“Very Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Busch Gardens Offer
Ranked #11 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. I love the Hilton/Hampton brand anyway. If I can't stay Hilton/Hampton id rather stay home.
I enjoyed our suite it was perfect. The dinner served was chicken veggies and rolls. The chicken was soggy but I just pulled the outside off. The steam got to the fried chicken. It looked really gross but I didn't complain. They also served wine and beer. My husband said the beer was warm but the wine was fine. The staff was nice and the gym was updated with new equipment.
I'd certainly stay here again : )

Stayed October 2013

466 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Busch Gardens with my kids. All 4 of us stayed in one room. My husband likes to sleep in the freezing cold and the rest of us like it warm. The staff was able to accommodate us with lots of extra blankets. The breakfast was nice as always. Very pleasant trip

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Miami, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at MANY Hampton Inn's over the years, and this one was one of the best. The Suite me and my 3 friends got was great, two of us had a queen bed, one a pullout bed and the other a Rollaway (Which was given to us at NO additional charge over the room), we all slept very comfortably. The suite was clean as can be, the TV's had lots of channels and were HD flat screens of good size. The hotel staff was very helpful with all of our needs, and both check-in and and Check-out were quick and easy. Next time I am in Tampa this will be the first place I check out to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

West Columbia, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

There was only one decaf and one regular coffee package in our room. When I asked the desk for more, they said it is now Hilton's policy to only provide one of each coffee choice. They did give me more regular coffee packages, but there is no requirement for them to do so. The only type room available for my husband and I was two regular beds, Not one king, not two queens, but two regular size. They are barely bigger than a crib. The headboards permanently affixed to the wall are for queen size mattresses. I know about downsizing but this is ridiculous for a five night stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
jSarasota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Clean, friendly staff, good quality for the price. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Breakfast staff were lovely and helpful. A very good experience. I would return to this hotel. I am running out of things to say because I need 200 characters!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

High Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary visiting Busch Gardens on October 2013. We stayed 3 nights at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North since it was only 10 minutes away. We normally stay at Hampton Inn because of their cleanliness, comfort, price, and excellent complimentary breakfast; but this one in particular exceeded our expectations. When we arrived the night of October 7th, we were greeted with the usual Hampton friendliness and given the news that besides the complimentary breakfast, we also had complimentary dinner from 5 to 7pm. The room where we stayed had the usual cleanliness scent, comfortable bed and accommodations that accompany Hampton. In the morning we were greeted and attended by a wonderful lady that enjoys her job and adds prestige to the hotel. We made sure we got her name in order to mention her in this review. The lady's name is Pam Calhoun. Even though my wife and I normally arrived 10 minutes before breakfast was over, Ms Calhoun made sure we had everything we needed before closing the breakfast area. On our last morning since we arrived a little later than usual, Ms Calhoun greeted with "I was thinking about you and expecting you this morning". Her genuine attention made us feel like "royalty". Right before we left, we noticed one of the cleaning crew in a neighboring room meticulously spraying a picture frame on the wall and stepping backwards observing it from different angles to make sure there were no fingerprints. If the cleaning crew is so careful about a picture on the wall, imagine how careful they will be about making sure your bed, bathroom, floor, and furniture is also clean for your use. I don't write reviews but this wonderful experience compelled us to write our first one. We definitely look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Keller, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very quiet room and area. Enjoyed my stay and recommend it highly. Had never stayed at this hotel in the past. Staff very pleasant and helpfull in finding a location for dinner. What else could I say that explains my satisfaction?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!