“Nice Hotel close to USF” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Busch Gardens Offer
Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Nice Hotel close to USF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is a short drive to USF. I recently stayed there while attending my daughters orientations. It was nice, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was delicious and the coffee was great. The staff were all very pleasant. Will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ormond Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by a complimentary hot dinner being served. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This was my first stay at the Hampton Inn and as a result of the hospitality and atmosphere I will definitely use this chain in my future travels.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

pembroke Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I'm a frequent client, and I always get the best service at this location, great breakfast and evening dinner is great also after a long work day you don't have to go out to dinner. the staff is cordial, specially Pam Calhoum, she makes you feel at home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review of your experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you think our team is special and takes great care of you! Pam is a real gem and we're glad that she makes you feel right at home!

Thanks for being a frequent guest, we appreciate your business!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The staff was great...the food was good. Pam Calhoun, one of the servers for breakfast, constantly checked on me to make sure that I had everything that I needed. I also watched her interact with the other guests giving them the same treatment. She brought out a box full of prizes for the children and watched in delight as they picked something to take home with them. I felt right at home. For the value of the room along with both breakfast & dinner you can't beat it. I will definitely stay again when I'm in the area

Tunnelton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I found ourselves returning to the Tampa area to mix a little business (training) and family vacation time. We stayed a week at Hampton Inn & SuitesTampa-North. This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. We had such an enjoyable time and new it to be a beautiful, clean place that I never hesitated to book again for this trip. You always worry, since it had been six years ago, if you will have the same experience or not. I am very glad to report that our stay,was again, an awesome experience. From the very begining, arriving a little early, a suite was available allowing us to spend the evening pool side. The landscaping around pool and entire facility was blooming and appeared to be beautifully managed. We loved the coffee, tea and hot chocolate bar that was always available (something little-but made it so nice). Every afternoon you found fresh lemonade and Mon-Thurs the manager's reception was truly awesome. Myself and my four family members made a meal of the appetizers all nights except one. We hated that we missed the lasagna!! Our suite was very nice. Full size fridge and the hotel provided many items (papertowels, dishwashing and diswahser soap, etc.) that made stay hassel free. Stove with pots and pans was a big bonus. We were very happy with room overall. I will add that we experienced minor issue with our bathroom during stay and front desk and maintanence dept was prompt and very diligent to remedy issue. Daily cleaning service was awesome as well! Very flexible and very pleasant to work with. One of our favorite things during the week long stay was being able to see Pam Calhoun, Guest Service Ambassador, during the complimentary daily breakfast. The breakfast offered many, great choices. Pam and fellow employees were so attentive at all times making sure you had everything you needed. Her warm smile and genuine conversation just got your day started off right!! Really enjoyed close proximity to many attractions. To name a few, we enjoyed Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and nearby Lettuce Lake Park. One more thing, the hotel and staff had many regulars and I saw one gentleman leave facility explaining that this would be his last occasion to be in area and for what it is worth he seemed visibly sad that he was saying goodbye to staff and I watched the staff share in his emotion, hugging as they said their goodbyes. You just do not find that personal touch too many places these days. Very nice thing to see! I would recommend staying here to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and doing a review of your recent stay at our hotel! We're thrilled that you had the same great experience that you had six years ago. Our entire team strives to give our guest the ultimate experience and I am happy that was the case with your recent trip.

We know you have a choice in hotels and we're privileged that you chose us! We hope to see you again soon!
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family of 5 were here for 3 nights while visiting USF for my Daughters orientation. I upgraded to a suite with Hhonors points and it was great. We were given complimentary chocolates at check in. The room was clean and cold when we walked in the first evening. Breakfast is never a disappointment at Hampton Inn. There was something new I hadn't seen before for the waffles, there were toppings. I didn't eat any waffles but my daughter said they were great with he toppings. The first time my Wife and I were here we visited Busch Gardens (which is not far away), I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel! At our hotel, we try to go above and beyond for our guests and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our new addition to our breakfast menu! Many of our guests seem to really enjoy creating exciting waffles with our new toppings.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Took a much needed vacation with my daughter, just the two of us. Hampton Inn and Suites was perfect for us. Close to Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium. Not many local restaurants to choose from, but mostly chains. Also, if you are looking for shopping, unless you want Target, WalMart, Kmart, TJ Maxx, Ross....etc, you won't find it here. There is a mall about 30 minutes away, but I wouldn't recommend it. There is an outlet mall about an hour or so away, if you don't mind the extra travel. On a positive note, this hotel is in a perfect location. Close to the interstate but not difficult to get in and out of. I would recommend it and would stay here again, if in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and stair ways are probably the quietest, as in any hotel. We had a nice v...