“Tampa-North Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Williamstown, United States
“Tampa-North Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stay in numerous Hampton Inns throughout the year for business and must say this particular location has some of, if not the best, staff of any I've ever stayed. Just phenomenal in every way. Eating area, Front Desk, and Shuttle staff where accommodating and friendly in every way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I rarely write reviews but my experience was so nice and had to. I recently moved to Tampa and need temporary housing for a month until the purchase of my new house was completed. I got a great deal on a large suite. It included breakfast every morning and a light dinner with cocktails 4 nights a week. The staff was very nice. In particular, the night manager, Nikole, was always friendly to me and the other guests. My room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable just like a Hilton. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the beds are great. No bad rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is awesome to say!!! People are so good... They have wifi, breakfast, evening snacks... I am pure veg and the guest service Ambassador... always provides me with some veg options... Staff is very kind and take care about their guest very much... They have Shuttle service which takes to nice places near by like Universal Mall, Busch Garden... if some one is from office will drop them to office....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, and really like the chain's concept towards their business customers. Unfortunately, this particular Hampton Inn is not up to standard of most of them. Fortunately, they seem to be making changes to get there.

This hotel is "U" shaped, with the center being the reception area, and the pool being between the two arms. The "arm" I am in is dated, and clearly in need of a renovation. The other "arm" is closed and is currently being renovated (June 2013). So it seems the owners have recognized the need for upgrading and are doing something about it.

The staff here as has been as friendly and helpful as can be. The rooms are showing their age, but (as noted) the hotel is being renovated. I was here for four days/three nights, and overall am satisfied. I had one issue with the housekeeping, but the staff was more than apologetic and helpful when I brought it to their attention. Once the place has been updated, I am sure it will be up to the standards of most Hampton Inns.

I have to return to this area in 8 months. I will be calling to see if the renovation is done in the one side (or maybe both sides). If so, I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are looking to have the first part of our renovation completed in the next few weeks and then we will start the other portion of our hotel. We are expecting all renovations to be completed by the end of August. We look forward to your visit in 8 months!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Pam at breakfest is great and you get dinner monday thru thursday fir free.hotel is being renovated to like new the lobby has been redone and all the rooms are being done now. Staff makes you feel by getting to know you. welcome and I go out of my way to stay here as I travel frequently to Tampa.

• Stayed June 2013
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks so much for doing your review of our hotel. We love having you as our guest =)

Thanks!
Heather
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here while we attended our son's Orientation at USF. Very close to the campus and the main road this is on (Fletcher) is much less busy than Fowler Ave. Quiet location. Good service at check in. As far as the room goes, the beds could be more comfortable and they need fluffier pillows. Also...double beds? What happened to two Queens? Big mistake I think. Doesn't give much room for 2 adults in a double. Our toilet had issues from day 1 as well, wouldn't flush so my husband fixed it (problem with the flapper). Besides the beds, everything else was fine, clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Everyone from the front desk employees to the guest services people were outstanding. The hotel was going through a remodel but the attitude of the employees was outstanding. One person stood out above all the rest. This was Nichole the Guest Services Ambassador. She went over and above to make you feel like you were home. The evening meal she put out was very good. She also took the time to talk to each table and provide excellent service. My wife and I had stayed at this hotel before but not had the pleasure of being welcomed by Nichole. We would for sure stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!