“Family away from Family” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Busch Gardens Offer
Ranked #10 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Antonio, Tx
“Family away from Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am a Corporate Instructor that works for one of the top rated Customer Service companies in the US and I have to say that I feel this hotel has definitely lived up to my expectations. They were curtious, friendly, prompt, and helpful. Every morning I walked downstairs to grab my coffee and breakfast on the go, and I was always greeted with a smiling face from Pam Calhoun and the staff. Being a young woman on her own, it is so comforting to be able to say good morning to someone, and they remember my name!! The front desk staff was also very cordial, held conversation, and the maintenance was immediate and very exact. The food was hot and quite yummy, and coffee always fresh no matter what time of day. Deifinitely a family away from family and I cannot thank them enough. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and that includes all of my co workers that frequent Tampa for business. Thank you Pam and staff for making this Texas girl feel like she was home!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Montville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I cannot get over how outstanding this hotel is. The rooms have been recently renovated and they are gorgeous! The lobby is spacious and well decorated. What really stands out at this hotel is the service. When we checked in they were setting up for a "fiesta" and I was quickly invited to come and join the party. There were tacos and wine and lots of munchies. Nichole, who was the organizer of the event, went out of her way to make sure we has everything we needed, and that we were having a good time. Every business needs to have an employee like her. On the second night, it was the same thing, except the theme was "wings and things." I've stayed in plenty of Hampton inns and never experienced anything like this. This is the kind of hotel where you really feel welcome, and like you're at home. It was truly a great experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this property for one week in the latter half of August 2013. The Business cards for some of the front desk staff read "Guest Service Ambassador" and this is exactly the impression that we had of every single one of the staff members. Very friendly and accommodating. Hot breakfast was expected but the food that also greets you in the evenings is a special treat.
We did have one challenge with the two elevators where one block only has odd numbered rooms and the other block has all the evenly numbered rooms, but once you get into the correct elevator, you are fine. Even if you do get lost or into the wrong elevator, it is easily and quickly explained and fixed.
For parents registering a young man into USF, the presence of the Guest Laundry was also very welcomed.
If I could rate this Hotel; at 6 stars, I would. Thanks. We had an outstanding experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I enjoyed my recent visit to this hotel. We were there from Thursday to Sunday in August 2013.
We had Excellent Breakfasts and Great Dinners. The Food was Good, Hot and Fresh. The Service was outstanding. I had spilled some of my juice on the table and went to go get a napkin to wipe it up, by the time I got back to the table, the staff was there wiping up my mess. Wow! Talking about service. Great hotel, friendly staff and comfortable Bed! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had lots of problems but they were eventually fixed. Missing shower curtain. Internet wouldn't work but was fixed. Toilet overflowed and kept running and was fixed. No towels the second night. 1st day the lady at breakfast was nice and helpful and the 2nd day we were treated rudely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We're terribly sorry to hear about the experience you had. It's always our goal to ensure that our guests feel comfortable and are taken care of during their stay with us. We're glad that many of the service issues were addressed but will use your review in future trainings to ensure that such missteps do not continue. We hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while attending a BICSI training course. This hotel is the closest to the Bicsi campus of all the hotels and the staff is genuinely friendly. Everyone goes the extra mile to please their guest. Nichole Nance worked very hard to prepare the food every night for our complimentary dinner. She waited on us nonstop. She is a great person and could definitely take on a larger role with her people skills being so great. If I am in Tampa again, there is no doubt I will be staying here. The rooms have been recently upgraded and are extremely nice. The hotel is also in the safest part of Tampa.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is great. Mary, Pam and Nikki do their best to make sure I feel comfortable. I love the fact that i can get a hot breakfast. That is a plus. My room is always clean. I will enjoy staying here for while.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!