“Convenient Location to USF” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Busch Gardens Offer
Ranked #15 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Marathon, Florida
“Convenient Location to USF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here while we attended our son's Orientation at USF. Very close to the campus and the main road this is on (Fletcher) is much less busy than Fowler Ave. Quiet location. Good service at check in. As far as the room goes, the beds could be more comfortable and they need fluffier pillows. Also...double beds? What happened to two Queens? Big mistake I think. Doesn't give much room for 2 adults in a double. Our toilet had issues from day 1 as well, wouldn't flush so my husband fixed it (problem with the flapper). Besides the beds, everything else was fine, clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Everyone from the front desk employees to the guest services people were outstanding. The hotel was going through a remodel but the attitude of the employees was outstanding. One person stood out above all the rest. This was Nichole the Guest Services Ambassador. She went over and above to make you feel like you were home. The evening meal she put out was very good. She also took the time to talk to each table and provide excellent service. My wife and I had stayed at this hotel before but not had the pleasure of being welcomed by Nichole. We would for sure stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I must say I stay in hotels all the time foe business and I appreciate great customer service. In the mornings at breakfast Ms. Pam was so nice and helpful and I loved her personality...a great way to start off my day! I appreciate when people are genuine and go out of their way to make you feel good..thank you Ms. Pam!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful excellent time at this Hampton inn. Everyone went out of there way to show me a enjoyable time esp Nichole Nance! One of the nicest person's in the world. She has a excellent personality and very hard working. Thank you Nichole for being the person that you are! My next trip to Tampa will definitely be staying at this Hampton inn!

• Stayed June 2013
Georiga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

From a road warrior perspective being on the road 40+ weeks out of a year. Booked here for a whole month! The manager does a “great” job in managing this hotel and truly believes in guest services. The desk clerk Nichole checked us in and was awesome A+. She answered all of our questions and we had many. She was super nice and a good communicator which is great in the hotel industry. On to the hotel – The hotel is located moments from the highway so it has good highway access. Restaurants are nearby but more major restaurant chains are within a 3-4 miles range. The overall area appears to be somewhat a business district, located in a nice quiet area. The hotel exterior was clean and maintained. The interior lobby was clean and maintained. The room was a suite overlooking the pool area and was very clean. The bed was clean/soft/comfortable and pillows were soft/comfortable. The bathroom was extremely clean and equip with all the necessary toiletries. The kitchen was extremely clean and equip with “everything” you need right down to the dishes and etc. Being in a hotel for a month you see a lot. I saw the housekeepers clean those rooms/bedding and do a good job. That was a relieve to see their cleaning standards. The staff was super nice and always accommodating, the morning front desk clerk Mary was also great and awesome A+. The dishwasher broke she had the building super at the door within 2 mins to fix it, I was surprised by the quick response time. Weekends didn’t want room cleaned only requested towels, within 2 mins a knock at the door! Here is your towels can I get you anything else! So service is awesome and on point here. The noise level from the cleaning staff was "none", so you could do those conference calls without scheduling your calls around the cleaning staff/noise. To add, dinner is served in the evening in the lobby area. The dinner was actually good! Nicole overseen the dinner the days I attended. She was so accommodating to all of the guests, making sure everyone was full and happy! I can’t speak on breakfast or the quality of food because I didn’t eat breakfast. I can’t say anything bad about this hotel. Everyone from manager to the front desk clerk(s) to the housekeepers to the building super was great!

Room Tip: Suite overlooking the pool-
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here last night on business and upon arriving, I was greeted by a person who appeared to be on a personal phone call. She checked me in while still on the phone and provided me my key for the room. The room was clean and spacious as I am accustomed to seeing from a Hilton branded hotel. Later that night I took off my shoes to relax and while ironing my clothes, I was surprised to feel that the carpet was wet. I noticed that it was wet because the air conditioner in the room was leaking. They were quick to send someone over and move to me to another room but I was already tired and had unpacked so moving rooms was a hassle. The man who came up to help me was very apologetic and friendly throughout the process and even ran downstairs to grab me a new set of keys for the new room. They also accommodated me by getting me a room across the hall. If it wasn't for my check in experience and the incident from the air conditioner, I would have rated the hotel Excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. We're so sorry for the unpleasant leak in your room. We're so glad our team was quick to help in rectifying the issue but regret the inconvenience. We hope you will come back for a much better stay. Our staff is waiting to greet you.

Warm regards,
Jacksonville, FL, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Breakfast was horrible. Maintenance was useless; did not fix lights in bathroom sink area. Housekeeping took towels/washrags and did not replace. Bed was very uncomfortable. Room was spacious. Liked the separate bedroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Inconsistent service is not typical here at our hotel and we appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. As we try to ensure all team members stay one step ahead of our guests' needs, we will make sure we specifically point out your concerns. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please consider coming back and let us know what you think of our changes.

Safe travels,
Heather

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!