“Way Beyond Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Delaware
“Way Beyond Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to dropping her off to college at USF. First of all, the room was almost perfect (AC was a bit noisy but didn't prevent us from sleeping soundly). We took a nice dip in the pool after the long car ride, which felt amazing. To top things off, there was a Manager's reception that exceeded all expectations. Cheese and crackers, chips and dip, spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli - to name a few things. There was also some decent beer and wine to wash it down with. The Assistant Manager (Regina?) was all over the place welcoming people and bringing seconds. The folks at the desk were as friendly as could be. All in all, I can't remember enjoying a hotel stay this much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We took a cab from the airport which cost us $55. When we got to the hotel we were informed that they did not provide shuttle to the cruise terminal and there local shuttle transportation only went to Busch Garden. It was disappointing since we only book this hotel based on the transportation information provided on the expedia website. Although we arrived after breakfast area Pam was able to find us food which was really nice of her since we were starving. Anywho decided to go swimming but we rushed out 10 mins later since there were so many lizards around it was over 10 and that creeped me out. The hotel address really live up to its name it is very hidden and there are nothing nearby no restaurants, shopping mall. The managers reception (food, popcorn, beer, wine)was nice to have that night since we would have been spending at least $40 in taxi to go to a restaurant, Nicole def made us felt almost at home that night..The carpet in the room was a bit outdated however the bed was comfortable..We would only stay at this hotel again if I have rental car and our only purpose was to visit busch garden.

Paramus, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights, we prepaid through Busch Gardens website and were VERY disappointed. The hotel is very dark inside, needs major updating, and has a sign on the inside of the door that says don't open this door for strangers. It has a free breakfast which is nice, but one day we were a little coming down stairs for it and they were taking away items while we were trying to fill our plates. I have stayed at several Hampton Inns and this is probably the worst one.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our entire hotel. We have addressed our staff in regards to the breakfast situation, and again we apologize for the inconveniences. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and hope to see you again soon.
tampa, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here with 5 other people because we had a class for 3 days and it's always a great experience. The whole staff always make sure that we have everything we need not only in our rooms but also during our meetings. The ladies at the breakfast & dinner time are always very friendly even @ 6am. I work for a restaurant and customer service is very important and they definitely take customer service to the extreme. This hotel is our go to place for every meeting not only because it's the most centralized, but also because we know that they will deliver excellent service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in a two room suite while visiting Busch Gardens. The room was very clean and well maintained (showing a little wear but not too bad). The Hotel is located in a nice wooded area, close to the park. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Grovetown Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for several nights while we visited relatives in the area. Hotel is located close to I-75 on a quiet street. Parking is plentiful, and many stores and restaurants are a short drive away. We did not try the breakfast because it seemed crowded and busy, so we chose a nearby restaurant instead. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly. The bathroom fan was annoying because it was loud and came on every time the light was turned on. The wall unit a/c did not keep the room consistently cool during the night. Other than those two problems, our stay here was pleasant.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am a loyal HHonors Silver member just a stay or two shy of going Gold and pulled in at this Hampton after deciding to add an impromptu trip to Busch Gardens onto my stay in the area. The location is in a business park and within 5 miles of Busch Gardens and appeared clean and maintained. I was able to get a room right away and spent just enough time in the third floor room to give it the once over and drop my bags before heading back out for a day at Busch Gardens. Upon return however, everything took a nose dive. Within 5 minutes of settling in for the night, I discovered a lizard in the bathroom floor that ran out into the room and under the main room door and out into the hotel hallway. Acknowledging that I had observed several of these lizards on sidewalks throughout the city, I dismissed it since it had atleast fled my particular room. Now though, no sooner as I sat down on my bed, a spider was crawling across the bedspread. Though it was probably hilarious to hear me scream while whacking it to death with the tv remote, it was a big problem. I called the front desk and was told by the clerk that he couldn't offer a refund but would switch my room. I agreed, initially. However, in the 2 minutes it took me to hang up the phone, grab my purse and one suitcase and direct my teen to follow me back to the lobby, a third creepy crawly presented itself in the room. It was a red and black hard shelled something, possibly of the beetle variety, but mostly it was a deal breaker. When I got to the front desk, the clerk had my keys ready for a new room but I told him we were just checking out instead. He offered a 50% refund at this point even though there is a sign affixed to the counter plainly stating "If you aren't 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay." I obviously wan't satisfied and had only spent 20 minutes tops in the room total. I'm not confrontational at all though and took the 50% refund figuring I would just call the general manager the next day who would gladly refund the rest to my credit card or apply an equivalent amount of points to my HHonors account. I did make that call but I was sent to the gm's voicemail and she has yet to call me back. Go figure. I'm not burned on the Hilton brand overall but I will say this isn't my first issue with the Hampton line and I don't intend to honor brand loyalty anymore if a Hampton is the only Hilton brand option in an area I am needing to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family