“Under renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Salt Lake City
“Under renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, and really like the chain's concept towards their business customers. Unfortunately, this particular Hampton Inn is not up to standard of most of them. Fortunately, they seem to be making changes to get there.

This hotel is "U" shaped, with the center being the reception area, and the pool being between the two arms. The "arm" I am in is dated, and clearly in need of a renovation. The other "arm" is closed and is currently being renovated (June 2013). So it seems the owners have recognized the need for upgrading and are doing something about it.

The staff here as has been as friendly and helpful as can be. The rooms are showing their age, but (as noted) the hotel is being renovated. I was here for four days/three nights, and overall am satisfied. I had one issue with the housekeeping, but the staff was more than apologetic and helpful when I brought it to their attention. Once the place has been updated, I am sure it will be up to the standards of most Hampton Inns.

I have to return to this area in 8 months. I will be calling to see if the renovation is done in the one side (or maybe both sides). If so, I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are looking to have the first part of our renovation completed in the next few weeks and then we will start the other portion of our hotel. We are expecting all renovations to be completed by the end of August. We look forward to your visit in 8 months!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pam at breakfest is great and you get dinner monday thru thursday fir free.hotel is being renovated to like new the lobby has been redone and all the rooms are being done now. Staff makes you feel by getting to know you. welcome and I go out of my way to stay here as I travel frequently to Tampa.

• Stayed June 2013
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks so much for doing your review of our hotel. We love having you as our guest =)

Thanks!
Heather
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here while we attended our son's Orientation at USF. Very close to the campus and the main road this is on (Fletcher) is much less busy than Fowler Ave. Quiet location. Good service at check in. As far as the room goes, the beds could be more comfortable and they need fluffier pillows. Also...double beds? What happened to two Queens? Big mistake I think. Doesn't give much room for 2 adults in a double. Our toilet had issues from day 1 as well, wouldn't flush so my husband fixed it (problem with the flapper). Besides the beds, everything else was fine, clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Everyone from the front desk employees to the guest services people were outstanding. The hotel was going through a remodel but the attitude of the employees was outstanding. One person stood out above all the rest. This was Nichole the Guest Services Ambassador. She went over and above to make you feel like you were home. The evening meal she put out was very good. She also took the time to talk to each table and provide excellent service. My wife and I had stayed at this hotel before but not had the pleasure of being welcomed by Nichole. We would for sure stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I must say I stay in hotels all the time foe business and I appreciate great customer service. In the mornings at breakfast Ms. Pam was so nice and helpful and I loved her personality...a great way to start off my day! I appreciate when people are genuine and go out of their way to make you feel good..thank you Ms. Pam!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had a wonderful excellent time at this Hampton inn. Everyone went out of there way to show me a enjoyable time esp Nichole Nance! One of the nicest person's in the world. She has a excellent personality and very hard working. Thank you Nichole for being the person that you are! My next trip to Tampa will definitely be staying at this Hampton inn!

Georiga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

From a road warrior perspective being on the road 40+ weeks out of a year. Booked here for a whole month! The manager does a “great” job in managing this hotel and truly believes in guest services. The desk clerk Nichole checked us in and was awesome A+. She answered all of our questions and we had many. She was super nice and a good communicator which is great in the hotel industry. On to the hotel – The hotel is located moments from the highway so it has good highway access. Restaurants are nearby but more major restaurant chains are within a 3-4 miles range. The overall area appears to be somewhat a business district, located in a nice quiet area. The hotel exterior was clean and maintained. The interior lobby was clean and maintained. The room was a suite overlooking the pool area and was very clean. The bed was clean/soft/comfortable and pillows were soft/comfortable. The bathroom was extremely clean and equip with all the necessary toiletries. The kitchen was extremely clean and equip with “everything” you need right down to the dishes and etc. Being in a hotel for a month you see a lot. I saw the housekeepers clean those rooms/bedding and do a good job. That was a relieve to see their cleaning standards. The staff was super nice and always accommodating, the morning front desk clerk Mary was also great and awesome A+. The dishwasher broke she had the building super at the door within 2 mins to fix it, I was surprised by the quick response time. Weekends didn’t want room cleaned only requested towels, within 2 mins a knock at the door! Here is your towels can I get you anything else! So service is awesome and on point here. The noise level from the cleaning staff was "none", so you could do those conference calls without scheduling your calls around the cleaning staff/noise. To add, dinner is served in the evening in the lobby area. The dinner was actually good! Nicole overseen the dinner the days I attended. She was so accommodating to all of the guests, making sure everyone was full and happy! I can’t speak on breakfast or the quality of food because I didn’t eat breakfast. I can’t say anything bad about this hotel. Everyone from manager to the front desk clerk(s) to the housekeepers to the building super was great!

Room Tip: Suite overlooking the pool-