“Very nice not far from everything.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Busch Gardens Offer
Ranked #9 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Very nice not far from everything.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 2 days. The rate was the cheapest around. This surprised me as the room had a full kitchen, family room and a king bed. The morning breakfast was good and in the evening had the managers reception. Great quality for the price.

• Stayed November 2012

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here twice in the last 8 months and have always loved this property. First, I cannot compliment the staff enough, they are all friendly and very accommodating. The property is being renovated but don't let that stop you, they have done everything to make the process painless for their guests.
They have a very good hot breakfast, afternoon hors d'oeuvers, and chocolate chip cookies at night. They also have a free shuttle to take you to local restaurants, shopping, etc. The price is an excellent value for what they do for you. They make you feel like they appreciate you as their guests. Kudos to the management.
A real pleasure to stay here, you will love it,

• Stayed November 2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located just off I-75 near the University of South Florida. It is conveniently located to most North Tampa businesses and attractions. The service was excellent, the room was spacious and well appointed. The room was quiet, clean, the bed firm and the bath nice. Free WIFI of course. The breakfast was very good with a good variety of hot and cold items

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent a month in this hotel. The staff is nice, the facility is clean. The rooms are very nice with a total of 47 channel to watch on tv. Breakfast is good every morning, and you there's a manager banquet from Monday to Thursday.

Room Tip: If your traveling alone, get a King.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Was there for a trip to Busch Gardens. From booking the stay to check out ,this was exceptional service !!! The draw back was a very badly maintained out door pool. Nikole was an exceptional host and I will definitely return!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This wasn't a bad Hampton Inn, just not to the quality I've come to expect with the brand. My room was clean and large, but furnishings were old and tired. It was convenient to USF, which is where I needed to be for work.

They use the old window unit HVAC systems with no thermostat which can be loud and impossible to control temperature in the room. I ended up just turning the thing off so I could sleep peacefully. Since it was October, it stayed comfortable in the room.

Another annoyance is that the bathroom fan runs with the light on--no option to turn it off. I find that annoying since, like most ladies, I have to spend some time in front of the mirror getting ready in the morning. (The only other mirror in the room was behind the TV which was very odd. I believe that goes back to the out-of-date furniture.)

Last minor annoyance I'll mention, they have the old built-in hair dryers that don't work very well. When most hotels only had those, I always traveled with my own hair dryer. Since most hotels have moved to regular dryers, I don't bother bringing my own. I know men will read this and think it's a silly comment but any woman with thick and/or long hair should understand.

Construction was taking place in the lobby, but I arrived at night when work was not taking place--so no disruptions to guests in the evenings.

Breakfast was good. That was the typical Hampton Inn quality I expect. And they begin at 6:00 a.m. which helps me tremendously since I had to leave the hotel by 6:15 a.m. Several other similiar brands don't start breakfast until later so I often miss that benefit.

Service was very good. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall, the hotel was fine. If my travels take me to this area again, I would probably not stay here and try something else instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the thermostat and bathroom fan in your guestroom. I've worked with our engineers to examine the issues, however I apologize that it disrupted your stay. We are so glad our staff could show you our warm Hamptonality and that our quick and efficient breakfast proved to be beneficial. We’ll be sure to look into your other comments as we review our refresh options. Thank you again for your suggestions and we would love to see you again, whether business or pleasure.

Heather Fogle
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We did enjoy the stay. The hotel room was very clean and quiet. The lobby was under construction but we didnt experience any noise from it. Overall it was a great stay except when we came back to stay a 2nd night after being at the hospital all day and they didnt have any regular rooms available and only suites that were $40 more a night and werent willing to come down on the cost. But by doing so we found another hotel across the street that accomodated us much greater and was happy we had the inconvienance otherwise we wouldnt have found the other hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!