“Great place to stay with perks” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Busch Gardens Offer
Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great place to stay with perks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We just returned from our vacation last week to Orlando and Tampa. While in Tampa, we stayed at this Hampton Inn and were sincerely impressed. Check in and out were smooth. The room was clean, with nice, fresh clean bedding, comforters, and nice soft fluffy towels. Room had a pretty good sized flat panel TV. Breakfasts surpassed most "continental" options of cereal, or danishes. There were always hot items such as scrambled eggs & peppers to make breakfast burritos or even cheese omelettes one morning. They also had a Manager's Reception all nights we were there (week day evenings) and the two nights we went down, it was ample and tasty enough to be our dinner. The first night, which we missed, there was BBQ pork sandwiches. Second night was hamburgers and 3rd was beef stew. Aside from a main hot item, there was cheese & crackers, carrots & celery, chips... plenty for a family traveling on a budget with a 4 year old. We were thrilled about the Manager Reception because of this. There was also a free shuttle to Busch Gardens where we could set the times we wanted to be taken/ picked up instead of set shuttle times that some other hotels offered. The hotel is located not far off of I-75 and very close to an office park, putting it in a better location than right around Busch Gardens, that is a bit of a shadier area of Tampa. You could tell that the hotel was sprucing itself up as fresh paint appeared in the lobby and in some exterior locations. Overall, we were very happy and would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites out of convenience, having secured a reservation at a more upscale hotel previously,but it was farther away from my business appointments. With reservation, I went forward with Hampton Inn. Although the hotel appears in the process of upgrading, my room had not made the upgrade with the furniture and carpet seeing wear. The recliner however, was sooooo comfortable and a great place to stop after a long day. The hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful. The housekeeping staff attended to "the little things"....putting the Sprite and bottled water I left on the desk on ice so when I returned after a hot, long day, a nice cold drink was waiting. The continental breakfast is equal to others in suite hotels and the staff is very friendly. Easy access; sidewalks to walk on in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
daphne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

No problems from check in to check out. Staff was courteous and went out of way to be helpful - housekeepers were considerate and polite - room was clean - will definitely add this to my list of preferred hotels in Tampa area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We had a coupon for $49 from a Room Saver coupon book. I can't remember ever paying that little for a room. Unfortunately, it is true that you get what you pay for.
The room was dark and the furniture was worn. It was not spotless like several other Hamptons. For some reason, they turned the air off in the hallways and elevators.
I would not have spent a second night at the property, but we only needed a place for the night. In fact, I would prefer to pay a normal rate and enjoy the room. I'm sure there is a better Hampton Inn in the Tampa area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Newberry, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

My family and I cannot say enough about this Hampton Inn. Over the past 2 years I have been receiving treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center. In May of 2008 I had surgery and between the surgery and a complication afterwards was in the hospital for 30 days. Before that and since there have been many days we have spent at Moffitt for tests, checkups, minor surgeries. My family made Hampton Inn on Hidden River Parkway our homebase. The rooms and service have always been exceptional. Quiet and peaceful. Exactly what we needed. My friend and I stayed there March 30 because of my latest cancer reoccurence. We commented on our stays at Hampton Inns and how, no matter where they are located, we have never been disappointed. Thank you also so much for the Moffitt patient discount which helps immensely. Cathy

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

My wife, child (5 years old) and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa North for 3 nights in January 2010. Check-in was smooth at about 4:15 pm with no waiting or line. I had booked a package that included 2 tickets to Busch Gardens, which were printed during check-in. I was also able to buy a ticket for my child at a reduced rate.
I had booked a suite that had a small kitchen, living area and separate bedroom. The kitchen had a microwave, 2 burner stove, dishwasher and full sized refrigerator. There was a counter that had 3 stools. The living room had a sleeper sofa, chair, desk & chair, coffee table, end tables and a TV. The TV was a flat panel HDTV, although there is no PPV or video checkout etc. My VIP My Way benefit of a bottle of water and salty snack (cracker jax) was in the room when we arrived. A USA today was delivered to the room on weekdays. There is no safe in the room.
The toiletries were “Purity Basics” brand and consisted of shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, shoe mitt, and small comb.
We had an issue with ants in the kitchen. I had purchased a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts (as I always do) the first night and put the box on the kitchen counter. The next morning, there were ants all over the counter and in my doughnut box. The ants kept appearing. I told the front desk and they said someone would do something about it. I never got confirmation that anything was done, but we had gotten rid of all the ants at the time and did not bring any food into the room for the remainder of the trip.
The breakfast was typical continental fare, with 2 different “hot” items each day. For example scrambled eggs and bacon the one day. There was also a waffle maker. The bananas they had available did not look very good and were bruised and browning. The breakfast area also seemed dirty and untidy most of the time.
We did not try the managers’ reception the night it was open while we were there. They had what looked like stew along with cheese, crackers, chips, carrot sticks.
This hotel is fairly close to Busch Gardens, about a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic. It is farther away from such other attractions as Lowery Park Zoo and the Florida Aquarium. There are many restaurants nearby, especially on Fowler Avenue about 5-10 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Stayed here with my wife becuase it was recommended by University of South Florida Health where my wife was having treatment at Morsani and Moffit for cancer.The hotel has a preferential rate for USF Health.

The hotel is also convenient for Busch Gardens.

The hotel was perfectly adequate for our needs over 2 nights though I think it`s a little further from Morsani and Moffit than I`d ideally like and it`s very out of the way for a range of eating places and supermarkets and shops generally.I`ve stayed much closer to Morsani at another hotel reviewed by me and I very much preferred that one which was a similar rate on the internet for a far better room and was much better located.

Having said that this hotel is fine.Check in and check out were efficient.The room was an ok size though a bit gloomy.The bathroom was a decent size and towels and complimentary toiletries were plentiful.The room was clean.There was no safe nor a fridge until we asked for one.There is no mini-bar.There was a coffee making facility though there is 24/7 complimentary hot beverages in the lounge /reception area.There was a tv,not modern but functional and it seems unusually for a Brit who loves American Football it had the NFL channel--not many hotels in the US seem to have that(perhaps at the request of the ladies such as my wife??!!!)

Continental style breakfast was fine with a reasonable range of fruit and cereals and pastries.I don`t know if a hot breakfast was available--but I saw no sign of one.

There is no bar .

The swimming pool is adequate and towels are provided by reception.

There is plenty of free parking in the car park that surrounds the hotel for guests.

I would stay here again for a night or two--but only if my preferred choice of hotel was already fully booked but if you do stay it`ll be alright.It`s certainly an ok choice for an overnighter and there is a complimentary newspaper available in reception so that`s worth something!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!