was good and strong and the muffins and fruit were both fresh. We did not hear any other guests from our room, although you could hear the occasional TV when walking down the hall. We felt safe and comfortable while we were there. The value received for our money was exceptional. I recommend this hotel to family, friends and anyone else looking for a great value while on vacation.

Room Tip: Units on the northwest corner are easily reached from the parking lot, no matter which floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, October 3, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel
Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa
Extended Stay America Tampa
Extended Stay Tampa
Tampa Extended Stay
Address: 1805 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
#93 Luxury Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. to your Saves list