“Very pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Pikesville, Maryland
“Very pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed at various hotels in the Tampa area on business. Traveling alone I want to be assured I am in a safe area, so I always research prior to arrival. This trip all reasonably piced hotels were booked. I reserved a room at another hotel I was familiar with, but decided to try this one for one night because it was a Hampton and the price was very good. After my first night I cancelled my reservation at the other location. For $50.00 less per night I got a clean room, comfortable bed, manager's reception with food each night (Wed & Thurs), safe location, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. Each evening the staff made sure i ate and had everything I needed. Nikole was constantly moving around checking to make sure everyone had what they needed. I have never experienced such friendly and exceptional customer service at any other hotel. and I have stayed a many throughout the US on business.
Plus- behind the hotel there is a fenced area with a small pond where a couple of alligators live. I heard there is one approx 6ft, but I only saw the smaller one.
I will never consider staying at any other hotel when I am back in Tampa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Room was very, very clean and smelled fresh. The bed was amazing. My wife and I just stayed one night but we've been to this Hampton Inn before. Will stay again. Took advantage of the complimentary breakfast which has many choices. Room was very quiet and we never heard any neighbors. We booked in advance and saved about twenty dollars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel with a great breakfast and wonderful evening reception!!! Nikole is a wonderful hostess and genuinely cares for the clientele!!! Great hotel with caring personelle!! Nice location with many amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My one night stay was suitable for the price and my expectation. Of note was the courteous and prompt attention from the staff. Check-in was immediate, and then a polite call to my room later to check on room conditions was appreciated. I found the room to be clean and in good repair. These simple things show that the staff is interested in the comfort and convenience of their guests.

Some of the items in my room could stand an update, most notably the bed. It seemed to be a bit harder and older than other Hampton locations that I have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
What a lovely review! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, John B. We're glad to hear you were taken care of by our staff. However, I certainly do apologize for the uncomfortable bed you had during your stay with us. If you're ever in town again, certainly let us know so we can ensure extra comfort for you.

Kind regards,
Heather
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Booked the room through hotel.com. Price was great but they neglected to inform me that the pool would be closed for 5 weeks. The front desk said that it was on their website but I did not see it.

Otherwise, the hotel had all the usual Hampton Inn amenities. It is located just off 75 in a quiet area. Walking distance to a Starbucks! Hampton Inn has an excellent free breakfast but I like my coffee strong. Lots of restaurant choices a short driving distance. We were taking a cruise the next morning and it was only a twenty minute drive to the cruise terminal. The room was almost half the cost of what they wanted for rooms near the port.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great!!!! It offers 5 star amenities with great pricing!! If your in the Tampa area, make this your hotel! Also, they offer free shuttle service in the Tampa area! They provide a normal complimentary breakfast and also provide food in the evening Mon-Fri! All included in a normal stay. Also be on the lookout for Nikole! She will take care of you every step of the way. She will do anything and everything for you! She truly makes the hotel even more special! The other staff is fantastic as well, but Nikole is far most #1! If you get bored, there are alligators to spot in the back pond. It's also next door to Starbucks! Don't miss out on this Tampa jewel!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We received a warm welcome from Nicole and Andreas. Very friendly and accommodating. We arrived during the managers reception which offered snacks and beverages...very nice. The new lobby is lovely. the pool is being refurbished but should be completed by summer. Breakfast included many hot and cold selections and the hostess was terrific. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!